Real Flashlight (by DoubleYou)

DoubleYou

• 1 month later...

I have added an experimental Bigger Size Plugin to the optional files made with xEdit. It can be used standalone, and increases the size to about 1.5x radius. Most everything in xEdit is marked as unknown, so this required significant testing to figure out. Due caution is advised.

Does this thing not have shadows like the Fallout 4 flash again? I don't recall seeing any, but I wasn't paying attention either. Also, is it not a head/body lamp? I have a Black Diamond Storm which takes 4 (!) AA AAA batteries, and it looks like this: https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/photos/headlamps/headbeam_478-7.jpg Very bright but soft falloff on the beam in both close and trail finding modes.

55 minutes ago, CaptainKumquat said:

Does this thing not have shadows like the Fallout 4 flash again? I don't recall seeing any, but I wasn't paying attention either. Also, is it not a head/body lamp? I have a Black Diamond Storm which takes 4 (!) AA batteries, and it looks like this: https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/photos/headlamps/headbeam_478-7.jpg Very bright but soft falloff on the beam in both close and trail finding modes.

Nice bike path ... distance markers to boot :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, CaptainKumquat said:

Does this thing not have shadows like the Fallout 4 flash again? I don't recall seeing any, but I wasn't paying attention either. Also, is it not a head/body lamp? I have a Black Diamond Storm which takes 4 (!) AA batteries, and it looks like this: https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/photos/headlamps/headbeam_478-7.jpg Very bright but soft falloff on the beam in both close and trail finding modes.

It appears to be Contact Shadows I believe, so if you disabled that, there are likely no shadows. 

40 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Nice bike path ... distance markers to boot :thumbsup:

Lol, yes it's from a review of the lamp I have. I'm not going out in the actual storm rain tonight to take of photo of my Storm beam. Too cozy inside!

34 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

It appears to be Contact Shadows I believe, so if you disabled that, there are likely no shadows. 

I mean, I'm sure there was a Fallout 4 mod around when it released that checked a box in the light and it made it shadow casting. I guess I was also saying I'd like a Bethesda-style softer version but without the banding and weird beam slit + with your wider beam tweaks. That would be perfect.