Starfield Default Values for All Known Valid INI Settings

DoubleYou

57 minutes ago, LiquidArrow said:

I noticed a lot of the crowd is just staring you down from far away when walking by them or when in a conversation behind you. 

For the headtracking I tried messing with all of the following values but only the bDisableHeadTracking worked to shut it off, but that shut it off for all characters. Do you have a trick for finding these values in the game so I can modify the headtracking distance and make it much smaller and for not as long of a stare?

[HeadTracking]
bDisableHeadTracking=0
fMaxPathLookAtPointDist=7.315
fMinPathLookAtPointDist=1.829
fPathLookAtPointTime=2.0
fUpdateDelaySecondsMax=1.5
fUpdateDelaySecondsMin=1.0
iUpdateActorsPerFrame=10

Distances are in meters. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, LiquidArrow said:

I did put all of the distance values to zero to just see if it would get disabled but no go. Maybe I'll put them in the negative. 

I'll look into it at some point probably, but there is never a guarantee that settings do what they sound like they do. There are several hundred more important settings controlling performance that I need to decode first. I am nearly done with shadows, with some very nice potential performance implications. 

10 hours ago, LiquidArrow said:

I noticed a lot of the crowd is just staring you down from far away when walking by them or when in a conversation behind you. 

For the headtracking I tried messing with all of the following values but only the bDisableHeadTracking worked to shut it off, but that shut it off for all characters. Do you have a trick for finding these values in the game so I can modify the headtracking distance and make it much smaller and for not as long of a stare?

[HeadTracking]
bDisableHeadTracking=0
fMaxPathLookAtPointDist=7.315
fMinPathLookAtPointDist=1.829
fPathLookAtPointTime=2.0
fUpdateDelaySecondsMax=1.5
fUpdateDelaySecondsMin=1.0
iUpdateActorsPerFrame=10

I'd test the following (assuming meters here, but maybe its game units). Setting both to the same value should impact only NPCs at this exact distance. With the delays, point times and #actors values, this might effectively disable head tracking and provide some insight:

fMaxPathLookAtPointDist=1.000
fMinPathLookAtPointDist=1.000

4 hours ago, z929669 said:

I'd test the following (assuming meters here, but maybe its game units). Setting both to the same value should impact only NPCs at this exact distance. With the delays, point times and #actors values, this might effectively disable head tracking and provide some insight:

fMaxPathLookAtPointDist=1.000
fMinPathLookAtPointDist=1.000

I tried setting both of those to that and messing with the values in multiple ways ingame with the "setini" command and the only thing that ever changed anything was the bDisableHeadTracking.

Edited by LiquidArrow

27 minutes ago, LiquidArrow said:

I tried setting both of those to that and messing with the values in multiple ways ingame with the "setini" command and the only thing that ever changed anything was the bDisableHeadTracking.

Yeah, you mentioned that you tested various settings, but I posted this thought anyway. Also keep in mind that the Starfield INIs don't work in an intuitive way or in the unintuitive ways of other Beth games ... it's a brand new unintuitive choreography of complexity seemingly done to frustrate people or as an afterthought to a poorly-conceived upstream design decision.

In short, your methods of setting the INI values could be due to those values not being implemented as expected rather than due to those settings not having any impact. I guess we'll learn more hopefully soon-ish.

I've yet to see this "modders paradise"

26 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Yeah, you mentioned that you tested various settings, but I posted this thought anyway. Also keep in mind that the Starfield INIs don't work in an intuitive way or in the unintuitive ways of other Beth games ... it's a brand new unintuitive choreography of complexity seemingly done to frustrate people or as an afterthought to a poorly-conceived upstream design decision.

In short, your methods of setting the INI values could be due to those values not being implemented as expected rather than due to those settings not having any impact. I guess we'll learn more hopefully soon-ish.

I've yet to see this "modders paradise"

Right and I have no idea how to dive in and see where this is happening or I would haha 

Thanks for the suggestion though! 

4 hours ago, LiquidArrow said:

IME using the console and setini only works for some things. A very large amount of things require a game restart.

Hey ! Thank you for all this !

I don't know how you datamined those files, but I just encountered an issue with keybinds for AZERTY users (As always in bethesda games). And I wonder if you could bring a file containing all the keybinds in game. When we edit the keybinds, they land in "ControlMap_Custom.txt" (located in Folders\My Games\Starfield). But there are not all the keybinds possible in game. Some are missing and so we can't modify them all. (For example the Targeting Control Systems, in space combats, is not present, so it is stuck in QWERTY... It is like you would have to press Q and D instead of A and D, not practical at all !)

Thank you for reading ;)

Setting 

[Menu]
bUseConsoleHotkeys=1

in your StarfieldCustom.ini will let the game load 'StarfieldConsole.ini' where you can put hotkeys for console commands, as well as [Macros] but things become a little trickier with that one, a hotkey example (in StarfieldConsole.ini)

[Hotkeys]
Ctrl-B=tgm;tcl;workshop

Pressing ctrl+b executes all 3 console commands 

2 hours ago, Lapig said:

Setting 

[Menu]
bUseConsoleHotkeys=1

in your StarfieldCustom.ini will let the game load 'StarfieldConsole.ini' where you can put hotkeys for console commands, as well as [Macros] but things become a little trickier with that one, a hotkey example (in StarfieldConsole.ini)

[Hotkeys]
Ctrl-B=tgm;tcl;workshop

Pressing ctrl+b executes all 3 console commands 

Oh wow! That's a great find! Kudos.