• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/8/2023 at 4:22 PM, Lapig said:

Setting 

[Menu]
bUseConsoleHotkeys=1

in your StarfieldCustom.ini will let the game load 'StarfieldConsole.ini' where you can put hotkeys for console commands, as well as [Macros] but things become a little trickier with that one, a hotkey example (in StarfieldConsole.ini)

[Hotkeys]
Ctrl-B=tgm;tcl;workshop

Pressing ctrl+b executes all 3 console commands 

Nice.

I wonder if there is a way with this to toggle the "hide/show Suit" option we have inside the Suit inventory section via console/hotkeys.

That would be nice, I usually leave that option to hide the suit, but sometimes I want it to be visible, and going into the menu every time is annoying

Edited by flep

OP updated. After significant investigation, I have removed many settings and added more. Removed settings are primarily Game Settings that were masquerading as INI settings by using the same setting:section format as INI settings do. I may need to make a separate topic to post the dump of all the game settings. Added settings include a handful I had missed previously. Also, all values now have known defaults.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 9:47 PM, DoubleYou said:

[...]

This was compiled from strings dumped from the executable, and the default values then retrieved using the getini console command.

getini "setting:section"

[...]

I found that the value returned by the getini command for rgba colors settings (prefixed 'a') is counter intuitive : the hex value returned is not in the classic format "rrggbbaa" but instead is like "aarrggbb".

But, when modifying these values in the INI, you need to put them in "r,g,b,a" format, and all the default value for such setting listed here are wrong because using (rrggbbaa)hex to (r,g,b,a)dec converter, whithout taking in account that the transparancy(a) is in front of the hex value.

For example, with the scanner, the filing color of a fully scanned flora is set by :

[Monocle]
aHighlightScannableFillColor_FullyScanned=32,39,198,132

This is indeed the converted rgba value from the hex 2027c684 returned by the getini if using the wrong converter
But if you put this in your StarfieldCustom.ini, the result color is a purpleish blue like ■■■ with half transparancy corresponding to "32,39,198,132" in rgba instead of the normal green ■■■ with eighth transparancy corresponding to "39,198,132,32"

I tested it for the scan highlight settings in the [Monocle] section but just by looking at the numbers, it seems the same for other sections containing 'a-' color settings like [Crafting], [Spaceship], [Workshop], ...

6 hours ago, DarkPlouc said:

I found that the value returned by the getini command for rgba colors settings (prefixed 'a') is counter intuitive : the hex value returned is not in the classic format "rrggbbaa" but instead is like "aarrggbb".

But, when modifying these values in the INI, you need to put them in "r,g,b,a" format, and all the default value for such setting listed here are wrong because using (rrggbbaa)hex to (r,g,b,a)dec converter, whithout taking in account that the transparancy(a) is in front of the hex value.

For example, with the scanner, the filing color of a fully scanned flora is set by :

[Monocle]
aHighlightScannableFillColor_FullyScanned=32,39,198,132

This is indeed the converted rgba value from the hex 2027c684 returned by the getini if using the wrong converter
But if you put this in your StarfieldCustom.ini, the result color is a purpleish blue like ■■■ with half transparancy corresponding to "32,39,198,132" in rgba instead of the normal green ■■■ with eighth transparancy corresponding to "39,198,132,32"

I tested it for the scan highlight settings in the [Monocle] section but just by looking at the numbers, it seems the same for other sections containing 'a-' color settings like [Crafting], [Spaceship], [Workshop], ...

Thanks for this information. I hadn't considered that possibility. 

On 9/4/2023 at 1:37 AM, flep said:

Did you made some tests with fFlightCameraFOV:FlightCamera setting?

I think this setting exist but isn't implemented / doing anything, at least not related to Ships

Could this possibly be for the vanity camera mode during ship flight? Holding Q while piloting will give you an external freely rotating camera.

On 10/9/2023 at 1:29 AM, horgin34 said:

Could this possibly be for the vanity camera mode during ship flight? Holding Q while piloting will give you an external freely rotating camera.

It's a game setting, not an ini setting. You can set it via console commmands.

• 2 months later...

With the newest beta 1.9.47.0 I have noticed new strings within the ultra.ini settings that must coincide with their patch notes about character lighting/contact shadows.  Under [ContactShadows]

*bLayeredSkinnedContactShadows=1  and  *bFirstPersonContactShadows=1  I feel these two are new as I didn't see them before in my original files.

The layeredskinned mark causes shadow errors on my character in the inventory screen.  But with these new additions I'm wondering if a new dump can be updated on the main page??  As there may be other new settings in the exe- I do not know how to dump them or I would on my own :(