Run DynDOLOD Section

DarkladyLexy

10 hours ago, DarkladyLexy said:

Hey guys, I was looking at your updated advice on DynDOLOD generation and noted you don't select the Parent>Child option, and I am curious as to the reason why?

It's because we haven't fully tested the performance impact yet. The current setting represents the DynDOLOD default prior to latest Alpha update.

I don't see any performance difference in/around Whiterun, but that doesn't mean there isn't, because my testing was limited, and I have a powerful rig.

22 hours ago, z929669 said:

It's because we haven't fully tested the performance impact yet. The current setting represents the DynDOLOD default prior to latest Alpha update.

I don't see any performance difference in/around Whiterun, but that doesn't mean there isn't, because my testing was limited, and I have a powerful rig.

The only impact I have seen is a longer generation time. 1hr 20mins with the option checked, 30mins without it uncheck

2 minutes ago, DarkladyLexy said:

The only impact I have seen is a longer generation time. 1hr 20mins with the option checked, 30mins without it uncheck

I didn't notice much difference, but I wasn't testing for that specifically. See if it helps to kill driver-soft processes via task manager first. I have AMD and I kill all processes that have 'AMD' in the label before running xLODGen, TexGen, and DynDOLOD. This reduces processing time for me by 5-10x.

Regardless, our recommendation is to use Child > Parent 'Low', since that's effectively what the settings have been historically. Even better if it speeds up processing time for some. We also use DynDOLOD DLL NG.

39 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I didn't notice much difference, but I wasn't testing for that specifically. See if it helps to kill driver-soft processes via task manager first. I have AMD and I kill all processes that have 'AMD' in the label before running xLODGen, TexGen, and DynDOLOD. This reduces processing time for me by 5-10x.

Regardless, our recommendation is to use Child > Parent 'Low', since that's effectively what the settings have been historically. Even better if it speeds up processing time for some. We also use DynDOLOD DLL NG.

yeah I've added DynDOLOD DLL NG and run Child > Parent 'Low'

Also I have a i5 10600K with a GTX 1080TI and 64GB 3600MHZ Ram