CTD after entering some cities - "Exception_Acces_Violation"

CacheCaille

Hello ! I've been following the guide the past few days and I'm at the point where I "benchmark" my game. I correctly change SSE Display Tweaks, I disabled A clear map of Skyrim and once I'm at Breezehome when I exit the house the game Crash to Desktop. I've tried the same start in others cities and in some it crashes and other it doesn't. I thought I correctly followed the STEP guide but I guess I didn't. Here is the crashlog https://pastebin.com/ta77hies . Also, I used LOOT just before launching the game, and used xEdit to clean when LOOT asked.

Thanks for any help. I'm quite confused right now as to what is making my game crash.

16 hours ago, CacheCaille said:

Hello ! I've been following the guide the past few days and I'm at the point where I "benchmark" my game. I correctly change SSE Display Tweaks, I disabled A clear map of Skyrim and once I'm at Breezehome when I exit the house the game Crash to Desktop. I've tried the same start in others cities and in some it crashes and other it doesn't. I thought I correctly followed the STEP guide but I guess I didn't. Here is the crashlog https://pastebin.com/ta77hies . Also, I used LOOT just before launching the game, and used xEdit to clean when LOOT asked.

Thanks for any help. I'm quite confused right now as to what is making my game crash.

As far as I can see, there is a problem with the texture "displaycase.dds". Check in MO2, using the "data" tab on the right side, then type in the search bar display.dds. It will tell you (probably in red lettering) from which mod this texture is. The one that works in MY set up, is the one from N-R HD Display Case. if it is from another mod, try moving your texture/mesh mods around until N-R HD Display Case is the one that is selected. Then try starting the game again.

Hope this helps.

12 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

As far as I can see, there is a problem with the texture "displaycase.dds". Check in MO2, using the "data" tab on the right side, then type in the search bar display.dds. It will tell you (probably in red lettering) from which mod this texture is. The one that works in MY set up, is the one from N-R HD Display Case. if it is from another mod, try moving your texture/mesh mods around until N-R HD Display Case is the one that is selected. Then try starting the game again.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the help ! I checked and the texture is indeed from the mod you said (in the data tab). So I tried to disable it and now I can enter whiterun (and the other cities too) ! I don't know why that texture was crashing my game even though it came from the same mod as in your setup. Anyway, many thanks, I can continue the guide. Have a good day !

19 minutes ago, CacheCaille said:

Thank you for the help ! I checked and the texture is indeed from the mod you said (in the data tab). So I tried to disable it and now I can enter whiterun (and the other cities too) ! I don't know why that texture was crashing my game even though it came from the same mod as in your setup. Anyway, many thanks, I can continue the guide. Have a good day !

I'm wondering now if it's the mesh using this texture, because I have never had any issue with this exact texture, nor has it been reported in the past to cause a CTD. Textures typically don't cause CTD.

Please re-enable that texture and filter Data tab using 'displaycase'. These are the sources for the meshes using that texture. Also be certain that the plugin for Particle Patch is disabled (set as an Optional Plugin in MO):

image.png

image.png