Updating from release v2.1.0

Juniperiia

Hi there,

Last year I installed the v2.1.0 of the modlist following the guide in october so very soon after original release. Since then I haven't updated (or for that matter even really played) skyrim. I started playing again recently and had a look at the website if there were any updates and there are. I have in fact found the new guide and it seems as I should be able to carry my save forward, but need to first update to follow the updates to the v2.1.0 guide and then update to v.2.2.0.

Now I'm not quite sure what specifically I should be doing I have found both changelists and the instructions to clean my savefiles, but am not sure if there are any specific things I should follow or be aware of.

Do I just install, uninstall or reinstall (with new settings) the mods following the changelogs or is there a specific order I should keep in mind or anything else that I need to look out for before attempting this?

Can I copy this MO2 instance to avoid breaking my original v2.1.0 version and patch safely from there?

I haven't found as detailed instructions as the original guide regarding updating so I'm imagining that it should be relatively easy compared to a fresh install and am essentially just looking to figure out if my understanding is correct or not.

I'm rather new to modding, and while I don't understand it fully closely following a detailed guide wasn't super complicated and rather just took some time, so with fewer resources I've found myself to be a little stumped ^^

1 hour ago, Juniperiia said:

Hi there,

Last year I installed the v2.1.0 of the modlist following the guide in october so very soon after original release. Since then I haven't updated (or for that matter even really played) skyrim. I started playing again recently and had a look at the website if there were any updates and there are. I have in fact found the new guide and it seems as I should be able to carry my save forward, but need to first update to follow the updates to the v2.1.0 guide and then update to v.2.2.0.

Now I'm not quite sure what specifically I should be doing I have found both changelists and the instructions to clean my savefiles, but am not sure if there are any specific things I should follow or be aware of.

Do I just install, uninstall or reinstall (with new settings) the mods following the changelogs or is there a specific order I should keep in mind or anything else that I need to look out for before attempting this?

Can I copy this MO2 instance to avoid breaking my original v2.1.0 version and patch safely from there?

I haven't found as detailed instructions as the original guide regarding updating so I'm imagining that it should be relatively easy compared to a fresh install and am essentially just looking to figure out if my understanding is correct or not.

I'm rather new to modding, and while I don't understand it fully closely following a detailed guide wasn't super complicated and rather just took some time, so with fewer resources I've found myself to be a little stumped ^^

This is explained in the 2.2.0 changelog. Please read that very carefully, as it has specific recommendations for upgrading from 2.1.0 with links to all necessary details.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

This is explained in the 2.2.0 changelog. Please read that very carefully, as it has specific recommendations for upgrading from 2.1.0 with links to all necessary details.

Oh I see I totally missed some of what is just detailed in the changelog, must've skimmed over too quickly.

Tho how do I go about copying this instance to keep a safe unchanged backup of the v.2.1.0 that I did last year to work on patching it separately

Cheers^^

June

4 minutes ago, Juniperiia said:

Oh I see I totally missed some of what is just detailed in the changelog, must've skimmed over too quickly.

Tho how do I go about copying this instance to keep a safe unchanged backup of the v.2.1.0 that I did last year to work on patching it separately

Cheers^^

June

This is explained in the link from creating an MO instance in the changelog

image.png