Oxygen Meter 2 (by Powerofthree & OsmosisWrench)

z929669

• 2 months later...

Sadly, in a second and third play session since installing this mod, it seems to be working only sporadically for me, meaning the oxygen meter sometimes doesn't show at all. The mod seems to reset itself into a working state through various conditions, like a save/reload, enter/exit an interior or enter/exit the fishing screen. The author calls it "a state where it's hiding itself when it should be showing itself, and showing itself (but with 100% transparency) when it should be hidden."

3 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

Sadly, in a second and third play session since installing this mod, it seems to be working only sporadically for me, meaning the oxygen meter sometimes doesn't show at all. The mod seems to reset itself into a working state through various conditions, like a save/reload, enter/exit an interior or enter/exit the fishing screen. The author calls it "a state where it's hiding itself when it should be showing itself, and showing itself (but with 100% transparency) when it should be hidden."

That's nearly a year ago as well. Oxygen Meter (1) never had this problem for you?

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

That's nearly a year ago as well. Oxygen Meter (1) never had this problem for you?

As far as i can recall, the original 'Oxygen Meter' worked consistently fine. But as i said, i installed this/ switched to 'Oxygen Meter 2' within the 2.2.0 setup, maybe within the 'Dear Diary' environment you are currently testing this behaves differently?

I'll switch back to the original and let you know if anything is not working right.

• +1 1

17 hours ago, CorneliusC said:

I have been using Oxygen Meter 2 for just about a year.  I've had the same experience as you.  Sometimes it shows when it should, sometimes it doesn't.

8 hours ago, Mousetick said:

FWIW I've never had a display issue with this mod, which I've always and only used with DDDM.

58 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

I have been using Oxygen Meter 2 for just about a year.  I've had the same experience as you.  Sometimes it shows when it should, sometimes it doesn't.

It's possible that it works without this issue under DDDM, since that mod has some tweaks.

image.png

UI mods for testing Step SSE 2.3 (from current 2.2.0). Infinity UI might also allow some options, but I can't confirm at this point:

image.png

7 hours ago, z929669 said:

It's possible that it works without this issue under DDDM, since that mod has some tweaks.

image.png

I have my own custom tweak file as well to move the oxygen meter above my Oblivion positioned health/magicka/stamina meter group.  Still, the oxygen meter periodically doesn't show under water.

image.thumb.png.56d3e6a3bee7f45c03219a23e628d359.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kattmandu said:

I have my own custom tweak file as well to move the oxygen meter above my Oblivion positioned health/magicka/stamina meter group.  Still, the oxygen meter periodically doesn't show under water.

Thanks. I was about to test this in the evening whether the sporadic visibility of the widget would be influenced by its positioning, which seems not to be the case at all. Do you play within the Step 2.2.0 Interface setup or with the 'Dear Diary Dark Mode' environment?

38 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

Thanks. I was about to test this in the evening whether the sporadic visibility of the widget would be influenced by its positioning, which seems not to be the case at all. Do you play within the Step 2.2.0 Interface setup or with the 'Dear Diary Dark Mode' environment?

I am not using DDDM, nor will I if STEP implements it into 2.3.0 as I don't care for it.  I am using the current STEP 2.2.0 setup but have installed SkyHUD and chose the Oblivion style preset during installation.  Also, I have installed the missing UI components update file.

image.thumb.png.a3f05480c80b497bd1ea1122be2ac40d.png

Edited by Kattmandu

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2023 at 7:26 AM, Kattmandu said:

I am not using DDDM, nor will I if STEP implements it into 2.3.0 as I don't care for it.  I am using the current STEP 2.2.0 setup but have installed SkyHUD and chose the Oblivion style preset during installation.  Also, I have installed the missing UI components update file.

image.thumb.png.a3f05480c80b497bd1ea1122be2ac40d.png

What exactly don't you like about DDDM? There's a ton of options, so I'd like to determine if what you don't like is inherent to this mod or if there's other options you prefer (and why if it's not obvious).

Since you are running an Oblivion-style present of SkyHUD, I assume you don't like vanilla either?

In summary, what DON'T you like about vanilla, SkyUI, and or DDDM, and what aspects DO you like about each?

EDIT: Never mind. I thought we'd had this discussion before, and I finally found your feedback on the Extended UI mod topic.

17 hours ago, z929669 said:

What exactly don't you like about DDDM? There's a ton of options, so I'd like to determine if what you don't like is inherent to this mod or if there's other options you prefer (and why if it's not obvious).

Since you are running an Oblivion-style present of SkyHUD, I assume you don't like vanilla either?

In summary, what DON'T you like about vanilla, SkyUI, and or DDDM, and what aspects DO you like about each?

EDIT: Never mind. I thought we'd had this discussion before, and I finally found your feedback on the Extended UI mod topic.

Once STEP v2.3.0 is released, I'll give it a try to see the STEP recommended settings.  But yes, I prefer the look of the vanilla menus.  I do prefer the Oblivion style HUD over vanilla though.  I like having the quest tracker at the bottom and the H/M/S meters off to the lower left.  I enjoy a more modern HUD but I haven't really seen any new menu styles that I like better than vanilla (well, SkyUI technically, not vanilla).

EDIT:  I actually like the look of the Nordic UI more than DDDM but still prefer vanilla SkyUI over both.

Edited by Kattmandu
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Version compatible with latest runtime: Oxygen Meter 2 - 1130-1170 Updated DLL (not standalone, requires and overwrites this mod)

Mod has been officially updated: enhancements and fixes, compatible with latest runtime.

Spoiler

Version 1.0.6
Added the ability to recolour the oxygen meter bar.
Added a flashing effect that by default shows at 50% oxygen remaining. This effect can be disabled or have it's colour changed.
Renamed oxygenmeter.swf to oxygenmeter2.swf because of the changes, to prevent old reskins from overwriting and causing weird issues. Reskins for the meter will need to be remade.
Merge pull request #5 from mrgrim/visibilityfix - An attempt at robust visibility management. Seems to fix a lot of edge cases with the meter getting into weird states.
Added support for 1.6.1170
Added a backport for 1.5.97
Changed name of ingame menu from OxygenMeter to OxygenMeter2
Changed name of swf from OxygenMeter.swf to OxygenMeter2.swf
Changed name of ini to OxygenMeter2.ini