Mod Organizer 2 mods not showing up in game.

JPatt0n

Question

I have two instances of MO2, both are global and both are installed in the default appdata local data location. One instance is Fallout 3 which works fine, all mods I install show up in game. the other instance is New Vegas and nothing I install shows up in game. For example, I have a loading screen replacer and the NMC texture pack installed, in fact those are the only two mods I have installed, I just chose those mods because I know both change the loading and main screen, this way, I would know as soon as I launch the game if the mods are working or not. All paths for both games are the default location, yet one works and the other doesn't. One difference is that New Vegas is an Epic game and Fallout 3 is a Steam game, that's the only significant difference I can't think of. Any help would be appreciated, this has been driving me nuts. I've tried running FNV in compatibility mode (Windows 8) running everything as admin including mod organizer and the game itself, temporarily shutting down both the antivirus and firewall, nothing is working.

3 answers to this question

1 hour ago, JPatt0n said:

I have two instances of MO2, both are global and both are installed in the default appdata local data location.

It sounds like you are using two separate "Global instances" as a portable install. With a Global Instance you should be switching the game with the "Instance manager", the top left icon or From the File menu "Manage Instances" menu item. Am I correct in my assumption?

Have you tried searching online? It only takes a few minutes and a little reading/viewing effort.

Google search link: https://www.google.com/search?q=fallout+new+vegas+epic+mod+organizer+2

Interesting results at first glance:

The Microsoft Store and Epic Games Store versions of the game are unsupported:
The Epic Games Store version can be patched to support xNVSE, but Epic's DRM makes it impossible to use Mod Organizer.
If you know how, you can use Vortex instead, but this configuration is not supported by us.

There are also video guides/tutorials on Youtube.

1 hour ago, JaneWong said:

All paths for both games are the default location, yet one works and the other doesn't. One difference is that New Vegas is an Epic game and Fallout 3 is a Steam game, that's the only significant difference I can't think of. Any help would be appreciated, this has been driving me nuts. I've tried running FNV in compatibility mode (Windows 8) running everything as admin including mod organizer and the game itself, temporarily shutting down both the antivirus and firewall, nothing is working.

But the Steam version if you want to mod the game.