Sound Propagation Overhaul

NiennaNenmacil

Sound Propagation Overhaul by rohverK

This is a very new sound mod that I think fits with STEP pretty well. It doesn't change or replace any of the vanilla sounds (though it does use some previously unused sound files), it just changes the way sounds are played. It increases the radius at which you can hear certain sounds, and generally increases the volume across the board. It also alters footstep sounds to play effects according to what armor you are wearing and what ground you are walking on.

is a link to Brodual's video previewing the mod, which is also embedded in the mod description.

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering, is there something still holding this back? I've been using this lately, and I've found that it's an improvement over many of the sound mods already included in STEP, with the advantage of it all being in one esp.

The nice thing about Footsteps (in theory) is that you should be able to get rid of some other mods like Horse Steps, Clanking armor and Better Animal Sounds dropping a couple of net ESP slots in the process. This might not matter to pure STEP (only) but if you add a bunch of other mods and compatibility patches on top of it it could help stay under 255.

The ability to customize different sound levels from the menu with a slider is a definite plus. I don't use Clanking Armor because it is just to loud, and often the sounds don't match some of the custom armors which I'm assuming most people use, STEP or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm assuming this mod does not conflict with Sounds of Skyrim or COT-sounds since it only alters vanilla sounds?

It does. SoS has patches available for .951 but not for the latest beta yet, but that one has some large issues for me atleast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The main issue I have with the new betarelease (apart from it being changed from 1esp to 6esp which is just personal opinion that it blows) was voices not coming from "where they should" and in general being very quiet. Don't remember what the comp. patch fixed for 0.951 really as I only tried it for a short while. Do plan on using the mod eventually however.