Extended UI (by MrJack)

z929669

23 hours ago, Kattmandu said:

I'm giving the warm version of DDDM a try.  I'm attempting to force myself to like it. :bat:  But there's aspects of the vanilla SkyUI that I like better.  I did just install CNO and the patch to make it work with DDDM and really like what CNO does.  There's also a RaceMenu patcher for DDDM which requires the installation of DIP in order to create the patch.

Oh, and the mod author of CNO has apparently made it compatible with CoMAP 4.0 so the DLL workaround is no longer needed.

image.thumb.png.3a363124689c8257258dec48fe35a44f.png

Can you provide more info on what you do/don't prefer between DDDM and standard SkyUI?

If you installed CNO, did you also install Infinity UI? (I get CTD otherwise)

Did you install the DDDM-CNO Updated Patch? (CNO shows no icons for me without it, and the elevation indicator is bugged out and all distances are locked to 100 m, too) - This mod is not accounting for the updated CNO (with COMAP 4.0 fixed compatibility) .... you can test best by using "tmm 1" (without quotes) in the console.

Just now, z929669 said:

Can you provide more info on what you do/don't prefer between DDDM and standard SkyUI?

If you installed CNO, did you also install Infinity UI? (I get CTD otherwise)

Did you install the DDDM-CNO Updated Patch? (CNO shows no icons for me without it, and the elevation indicator is bugged out and all distances are locked to 100 m, too) - This mod is not accounting for the updated CNO (with COMAP 4.0 fixed compatibility) .... you can test best by using "tmm 1" (without quotes) in the console.

I just prefer the vanilla/SkyUI look over the DDDM look.  DDDM isn't terrible by any means, just personal preference that may be changed over time getting used to it.  DDDM does incorporate a lot of other mods into it however so I can understand why people would want to use it, including the STEP guide (less mods to install and maintain).

Yes, I did install Infinty UI since CNO lists it as a required mod on their page.

Yes, I also installed DDDM - CNO Updated Patch as well.  I was experiencing the same missing markers in the compass without it so I searched for a patch.  Not really certain about the compatibility of the patch with CoMAP 4.0, I was just referring to the comment made by the mod author of CNO.  So the patch needs to be updated then, eh?

7 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

I just prefer the vanilla/SkyUI look over the DDDM look.  DDDM isn't terrible by any means, just personal preference that may be changed over time getting used to it.  DDDM does incorporate a lot of other mods into it however so I can understand why people would want to use it, including the STEP guide (less mods to install and maintain).

Well, not really, since DDDM with all options adds even more ancillary mods into the mix. Still TBD though, as some of those options are likely not wanted/needed for Step (e.g., UIExtensions required by sheel menu, which is likely redundant for PC users. I'd like more input from everyone on that one as indicated in the DDDM OP

7 minutes ago, Kattmandu said:

Yes, I also installed DDDM - CNO Updated Patch as well.  I was experiencing the same missing markers in the compass without it so I searched for a patch.  Not really certain about the compatibility of the patch with CoMAP 4.0, I was just referring to the comment made by the mod author of CNO.  So the patch needs to be updated then, eh?

This isn't the patch's problem, I don't think. It's probably a DDDM problem, although the CNO MA could possibly create a DDDM patch.

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2023 at 5:32 AM, Mousetick said:

Yes indeed, this would work. It is primordial that the user create a new MO2 instance from scratch and not reuse an existing one in order to guarantee a 'pristine' ModOrganizer.ini with all the correct default BSA Extractor settings and dialog choices. Otherwise, all bets are off.

This is the result of you previously choosing 'No' and ticking 'Remember selection' in the BSA Extractor dialog:

image.png

(I just tested it and looked at the changes in ModOrganizer.ini, that's how I found out)

If you go to Tools > Settings > General > Reset Dialog Choices, that INI section gets removed:

image.png

Edit: It may be wise to revise https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.2.0#Mod_Organizer_-_SkyrimSE_Initialization and make it super-clear that the user MUST create a new instance from scratch. The first paragraph in particular is a little ambiguous and may be prone to confusion or error (emphasis added):

So to wrap this up after confirming so that I can refer back if I forget:

Ticking "Remember selection" in the unpack BSA dialog "Reset Dialog Choices" in Settings > General causes the following section and all values under it to be removed from Modorganizer.ini:

[DialogChoices]

Ticking "Remember selection" in the unpack BSA dialog recreates this section in the INI and/or adds the following line based on the 'Yes'/'No' choice, so Furthermore, the only entry that concerns BSA extraction 'rememberance' is:

[DialogChoices]
unpackBSA=65536 ; (65536 = No/false and 16384 = Yes/true)

Removing the unpackBSA line effectively causes MO to prompt for BSA extraction if and only if the mod is not for the current MO game instance (e.g., because this is an LE mod being used under and SE MO instance). If the mod is identified as current MO game instance compatible, the user is not prompted, and the BSA will not be extracted by MO (in the case of an SE mod with BSA). This is where the other setting comes into play --> MO Settings > Plugins > BSA Extractor > only_alternate_source (true/false) ... If 'true' (default), only mods sourced for foreign game instances that also have a BSA will be prompted for extraction (or extract by default if unpackBSA=16384 in MO INI)

Conveniently, I believe the default behavior is to ONLY prompt for extraction of foreign-game BSAs. Nevertheless, we can add a note to the nod installation instructions that "if BSA extraction is not prompted, delete this line from the MO INI and ensure only_alternate_source=true".

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

Ticking "Remember selection" in the unpack BSA dialog causes the following section and all values under it to be removed from Modorganizer.ini:

Not quite. Ticking "Remember selection" causes entries to be added under [DialogChoices] in Modorganizer.ini.

Settings > General > Reset Dialog Choices causes the [DialogChoices] section and all values under it to be removed.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

Conveniently, I believe the default behavior is to ONLY prompt for extraction of foreign-game BSAs.

I believe so too.

3 hours ago, Mousetick said:

Not quite. Ticking "Remember selection" causes entries to be added under [DialogChoices] in Modorganizer.ini.

Settings > General > Reset Dialog Choices causes the [DialogChoices] section and all values under it to be removed.

I believe so too.

Correct. I conflated "Remember selection" with Reset Dialog Choices" ... thanks for catching that!