Plate Glitch - Has this been patched?

OP maybe referring to plates vibrating constantly because of Havok physics.

There's a mod that's supposed to address the issue: Twitching Plates Fix (by AndrealphusVIII). It's kind of a brute-force hack. It modifies the base record of every plate and pot to attach a Papyrus script that disables Havok on load of the object. Every reference, vanilla or mod-added, gets the script. It's not as bad as CACO, which attaches a script to every harvestable plant, as there are fewer plates in the game than there are mountain flowers for example, but it's something to be aware of. It contributes to so-called "save bloat" where the save file gets progressively bigger and saving/loading takes more time. As the player visits more places/cells, the game needs to keep track of new script instances. Not a big issue typically in vanilla(+) but it gets worse on heavily modded games.

USSEP fixes the Havok twitching of specific references for specific objects in the game. The mod above fixes the twitching of every plate/pot in the game, whether they actually need it or not, which is overkill.

It's an issue that I don't think can be 100% fixed without redoing all the collision in the game to be perfect. I know what script that is being referenced and I've used it myself. Just like "disable havok" flags don't always work, neither does that script. I've put it on several things that refused to stay still, but still moved. 

19 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

You're going to need to describe the bug better than that. 

Oh, my bad. I've never tried this exploit, so I don't know if it actually works, but according to a bunch of YouTube guides I've watched, it appears that if a player holds a plate or any type of platter in front of a wall or inaccessible area, and then attempts to run through the plate, the end result is that the player ends up running through the wall/door/whatever and ends up on the other side. Here's a few links to what I'm referring to:

• 2 months later...

This twitching plates bug will on google lead you to "capping your framerate at 60fps" but in reality, it always happens. My game is running at 60fps, locked and vsynced using the ingame vsync, and I still have the issue. The twitching only seems to occur when there's something on the plates. The objects keep colliding with each other causing them to constantly vibrate each other. The only way to temporarily fix it is by moving one of the items up and down manually, so that this cycle of the two objects moving each other stops. The collision issues can never be fixed unless someone very talented can replace the physics engine implementation with something more precise and less buggy. The way Havok is implemented is the reason physics will always be somewhat borked in this game. Remember that Skyrim is a very old game now.

Edited by notcyf