Soft Shadows (by Doodlezoid)

Kattmandu

• 3 weeks later...

Running around in game in overcast weather during the day, I haven't noticed anything unusual with shadows overall. Shadows/shading in exteriors to me look as good as can be expected, so given that this mod's impact is subtle and generally improves the 'feel' of realism in exterior, overcast weathers, I vote to accept it.

1 hour ago, duy123a said:

Have test it with STEP, working fine. The shadow becomes softer in cloudy sky and become normal when clear sky.

Yes, that's the idea of this mod, and it's a good one. I simply haven't created a savegame to test exterior shadows under overcast/clear weathers with and without this mod yet. The Nexus mod page illustrates the effect, but I wanted to see for myself with our setup.

That said, I am 90%+ certain that this mod will result in an improvement and tentatively support us using it.

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, CorneliusC said:

This mod has been updated today:

"2.0 rework

- Removed everything related to ENB.
- Fixed sunlight balance via RE from Community Shaders.
- Added sunrise/sunset softness.
- Softened interior shadows."

Can you let us know if the changes impact Step ENB users versus non-ENB users? The concern would be reliance on Community Shaders or otherwise incompatibility with ENB.

25 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Can you let us know if the changes impact Step ENB users versus non-ENB users? The concern would be reliance on Community Shaders or otherwise incompatibility with ENB.

After updating this, a quick in-game check seems to have no discernable visual differences, i am not using any ENB and/or the STEP post-processing section. There seems to be no reliance on the 'Community Shaders' (which i haven't installed), the only requirement is still 'Address Library'. The 'removal of everything related to ENB' means "no enb menu or tod controls" according to the author. The mod still has it's customizable INI file.

• Thanks 1