DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 182

sheson

2 hours ago, BASARA said:

Hello Sheson, after I updated from Alpha-95 to Alpha-97, the mountain lod isn't the same. I use Majestic Mountain with Enhanced Landscape together, and the mountain lod under Alpha-95 is as below:

https://imgur.com/KeyOiGY

But with Alpha-97, the lod is like this:

https://imgur.com/Z1N6MN7

I tried Alpha-97 but the result is just like the one in Alpha-98. I guess this difference is due to some changes in Alpha-96, 97 and 98, but I don't quite understand the basic logic though.

the log of Alpha-98 is attached. Some repeat warning that never showed up in Alpha-95 are

"[03:40] <Warning: Duplicate reference ignored for LOD. Enhanced Landscapes.esp [REFR:0800145C] (places MountainCliff02_HeavySN [STAT:000201F7] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009B11] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -4,-11)) adds same model at same position, rotation and scale as Enhanced Landscapes.esp [REFR:0800145B] (places MountainCliff02_HeavySN [STAT:000201F7] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of [CELL:00009B11] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -4,-11))>"

I do love the change on grass lod with the enb effect, and I also love the mountain lod with enhanced landscapes. please do help me to find a way to keep both, thank you!

DynDOLOD_SSE_log - Alpha-98.txt 917.66 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log - Alpha-95.txt 69.04 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post which debug log to upload when making posts.

Explain what you mean by "looks like this" and what we are supposed to look for in the screenshots. Do you mean the LOD snow shader cover? Does it seem too dark or too bright or just too much more?

What is important is that the LOD matches the full models as good as possible (which is nearly impossible with snow shaders anyways), so LOD looking a bit different than before is not necessarily bad.

The difference is most likely because of ..\textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslabhqlod_n.dds being now updated from the full textures by TexGen.

Before it used the texture that I included in the DynDOLOD 3 LOD pack for MM which seems "flatter". Try this:

Edit ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_majesticmountains_landscapeesm.txt in notepad.

Change the 8 lines containing mountainslab02.dds to mountainslab01.dds, then run TexGen sitched object LOD textures generation, install the output, test in game. See if you like that better. No need to run DynDOLOD. The LOD uses the texture directly.

Maybe other people using MM (also with other texture mods) can make suggestion which one should be the default.

Hello sheson,

I am once again looking for assistance with LOD overlapping loaded large reference models. This time I'm having problems with Obscure's College of Winterhold. The issue seems to affect all or almost all of the references OCW places in the cell 28, 27. Naturally they aren't large references by default, but have been made such in my game (with the usual script). Some examples are:
xx4e43d1
xx4e43d3
xx4e43ce
xx4e43cb
xx4e43c4

Looking at things in xEdit I noticed that DynDOLOD.esm replaces the base objects in the equivalent vanilla references with ones that have had the Has Distand LOD flag removed. I was wondering if this is relevant and whether I should do a similar thing to the OCW references that replace the vanilla ones?

Anyway, here are the usual logs: https://mega.nz/file/YT8xjbxD#EYzt1jNYLf2Na8Mu0JakqCRR8z9MBthBe739G1HJa14

Additionally, the first 3 or 4 times I started TexGen after updating to Alpha 98 I got a Duplicates Not Allowed error. I haven't been able to replicate this since, but I thought I'd share the logs for that too: https://mega.nz/file/cGdUDIib#WmOyEAiQg4AQaJERJHVG-qR1qIr-0iGNK7ELkl7c2GE

Edited by Blackread

1 hour ago, Blackread said:

Hello sheson,

I am once again looking for assistance with LOD overlapping loaded large reference models. This time I'm having problems with Obscure's College of Winterhold. The issue seems to affect all or almost all of the references OCW places in the cell 28, 27. Naturally they aren't large references by default, but have been made such in my game (with the usual script). Some examples are:
xx4e43d1
xx4e43d3
xx4e43ce
xx4e43cb
xx4e43c4

Looking at things in xEdit I noticed that DynDOLOD.esm replaces the base objects in the equivalent vanilla references with ones that have had the Has Distand LOD flag removed. I was wondering if this is relevant and whether I should do a similar thing to the OCW references that replace the vanilla ones?

Anyway, here are the usual logs: https://mega.nz/file/YT8xjbxD#EYzt1jNYLf2Na8Mu0JakqCRR8z9MBthBe739G1HJa14

Additionally, the first 3 or 4 times I started TexGen after updating to Alpha 98 I got a Duplicates Not Allowed error. I haven't been able to replicate this since, but I thought I'd share the logs for that too: https://mega.nz/file/cGdUDIib#WmOyEAiQg4AQaJERJHVG-qR1qIr-0iGNK7ELkl7c2GE

This may actually be happening because I (somewhat accidentally/intentionally) removed the manual large ref fix patch (delete large ref, add a normal ref instead) for the vanilla winterhold bridge entrance to test the large reference workarounds.

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds and let me know if doing the WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs=1 together with the updated scripts gets rid of the flicker  without doing anything else.

I will still look at the logs and into the case some time tomorrow to determine the actual cause of what triggers the large ref bugs.

I have a quick question regarding the alpha channel threshold  in SSE when not using billboards (I'm using level 0, level 1, level 2, billboard 6 for my trees rule).  I tried to research it but kept getting 'bad links' so I figured it would be best to ask here.  For billboards, I had my TreeMSAlphaThreshold=174 but I'm not sure where to make the change when using levels.  To cut down on the blotchiness of my tree LODs, should I be changing the SSAlphaThreshold?  The default is 128 and I was thinking of moving it up to about 150 as a starting point to see how they look.  When changing it for billboards, I know increments of 10 were difficult to notice the difference so I'm hoping someone can help me out here to save me from having to regenerate LODs several times and/or changing the wrong values.  Thanks.

1 hour ago, BrotherShamus said:

I have a quick question regarding the alpha channel threshold  in SSE when not using billboards (I'm using level 0, level 1, level 2, billboard 6 for my trees rule).  I tried to research it but kept getting 'bad links' so I figured it would be best to ask here.  For billboards, I had my TreeMSAlphaThreshold=174 but I'm not sure where to make the change when using levels.  To cut down on the blotchiness of my tree LODs, should I be changing the SSAlphaThreshold?  The default is 128 and I was thinking of moving it up to about 150 as a starting point to see how they look.  When changing it for billboards, I know increments of 10 were difficult to notice the difference so I'm hoping someone can help me out here to save me from having to regenerate LODs several times and/or changing the wrong values.  Thanks.

There are no different object LOD textures or LOD billboard textures for the different object LOD levels. LOD models/billboards always use the same textures regardless of the object LOD level the model/billboard ends up being used for. All object LOD levels use the same object LOD texture atlas or direct textures.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

There are no different object LOD textures or LOD billboard textures for the different object LOD levels. LOD models/billboards always use the same textures regardless of the object LOD level the model/billboard ends up being used for. All object LOD levels use the same object LOD texture atlas or direct textures.

Thank you for the clarification!

I've been having an issue with TexGen. Every time I run it, I get this:

Error: OpenGL: invalid operation while processing textures\dungeons\dwemerruins\DweMetalTiles01_n.dds.

But it's a different texture every time. Does anyone know what is causing this? My GPU's drivers are up-to-date.
I've narrowed the problem down to when I select the "Rendered Object LOD Textures" option. If I don't select that, TexGen runs perfectly fine.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

bugreport.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Looks like Beyond Skyrim: Bruma is missing some textures, however, I didn''t had this error even before the updates, any idea of how to fix it? I tried to make a placebo file and didn't work lol.
Textures/bscyrodiil/architecture/farmhouse/
cyrodiilfarmstucco02.dds

I mean, everything was fine before the updates wtf :/

Edited by Finix111

5 hours ago, Xavkas said:

I've been having an issue with TexGen. Every time I run it, I get this:

Error: OpenGL: invalid operation while processing textures\dungeons\dwemerruins\DweMetalTiles01_n.dds.

But it's a different texture every time. Does anyone know what is causing this? My GPU's drivers are up-to-date.
I've narrowed the problem down to when I select the "Rendered Object LOD Textures" option. If I don't select that, TexGen runs perfectly fine.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

bugreport.txt 49.46 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 2.38 MB · 0 downloads

As reported before, the latest optional drivers from AMD still seem to have problems regarding OpenGL. Use Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL)

5 hours ago, Finix111 said:

Looks like Beyond Skyrim: Bruma is missing some textures, however, I didn''t had this error even before the updates, any idea of how to fix it? I tried to make a placebo file and didn't work lol.
Textures/bscyrodiil/architecture/farmhouse/
cyrodiilfarmstucco02.dds

I mean, everything was fine before the updates wtf :/

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

This has most likely nothing to do with Beyond Skyrim - Bruma SE but to do with using an older version of Beyond Reach.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

This may actually be happening because I (somewhat accidentally/intentionally) removed the manual large ref fix patch (delete large ref, add a normal ref instead) for the vanilla winterhold bridge entrance to test the large reference workarounds.

See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds and let me know if doing the WorkaroundLargeReferencesBugs=1 together with the updated scripts gets rid of the flicker  without doing anything else.

I will still look at the logs and into the case some time tomorrow to determine the actual cause of what triggers the large ref bugs.

Using the workaround got rid of the issue. I found the workarounds guide a bit confusing though. It says that the advanced mode has a new checkbox Downgrade FarGrid references to NearGrid which is necessary without the workarounds, but it's available only when enabling the workarounds. Does that mean that if the workarounds are disabled the checkbox is always selected but hidden?

Hi,

I'm back to this same issue, Alpha 95 no problems, I switched over now to Alpha98 and the same issues, no grass/trees in the distance.

I'm using  DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 Alpha-28 (Mega) for Skyrim SE/Skyrim VR/Enderal SE with Alpha 98.

My Setup is 100% correct/fine, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, I've been using this same setup for around 6-8 months without any problems till now.

I'm certainly not a pro like Shenson, but I've been modding in SSE for 2 years, so please, let's not start bickering back and forth how it's my setup, because it's not, and I'd like to figure it out so I can use the latest Alpha, rather then getting blamed I'm screwing up.

As I said before, if I'm screwing up, then nothing is going to work, and Alpha95 works just fine, you can't have one work, and the other one not work, I don't see it happening like this.

Please be aware, that the below changes I made, are the only changes I made between Alpha95 and Alpha98.

These are the only changes I made in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini;

GrassGID=gid

; grass LOD brightness multipliers - applied to grass LOD billboards created from "normal" grass without normal map textures
GrassBrightnessTopR=1.0
GrassBrightnessTopG=1.0
GrassBrightnessTopB=1.0
; make bottom darker to fake shadowing
GrassBrightnessBottomR=1.0
GrassBrightnessBottomG=1.0
GrassBrightnessBottomB=1.0
	; complex grass LOD brightness multipliers - applied to grass LOD billboards created from "complex" grass with normal map textures
ComplexGrassBrightnessTopR=0.500

I also have ENB Complex Grass installed for Folkvangr  and Origins of Forest and I had them installed when I created my grass cache.

These are the xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD settings I'm using off of the Guide here.

XLODGen LOD32 — Freeimage.host - Previous settings, there was no mipmap and it had Default Size diffuse and normal?

TexGen 2.1.0 QHD — Freeimage.host - Previous TexGen, I didn't use Complex Grass - Complex Grass was also not installed when creating the grass cache.

DynDOLOD 2.1.0 QHD — Freeimage.host - I used instead for tree LOD4/Level0 LOD8/Level0 LOD16/Level1

THANKS

Edited by mooit

37 minutes ago, Blackread said:

Using the workaround got rid of the issue. I found the workarounds guide a bit confusing though. It says that the advanced mode has a new checkbox Downgrade FarGrid references to NearGrid which is necessary without the workarounds, but it's available only when enabling the workarounds. Does that mean that if the workarounds are disabled the checkbox is always selected but hidden?

Correct, since that downgrading is necessary when not using the workarounds it is not an available option but always enforced.

The checkbox is hidden while the workarounds are experimental. If we determine the workarounds are working and safe to use (especially for large load orders) they will become the default option.

I forgot to mention, ever since I reported this problem, if anyone remembers how long that was, I looked for the original posts, they were moved/removed.

For this long, I've been running over, probably 20-30 times xLODGen beta 94 and DynDOLOD Alpha95 playing around with different mods and tweaking and never once did I run into any problems as I've been playing and testing, until now again with Alpha98 giving me a problem.

Please believe me when I say, I know my setup is fine, otherwise how could I run DynDOLOD Alpha95 20-30 times without problems, but every time I just try a new version, this problem happens.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

53 minutes ago, mooit said:

Hi,

I'm back to this same issue, Alpha 95 no problems, I switched over now to Alpha98 and the same issues, no grass/trees in the distance.

My Setup is 100% correct/fine, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, I've been using this same setup for around 6-8 months without any problems till now.

I'm certainly not a pro like Shenson, but I've been modding in SSE for 2 years, so please, let's not start bickering back and forth how it's my setup, because it's not, and I'd like to figure it out so I can use the latest Alpha, rather then getting blamed I'm screwing up.

As I said before, if I'm screwing up, then nothing is going to work, and Alpha95 works just fine, you can't have one work, and the other one not work, I don't see it happening like this.

These are the only changes I made in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini;

GrassGID=gid

; grass LOD brightness multipliers - applied to grass LOD billboards created from "normal" grass without normal map textures
GrassBrightnessTopR=1.0
GrassBrightnessTopG=1.0
GrassBrightnessTopB=1.0
GrassBrightnessBottomR=1.0
GrassBrightnessBottomG=1.0
GrassBrightnessBottomB=1.0
	; complex grass LOD brightness multipliers - applied to grass LOD billboards created from "complex" grass with normal map textures

I also have ENB Complex Grass installed for Folkvangr  and Origins of Forest and I had them installed when I created my grass cache.

These are the xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD settings I'm using off of the Guide here.

XLODGen LOD32 — Freeimage.host - Previous settings, there was no mipmap and it had Default Size diffuse and normal?

TexGen 2.1.0 QHD — Freeimage.host - Previous TexGen, I didn't use Complex Grass - Complex Grass was also not installed when creating the grass cache.

https://freeimage.host/i/sq5y5N - I used instead for tree LOD4/Level0 LOD8/Level0 LOD16/Level1

THANKS

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

You did not post an in-game screenshot, so it is unclear if tree/grass LOD is not part of the object LOD meshes or if the entire object LOD is missing.

Test with a new game.
Test new game without the terrain LOD meshes from xLODGen enabled. They should be irrelevant. (Unrelated:  there is no need to check mipmaps for normals, the game only makes use of mipmaps for LOD level 4 diffuse terrain textures), 2k for the map textures seems high, default size can be really low to conserve video memory)
Test new game without the DynDOLOD, Occlusion plugins active, just the meshes/textures output.

44 minutes ago, mooit said:

I forgot to mention, ever since I reported this problem, if anyone remembers how long that was, I looked for the original posts, they were moved/removed.

For this long, I've been running over, probably 20-30 times xLODGen beta 94 and DynDOLOD Alpha95 playing around with different mods and tweaking and never once did I run into any problems as I've been playing and testing, until now again with Alpha98 giving me a problem.

Please believe me when I say, I know my setup is fine, otherwise how could I run DynDOLOD Alpha95 20-30 times without problems, but every time I just try a new version, this problem happens.

THANKS

AFAIK no posts are removed, there seems to be a problem with search, though. Older posts seem not to be indexed right now.

I suggested to test without the plugins already, never heard back about the result. I also reported that the LOD files  you uploaded work perfectly fine here.