DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 182

sheson

52 minutes ago, ricojumpy said:

Sorry about RTFM.

Here is the debug if ever it is relevant.

Test these things:

I suggest to use the Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL) and not any of the optional newer drivers that still seem to contain OpenGL bugs as discussed in this thread recently.

Stop/Uninstall other crapware from AMD that gets installed with the driver, like the AMD's Radeon Software. It caused slow down problems before.

Might have found something else in windows events log :

Description: A .NET application failed.
Application: LODGenWin.exe
Path: C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenWin.exe
Message: The required library C:\Program Files (x86)\dotnet\host\fxr\3.1.8\hostfxr.dll does not support single-file apps.
  _ To run this application, you need to install a newer version of .NET Core.

As for the drivers, not sure what we can do.
Users do use the Radeon Software, there is not really a way to avoid that.
Running a test with updated .net routines.

Edited by ricojumpy

54 minutes ago, ricojumpy said:

Might have found something else in windows events log :

LODGenWin.exe was never used or accessed in this generation process of the logs you uploaded. You started the x64 version of the tools. If anything it uses LODGenx64Win.exe and testing it at the start of DynDOLOD passed without problem.

External: C:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64Win.exe, Version: 3.0.9.0, Date: 2022-05-18 08:00:00

As for the drivers, not sure what we can do.

As explained install the Adrenalin 22.5.1 Recommended (WHQL) and not one of the versions that are not recommended.

Users do use the Radeon Software, there is not really a way to avoid that.

https://www.google.com/search?q=install+AMD+drivers+without+radeon+software

There might be an option to disable whatever "optimization" it is trying to do that caused the reported problems.

--> Well, that got better as Dyndolod began generating meshes for Tamriel but it silently quit as it did so, leaving only a command window updating the lod that close once it finished and dyndolod stayed closed (and indeed, it looks like adrenalin software froze).

I will try 22.5.1 later.
Removing Radeon Software is like removing your driving wheel to me or at least the assisted direction, I won't do that.
Thanks for trying to find a solution ! Will try to get a bit of fresh air and everything will magically work later.

Edited by ricojumpy

42 minutes ago, ricojumpy said:

--> Well, that got better as Dyndolod began generating meshes for Tamriel but it silently quit as it did so, leaving only a command window updating the lod that close once it finished and dyndolod stayed closed (and indeed, it looks like adrenalin software froze).

I will try 22.5.1 later.
Removing Radeon Software is like removing your driving wheel to me. Nope.
Thanks for trying to find a solution ! Will try to get a bit of fresh air and everything will magically work later.

The drivers are all that are required. You can uninstall crapware, test if there are any changes in behavior and then install it again if so desired. Or use a restore point if that seems more convenient.

Maybe it has an option to disable any "optimizations" it promises to do.

I will try that.

Found a weird thing with Texture conversion command-line tool being in suspended state in task manager too when I left for a while to look for my dog.

Couldn't find the dog and dyndolod got stuck. Looks like a multi pronged computer stuff porcupine designed by architects to make you go crazy.

Screenshot 2022-08-19 163455.png

1 hour ago, ricojumpy said:

I will try that.

Found a weird thing with Texture conversion command-line tool being in suspended state in task manager too when I left for a while to look for my dog.

Couldn't find the dog and dyndolod got stuck. Looks like a multi pronged computer stuff porcupine designed by architects to make you go crazy.

Screenshot 2022-08-19 163455.png

Texconv uses directx to convert textures. Maybe there is a problem or it can read/write textures files.

DynDOLOD will wait for Texconv to complete. If you kill Texconv via task manager, DynDOLOD should continue with an related error.

After running DynDOLOD it reported several overwritten large references in the newest 3.0 version of Alternate Perspective, but when I went to check in xEdit, some of the overwritten references hadn't been edited by anything. Here's a list of all the false positives:

Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000C2C90] (places FXMistLow01Long [MSTT:0007776F] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))
Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000C2CAE] (places FXMistLow01Long [MSTT:0007776F] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))
Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000C3B92] (places BurntRubble04 [STAT:000C2CB5] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))
Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000C3BAB] (places FXfireWithEmbersHeavySCALED [MSTT:00106112] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))
Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000C3BAC] (places FXfireWithEmbersHeavySCALED [MSTT:00106112] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))
Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000E248E] (places CollisionMarker [STAT:00000021] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))
Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000F82AB] (places FXfireWithEmbersHeavySCALED [MSTT:00106112] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))

44 minutes ago, Blackread said:

After running DynDOLOD it reported several overwritten large references in the newest 3.0 version of Alternate Perspective, but when I went to check in xEdit, some of the overwritten references hadn't been edited by anything. Here's a list of all the false positives:

Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000C2C90] (places FXMistLow01Long [MSTT:0007776F] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))
Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000C2CAE] (places FXMistLow01Long [MSTT:0007776F] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))
Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000C3B92] (places BurntRubble04 [STAT:000C2CB5] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))
Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000C3BAB] (places FXfireWithEmbersHeavySCALED [MSTT:00106112] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))
Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000C3BAC] (places FXfireWithEmbersHeavySCALED [MSTT:00106112] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))
Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000E248E] (places CollisionMarker [STAT:00000021] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))
Warning: Overwritten large reference in AlternatePerspective.esp [REFR:000F82AB] (places FXfireWithEmbersHeavySCALED [MSTT:00106112] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HelgenExterior02 [CELL:0000982A] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,-20))

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

All these 7 vanilla references are overwritten by AlternatePerspective.esp [CRC32:1A18560E] from the Alternate Perspective 3.0 download archive.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

All these 7 vanilla references are overwritten by AlternatePerspective.esp [CRC32:1A18560E] from the Alternate Perspective 3.0 download archive.

My bad :wallbash:Those 7 were ITMs which I had cleaned away in between running AP and going through the large ref bugs.

When I created the Aspens Ablaze tree LOD models, I distinctly remember having to add the following config file in order to get TexGen to create the custom tree billboards. I forget if it was because they were too small to meet the threshold or if it was because they were custom trees undefined but for the AA plugin: DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_aspensablazeesp.txt

After doing some experiments, I'm finding that this file no longer has any impact: TexGen creates the billboards, even though they are custom trees with small z (< 500 U). Has something changed in the last umpteen iterations? I forget what version I was using when I created those.

Second question: Is there a way to prohibit a given tree from being added to the BTO mesh using a config file? So if I want TreeAspen06 and TreeAspen07 from Aspens Ablaze.esp to NOT have LOD on the atlas, can I do this with a config file?

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

When I created the Aspens Ablaze tree LOD models, I distinctly remember having to add the following config file in order to get TexGen to create the custom tree billboards. I forget if it was because they were too small to meet the threshold or if it was because they were custom trees undefined but for the AA plugin: DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_Billboards_aspensablazeesp.txt

After doing some experiments, I'm finding that this file no longer has any impact: TexGen creates the billboards, even though they are custom trees with small z (< 500 U). Has something changed in the last umpteen iterations? I forget what version I was using when I created those.

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

The default is MinTreeModelHeight=512 <  z  times TreeModelHeightMultiplier=1.7 and/or max scale of references using the tree.

If you do not want TexGen to generate billboards it creates automatically, change the True to False the in config file as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

Second question: Is there a way to prohibit a given tree from being added to the BTO mesh using a config file? So if I want TreeAspen06 and TreeAspen07 from Aspens Ablaze.esp to NOT have LOD on the atlas, can I do this with a config file?

Add a mesh mask rule setting all LOD Levels to None, just like the default rules at the top of the list but typically with VWD checked. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules

59 minutes ago, sheson said:

Moved to the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread.

If you do not want TexGen to generate billboards it creates automatically, change the True to False the in config file as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards

Add a mesh mask rule setting all LOD Levels to None, just like the default rules at the top of the list but typically with VWD checked. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules

Well, duh. I was overthinking ...

EDIT: also note that linked URLs in your posts should be updated to omit the hash, so first link ...

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mesh-Mask-Reference-Rules#Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards

should be ...

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Tree-Grass-LOD-Billboards

Otherwise, they point to the root page (has string ignored)