DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

46 minutes ago, tirefrier said:

Is there a way to know this ahead of time?

I'm really new to this and I basically just download whatever a mod says is a requirement and I end up with a huge bloated list of stuff I don't really care for, but it's needed for that particular mod. And then uninstalling a mod that I find out mid game is garbage breaks the whole game. Is it really just trial and error until you get what you want/like in the end?

A method is to use xEdit filter:
left tree view, right click, select Apply Filter
check "deleted" in the left
check "by Record Signature" in the middle and in the list select REFR - Placed Object
everything else unchecked
Once applied, the left tree view will list all plugins containing deleted references.

Modding is a lot of trial and error unless you follow a modding guide (and stick to it) or download a pre-made list.

• +1 1

2 minutes ago, sheson said:

A method is to use xEdit filter:
left tree view, right click, select Apply Filter
check "deleted" in the left
check "by Record Signature" in the middle and in the list select REFR - Placed Object
everything else unchecked
Once applied, the left tree view will list all plugins containing deleted references.

Ok, that's easy enough to understand! Thank you for the advice/guidance. Will clean all plugins and report back if I still have issues!

This is not a typical issue, but I made a new worldspace and wanted to generate LOD for it. I've done this before successfully but this time I tried it, it failed to work, as can be seen in the picture I attached. I had added new mountain meshes but the only edits I made were to change the texture file paths in nifskope. I made sure in the plugin the correct LOD models were connected to their static records (which are vanilla LOD also with new texture paths). After running DynDOLOD on a completely vanilla profile minus the absolutely necessary files/mods, it added something in the back but nothing else, not even the terrain. Everything ran smoothly and the only error I got was that I needed to clean a deleted record in Dawnguard.esm. Since I've done this for new world spaces before, I believe I did everything correctly (with the .lod file with the name of my worldspace). I do not know if this was on my end or something else?

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2024.08.18 - 01.21.43.69.png

LODGen_SSE_KR2Deadlands_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_KR2Deadlands.txt LODGen_SSE_KR2Deadlands_TerrainUnderside_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log_COPY.docx

21 minutes ago, kn1ghtradiant said:

This is not a typical issue, but I made a new worldspace and wanted to generate LOD for it. I've done this before successfully but this time I tried it, it failed to work, as can be seen in the picture I attached. I had added new mountain meshes but the only edits I made were to change the texture file paths in nifskope. I made sure in the plugin the correct LOD models were connected to their static records (which are vanilla LOD also with new texture paths). After running DynDOLOD on a completely vanilla profile minus the absolutely necessary files/mods, it added something in the back but nothing else, not even the terrain. Everything ran smoothly and the only error I got was that I needed to clean a deleted record in Dawnguard.esm. Since I've done this for new world spaces before, I believe I did everything correctly (with the .lod file with the name of my worldspace). I do not know if this was on my end or something else?

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2024.08.18 - 01.21.43.69.png

LODGen_SSE_KR2Deadlands_log.txt 2.25 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_TexturesUsed_KR2Deadlands.txt 2.74 kB · 0 downloads LODGen_SSE_KR2Deadlands_TerrainUnderside_log.txt 866 B · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log_COPY.docx 992.03 kB · 0 downloads

Do not put txt files into word documents. Zip the debug log or upload it as is.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire DynDOLOD log to also upload in addition to the debug log.
Also upload F:\NOLVUS2\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

Make a useful screenshot of the full model that has no object LOD representation with more informative console as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots

DynDOLOD does not generate terrain LOD. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/xLODGen

11 minutes ago, sheson said:

Do not put txt files into word documents. Zip the debug log or upload it as is.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire DynDOLOD log to also upload in addition to the debug log.
Also upload F:\NOLVUS2\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.txt

Make a useful screenshot of the full model that has no object LOD representation with more informative console as explained in https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots

DynDOLOD does not generate terrain LOD. See https://dyndolod.info/Help/xLODGen

Sorry about that. I'll pay closer attention next time. But, this can be disregarded: I had forgotten to uncheck the option to make the worldspace a fixed size. Thanks for the hardwork.

• sheson changed the title to DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 178

Incredible program, fantastic LOD results! Maybe minor, but may as well mention it: there's a spelling mistake under Grid on line Full.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 164918.png

Edited by DWM19
Fixed mistake

43 minutes ago, DWM19 said:

Incredible program, fantastic LOD results! Maybe minor, but may as well mention it: there's a spelling mistake under Grid on line Full.

Screenshot 2024-08-21 164918.png

Thanks. Will be fixed next version.

Latest version Alpha 178:

I have fBlockLevel0Distance=53248.0000 set in SkyrimPrefs.ini (which I have set as read-only). However, in game when I check in the DynDOLOD MCM, it shows as set to fBlockLevel0Distance=100000. I do not have any other inis that might overwite the settings (that I can find anyway).

Curious if anyone has any idea what might be causing this.

4 minutes ago, dionysist said:

Latest version Alpha 178:

I have fBlockLevel0Distance=53248.0000 set in SkyrimPrefs.ini (which I have set as read-only). However, in game when I check in the DynDOLOD MCM, it shows as set to fBlockLevel0Distance=100000. I do not have any other inis that might overwite the settings (that I can find anyway).

Curious if anyone has any idea what might be causing this.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which entire DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making post. Also upload the papyrus log.

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Rudimentary-Troubleshooting

What does console getini "fBlockLevel0Distance:TerrainManager" report when checking on main menu after launching the game?

6 minutes ago, dionysist said:

logs: https://ufile.io/f/d2vq3

I have bEnableLogging=1 in the skyrim.ini, but no papyrus log is being generated.

getini "fBlockLevel0Distance:TerrainManager" shows the value as 100000

That explains why the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Settings page reports that number, since that is what the INI setting is set to.

Seems likely you are not editing the correct INIs on both those accounts.
Since you are starting from MO2, make sure to use its build-in INI Editor under menu Tools. Tools Plugin, INI Editor which should edit the correct INIs, typically in the profile folder.

Thank you.

The MO2 built-in ini editor shows the following values:

[TerrainManager]

bShowLODInEditor=1

fBlockLevel0Distance=53248

fBlockLevel1Distance=114688

fBlockMaximumDistance=262144

fSplitDistanceMult=1.0

fTreeLoadDistance=0

Edited by dionysist

48 minutes ago, dionysist said:

Thank you.

The MO2 built-in ini editor shows the following values:

[TerrainManager]

bShowLODInEditor=1

fBlockLevel0Distance=53248

fBlockLevel1Distance=114688

fBlockMaximumDistance=262144

fSplitDistanceMult=1.0

fTreeLoadDistance=0

Double check for SkyrimCustom.ini etc.

Maybe there is an issue with MO2 or the general setup of the game. I would enable its debug log and check it for the requests to *.INI.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Double check for SkyrimCustom.ini etc.

Maybe there is an issue with MO2 or the general setup of the game. I would enable its debug log and check it for the requests to *.INI.

I couldn't find anything useful in the MO2 debug log.

I changed the setting to use profile specific ini files. I then deleted the terrain manager settings. The DynDOLOD MCM still shows those same values. I can't for the life of me figure out where they are pulling from.

4 hours ago, dionysist said:

I couldn't find anything useful in the MO2 debug log.

I changed the setting to use profile specific ini files. I then deleted the terrain manager settings. The DynDOLOD MCM still shows those same values. I can't for the life of me figure out where they are pulling from.

They are coming from the MO profile:

image.png

As mentioned, check that SkyrimCustom.ini does not have the persistent values set.

image.png

Otherwise, they could be coming from some mod you have installed that thinks setting [Terrainmanager] settings is a good idea. In that mod you will find an INI file named the same as the plugin.

image.png