DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

10 hours ago, mooit said:

Hello,

I'm using Myrkvior - The Flora Of Skyrim - Trees SSE;

Myrkvior - The Flora Of Skyrim - Trees SSE at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

These are my DynDOLOD 3 Alpha 88 settings I used; (Upper right I used 'High' - I changed all tree billboards to 4 and Grid to Near LOD)

Dyn-DOLOD3 — ImgBB

At Whiterun, I walked out the gate and stood on the ramp outside the gate, looking over at the mountains. Here's a screen shot of the trees in the distance near the mountains.

Whiterun — ImgBB

The trees at this distance, is there a setting I can use, to make them look more realistic from this distance? 

THANKS

As I mentioned on the EVT topic: If you want to understand settings for all LODgen work, including DynDOLOD 3, you can reference this guide and ignore specific mods mentioned that you do not use. This has examples of proper mesh rules and the order of operations in invoking them along with a lot of other detail. This is a working example that should assist you in understanding how it works as you read throught the DynDOLOD documentation.

2 hours ago, mooit said:

Sorry shenson if I seem dense here, I'm not understanding what you mean;
-----------------------------------------------

No Grass In Objects is currently only available for Skyrim Special Edition runtime version 1.5.x. The grass LOD generation however does not care about the runtime version, so the grass cache files can still be used to generate grass LOD with the runtime 1.6.x.

-----------------------------------------------

I don't understand how/where to get grass cache files if I'm running 1.6.x. which I thought the easiest way was with Worldspaces with Grass SSEEdit Script for No Grass In Objects, or the only way?

Please forgive my questions, I am really reading and trying, just so much documentation to wrap my head around, and I really appreciate your help and patience.

THANKS

Read through our grass LOD guide to understand why you cannot use 1.6.xxx with NGIO and how to create your own using 1.5.97 (but it's a lot of advanced work to do so).

This topic is more for reporting issues with DynDOLOD alpha and testing changes than for understanding how to mod with LODGen tools. This is why we created the guides, which employ the knowledge and tactics needed to better contribute here.

9 hours ago, sheson said:

We got an actual log this time!

The only mod I have modifying those trees is Seasonal Aspen Trees (w/ patches for shrubs of snow and turn of the seasons): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/63641?tab=files

full logs: https://mega.nz/file/xk1D1ARZ#6sd9jJJ1EXHTild6gCoO5_oCYKN1AchBZfSpk1amQlM

LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_SPR_log.txt

2 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

We got an actual log this time!

The only mod I have modifying those trees is Seasonal Aspen Trees (w/ patches for shrubs of snow and turn of the seasons): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/63641?tab=files

full logs: https://mega.nz/file/xk1D1ARZ#6sd9jJJ1EXHTild6gCoO5_oCYKN1AchBZfSpk1amQlM

LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_SPR_log.txt 336 kB · 3 downloads

I keep testing with that mod and 3D models without problem. Can you start DynDOLOD in expert mode and just execute LODGen for that season again to see if the same error happens with the same NIF consistently?

With the trace I can start looking into the 3rd party code that optimizes triangles/vertices order to see whats up tomorrow.

On 4/18/2022 at 5:23 AM, sheson said:

Adding mods with assets that require lots of more resources being constantly loaded when moving around in a large map where new cells attach is very different from a game with a fixed map where everything is most likely constantly loaded.

Use default INIs with BethINI. Try using lower settings. Use sane texture resolutions/sizes and settings. Rendering full grass and Grass LOD is very demanding. Reduce density and distance as explained in the performance section.
If there is a performance issue at regular intervals without moving around or doing anything, then something is probably running at said interval, could be in-game or external.

yeah I was being an absolute mad man. Amazed my lil laptop didn't burn my house down. 

So I just gimped my load order from 800 mods to 400. Got rid of all the superfluous stuff I didn't really need. I'm running my game on dyndo ultra with grass lod mode 2, with bethini medium settings, display tweaks and fps stabilizer, the most recent xlod settings from the step guide and skyland. I turned off v sync through display tweaks and bethini and use adaptive through nvidia. It plays much much better than before and actually looks better as well. I can play at a smooth 60 fps most of the time (there's Still stuttering, but actually playable this time). I hope if I just cap my fps to 35-40, I might be able to use dyndolod grass mode 2 without stuttering. I'm almost positive that dyndolod grass mode 2 is the biggest performance hit, as step guide says to use dyndolod grass mode 1 for sake of performance. Also I notice stutter when I walk around and grass is rendered. 

Just curious, is there a way to eliminate the grass "fade in" effect in grass mode 1? Where grass will visualize as if "fading in" in front of the player as they're walking? I know dyndolod grass mode 1 is loading grass in current cell, and grass lod outside of it so I imagine not. For grass mode 2, I notice grass more or less "pops in" once player enters new reference grid, it doesn't "fade in". 

And once again, thank you for your patience and helping me out here. Thank you for dyndolod/ xlod as well. They're amazing tools.  

Edited by NBBEAST

52 minutes ago, sheson said:

I keep testing with that mod and 3D models without problem. Can you start DynDOLOD in expert mode and just execute LODGen for that season again to see if the same error happens with the same NIF consistently?

With the trace I can start looking into the 3rd party code that optimizes triangles/vertices order to see whats up tomorrow.

here you go https://mega.nz/file/A58n0BDb#RS4-dc8d8LgS_gvdWJxj83-fp7q694wTdbaxN5NH7Do

14 hours ago, sheson said:

Once you have a crash log, check it for mentioning a texture *.dds. It will most likely not have a power of 2 resolution. Or upload the log if you need help deciphering it.

Or if you narrowed it down to a BTO, check which single textures it uses that are shipping with a mod.

TEXTURES\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\floraspikygrass02_000be3e1.dds, and TEXTURES\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\pineshrub02snow_0009daa1.dds seems to be getting mentioned in the crash log a few times. I will post my log and post the things that I think could be issues. Those files are a part of HD LODs Textures SE at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com), and I assume they are just not being loaded for some reason. Don't think they're the source of the crash, but worth noting anyway.

Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.16.32.16.BTO, 16.32.0.BTO is the one and only BTO acknowledged in the crash log. How would I find the texure(s) it's calling? It also changes the BTO to another one if I hide the one in the crash log via MO2 (Only 1 unique BTO seems to be present in a log).

https://mega.nz/folder/DdtSEA5a#pUxovf6LttIeesxLDDOt3g Fresh logs (I did clean my ESM's since the last time so those should not be issues anymore).

EDIT: HD LODs Textures being disabled lets me load into the game, so it sounds like those texture issues are directly related to the BTO's. I don't know if you wish to troubleshoot it more, but worst case scenario I can regenerate without this mod and see how it goes.

Edited by Zhunter5000
Updated stuff

1 hour ago, Zhunter5000 said:

TEXTURES\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\floraspikygrass02_000be3e1.dds, and TEXTURES\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\pineshrub02snow_0009daa1.dds seems to be getting mentioned in the crash log a few times. I will post my log and post the things that I think could be issues. Those files are a part of HD LODs Textures SE at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com), and I assume they are just not being loaded for some reason. Don't think they're the source of the crash, but worth noting anyway.

Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.16.32.16.BTO, 16.32.0.BTO is the one and only BTO acknowledged in the crash log. How would I find the texure(s) it's calling? It also changes the BTO to another one if I hide the one in the crash log via MO2 (Only 1 unique BTO seems to be present in a log).

https://mega.nz/folder/DdtSEA5a#pUxovf6LttIeesxLDDOt3g Fresh logs (I did clean my ESM's since the last time so those should not be issues anymore).

EDIT: HD LODs Textures being disabled lets me load into the game, so it sounds like those texture issues are directly related to the BTO's. I don't know if you wish to troubleshoot it more, but worst case scenario I can regenerate without this mod and see how it goes.

Second update to this, regenerating lod without HD LODs Textures, and Dyndolod.. Works just fine! I still don't know why it worked before and not now but thank you Sheson for helping me with it, and for helping guide me to the problem. I am glad I can play with Dyndolod again. LOD is looking quite nice too.

ScreenShot1.png

9 hours ago, NBBEAST said:

yeah I was being an absolute mad man. Amazed my lil laptop didn't burn my house down. 

So I just gimped my load order from 800 mods to 400. Got rid of all the superfluous stuff I didn't really need. I'm running my game on dyndo ultra with grass lod mode 2, with bethini medium settings, display tweaks and fps stabilizer, the most recent xlod settings from the step guide and skyland. I turned off v sync through display tweaks and bethini and use adaptive through nvidia. It plays much much better than before and actually looks better as well. I can play at a smooth 60 fps most of the time (there's Still stuttering, but actually playable this time). I hope if I just cap my fps to 35-40, I might be able to use dyndolod grass mode 2 without stuttering. I'm almost positive that dyndolod grass mode 2 is the biggest performance hit, as step guide says to use dyndolod grass mode 1 for sake of performance. Also I notice stutter when I walk around and grass is rendered. 

Just curious, is there a way to eliminate the grass "fade in" effect in grass mode 1? Where grass will visualize as if "fading in" in front of the player as they're walking? I know dyndolod grass mode 1 is loading grass in current cell, and grass lod outside of it so I imagine not. For grass mode 2, I notice grass more or less "pops in" once player enters new reference grid, it doesn't "fade in". 

And once again, thank you for your patience and helping me out here. Thank you for dyndolod/ xlod as well. They're amazing tools.  

DynDOLODGrassMode 1/2 are fixed distance settings. 1 is the uGridsToLoad 5 x 5 cells around the player. 2 is whatever the uLargeRefLODGridSize setting is.

It should not change how full grass fades in or out.

3 hours ago, Zhunter5000 said:

Second update to this, regenerating lod without HD LODs Textures, and Dyndolod.. Works just fine! I still don't know why it worked before and not now but thank you Sheson for helping me with it, and for helping guide me to the problem. I am glad I can play with Dyndolod again. LOD is looking quite nice too.

ScreenShot1.png

Just deleting the billboards from all third party mods in ..Data\Textures\LODGen\*.* and only keeping the ones generated by TexGen should be enough.

Thanks z929669 and sheson 

Thanks too PRieST I got the grass fixes done.

I did read through the guides, luckily I had a 1.5 back of SE, it was a little work putting in some of the needed things from 1.5 into MO2 to get it working, and getting the No Grass in Objects to make the grass cache, but I succeeded.

I thought it wasn't going to work creating the grass cache, because it never gave the popup saying it was done, instead I ended up getting a spinning mouse cursor when it was done, but in the .NET Script Framework logs it said it succeeded creating the grass cache, and I did the Grass fix on them too.

WOW talk about some work, now xLODGen, TexGen all good, and  DynDOLOD 3 showed the Grass Lod options.

I've attached a screen shot showing I got the Grass LOD, and a screen shot in Whiterun showing how it's looking.

Can't wait to get a Nvidia 3060 and 2K monitor.. LOL :P

Game is running nice too! :)

BIG THANKS GUYS!

P.S. I'll keep it on topic next time for the DynDOLOD here. :)

MyDnyDOLOD3.jpg

Whiterun.jpg

Edited by mooit

14 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

Have you ever tested  the hardware with something like prime95 blend test? Just wondering.

Run with this version of LODGen https://mega.nz/file/AVQHETyI#uc3iBydpHCx0rWp2sX2tvHaW3ZHFC7Sbq1FHqbIhA4A and upload the logs for whichever worldspace/season failed.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

Have you ever tested  the hardware with something like prime95 blend test? Just wondering.

Run with this version of LODGen https://mega.nz/file/AVQHETyI#uc3iBydpHCx0rWp2sX2tvHaW3ZHFC7Sbq1FHqbIhA4A and upload the logs for whichever worldspace/season failed.

I have, but not recently. Logs attached.

LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_WIN_log.txt LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

13 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

You have the .Net event log for that with the trace?

Can you generate without Season Aspen Trees to rule out that there is a problem with the assets? I am pretty sure they are not the problem since I have no issues despite the 3D tree LOD models containing orphaned blocks and left over collision. That's all ignored anyways.

hi, getting the same error everytime I run texgen:

[Window Title]
TexGen

[Main Instruction]
Texconv error 80070026.

[Content]
textures\architecture\whiterun\WRPlasterDecals.dds

"D:\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe" -nologo -y -aw 256 -f R8G8B8A8_UNORM -o "C:\Users\crich\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE" "C:\Users\crich\AppData\Local\Temp\TexGen_SSE\8F62B2D7BEF24ACFB52500424C11AD7E.dds"

Click on this link for additional explanations and help for this message

[Exit TexGen]

[Footer]
Online Help | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

I tried looking up the error code, but did not find that specific error code in the dyndolod/texgen documentation (currently running latest).

Windows has that specific error code, and I tried deleting temp folder, disabling antivirus, running sfc, and rebooting, with no luck.

Ideas/suggestions?

TexGen_SSE_log.txt