DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

17 minutes ago, Wolfpack49 said:

Hi Sheson,

Just a question on the referenced Majestic Mountain LODs for Alpha 35.  Is the referenced 7z on the first post here more recent than the latest MM LOD version on the Nexus (v1.2)?

I would always use files provided by sheson and override with anything provided by the mod (just like DynDOLOD Resources). That way, it's a moot point.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Fix file/texture not found errors.

Read the first post what log files to include when making reports.

Always use the latest available version.

Fix file/texture not found errors.

I've looked through the log now - it seems to me most of the errors are missing nifs from Beyond Skyrim Bruma. Opening the bsa I can't the ones missing either. So, either the esp makes reference to nifs never included, or something else is going on. Weird, though, this has never been an issue before.

On 7/28/2021 at 4:47 PM, Wolfpack49 said:

Hi Sheson,

Just a question on the referenced Majestic Mountain LODs for Alpha 35.  Is the referenced 7z on the first post here more recent than the latest MM LOD version on the Nexus (v1.2)?

There is no LOD Pack for DynDOLOD 3 for Alpha 34 and newer available yet at the mods file section. I sent it to T4gtr34um3r and it will hopefully be added soon.

On 7/28/2021 at 5:10 PM, Selfishmonkey said:

I've looked through the log now - it seems to me most of the errors are missing nifs from Beyond Skyrim Bruma. Opening the bsa I can't the ones missing either. So, either the esp makes reference to nifs never included, or something else is going on. Weird, though, this has never been an issue before.

Textures end in *.DDS and not in *.NIF. Those are models.

16 hours ago, xcal68 said:

Just reporting an issue with the DynDOLOD 3, Alpha 34, related to the UI.  When adding a new rule (right click > insert) in the "Mesh and Reference rules" section of the Advanced window, the last line gets pushed down (as expected), but you cannot scroll down to see it.  Adding further rules continues to push the last line further down, out of sight.  At first I thought it was removing or overwriting the rule that you happen to be right clicking on, but if you remove a rule, it brings the hidden line back up and it's viewable again.  This does not happen in Alpha 33.

As a side note, I'm also getting the "Item not found" error that RockGodOne and verrik are reporting, which was introduced (for me) in Alpha 34.  This issue is not present when generating LODs in Alpha 33 (which I've reverted back to for now).  I'll consider posting logs for that, if I get a chance, but for now I really just wanted to mention the UI thing.

Thanks for the update.  Alpha 35 resolved both issues for me.

Dyndo-log... get it? - Pastebin.com

Thankfully it now generates w/ v35. This is a truncated version of the warnings that seem most important. Unable to fit everything, but beyond is mostly large reference warnings which if I understand correctly, are hard to get rid of. What is this mismatch texture warning? All of my textures are definitely loaded correctly, MM lod especially. I mention MM since alot are mountain  related

I may have been overanalyzing the log, since I believe most of the warnings simply came from different overwriting records. The important thing is that as others have said, it generates fine again, and helped me track down a couple minor unresolved script errors. Thanks for the quick update!

Edited by EazyH

6 hours ago, EazyH said:

Dyndo-log... get it? - Pastebin.com

Thankfully it now generates w/ v35. This is a truncated version of the warnings that seem most important. Unable to fit everything, but beyond is mostly large reference warnings which if I understand correctly, are hard to get rid of. What is this mismatch texture warning? All of my textures are definitely loaded correctly, MM lod especially. I mention MM since alot are mountain  related

I may have been overanalyzing the log, since I believe most of the warnings simply came from different overwriting records. The important thing is that as others have said, it generates fine again, and helped me track down a couple minor unresolved script errors. Thanks for the quick update!

Read the first post what logfiles to include in posts. Always post entire logs for the last meaningful process, e.g. from starting the tools to the end.

ESP plugins overwriting large references should be considered visually incompatible with a Skyrim Special Edition engine feature. If the visual issues are a problem, either do not use the plugin, fix the cause of the errors with the help of the log messages or do not use the feature.

The texture mismatch means there are "older"/vanilla LOD models from other mods overwriting the Core Files from DynDOLOD Resources. Install the Majestic Mountain LOD Pack for DynDOLOD 3 from the first post and as explained in the "Compatibility" section of docs/DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html. The log message is about the textures defined in the NIFs, not about installed textures.

Also read docs\help\LogMessages.html

7 hours ago, sheson said:

Are you using the CreateEmptyBTT=1 DynDOLOD INI setting because of Beyond Bruma?

No, I think that's a mistake (I was probably trying several things to fix the Item Not Found error but forgot to reset it). I read through the ini several times - there are quite a few more options than in Dyndolod v.2.x

I'll run it with that. And also the new Majestic Mountains LODs.

Edited by Selfishmonkey

8 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post what logfiles to include in posts. Always post entire logs for the last meaningful process, e.g. from starting the tools to the end.

ESP plugins overwriting large references should be considered visually incompatible with a Skyrim Special Edition engine feature. If the visual issues are a problem, either do not use the plugin, fix the cause of the errors with the help of the log messages or do not use the feature.

The texture mismatch means there are "older"/vanilla LOD models from other mods overwriting the Core Files from DynDOLOD Resources. Install the Majestic Mountain LOD Pack for DynDOLOD 3 from the first post and as explained in the "Compatibility" section of docs/DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html. The log message is about the textures defined in the NIFs, not about installed textures.

Also read docs\help\LogMessages.html

Ah man. Totally missed the MM LOD pack. No mention of that on the MM page and he points to his most recent LOD pack being best to use when generating LOD, tho I suppose that’s only for 2.x? I thought my mountains weren’t looking as good as they should.

At least I know I can run it with no issues once I get home from work. As far as overwritten large references, the majority of mine come from LOS-TML or NSUTR w/ snowamb or snowblowing, etc. i’ve talked to a few folks that mentioned turning it into an ESM, is this the only way to get rid of these? And then if moved to the top of the load order, you would still have to go through and manually patch everything, right?

43 minutes ago, EazyH said:

Ah man. Totally missed the MM LOD pack. No mention of that on the MM page and he points to his most recent LOD pack being best to use when generating LOD, tho I suppose that’s only for 2.x? I thought my mountains weren’t looking as good as they should.

At least I know I can run it with no issues once I get home from work. As far as overwritten large references, the majority of mine come from LOS-TML or NSUTR w/ snowamb or snowblowing, etc. i’ve talked to a few folks that mentioned turning it into an ESM, is this the only way to get rid of these? And then if moved to the top of the load order, you would still have to go through and manually patch everything, right?

Bethesda has not changed how the buggy large reference system works since Skyrim Special Edition came out in 2016. All the bug reporting, discussions and explanations from the last 5 years still apply. Removing overwrites from ESP (and instead putting them into true ESLs), moving all large references of a cell underground and replacing them with non large references, or converting plugins to ESM and the caveats of any method are outside the scope of LOD/DynDOLOD support.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Bethesda has not changed how the buggy large reference system works since Skyrim Special Edition came out in 2016. All the bug reporting, discussions and explanations from the last 5 years still apply. Removing overwrites from ESP (and instead putting them into true ESLs), moving all large references of a cell underground and replacing them with non large references, or converting plugins to ESM and the caveats of any method are outside the scope of LOD/DynDOLOD support.

Thanks, I’ll continue talking with some of the folks I was speaking with about the large reference overwrites and ways to get around it. Just to be clear, the MM LOD pack you have on the front page is different from the one on Nexus?

Edited by EazyH