DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

53 minutes ago, sheson said:

Please also post DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

Check if ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_SSE_Tree_Atlas_Map_Tamriel.txt exists, probably not. In case it does upload it too.

Done. And just as you predicted, LODGen_SSE_Tree_Atlas_Map_Tamriel.txt does not exist.

Here is the mediafire link for DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt.

Also uploading my settings if they make any difference. The reason why I am using the alpha is for the grass, after all.

TBH, I deleted all the logs but I re ran dyndolod again to generate the same error again.

bugreport.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_LOD.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Export.txt Void's Default.ini

DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

Edited by The_Void_Knight

On 5/22/2021 at 2:31 AM, sheson said:

If those holes do not close then the first screenshot shows terrain LOD that was generated without the cut content being restored.
Generate terrain LOD meshes and textures with xLODGen and install one of the recommended options SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm or  SSE-Terrain-Tamriel-Extend.esm.

So I should generate objects and terrain using xLODGen, and also generate DynDOLOD on top of that? And which mod are those .esms from?

What about the xLODGen settings? Also, is it ok to activate Open Cities while generating xLODGen?

On 5/23/2021 at 5:23 AM, gmahadhika91 said:

So I should generate objects and terrain using xLODGen, and also generate DynDOLOD on top of that? And which mod are those .esms from?

What about the xLODGen settings? Also, is it ok to activate Open Cities while generating xLODGen?

Read the first post of Skyrim TVDT - Occlusion Culling Data
Read the first post of xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta, it contains the recommended optionals.
Read the readmes in the download archive of xLODGen
I am not aware of Open Cities causes terrain LOD problems that would require it to be disabled.

Check out any modern modding guide. Post questions in the appropriate forums and threads.

12 hours ago, The_Void_Knight said:

Done. And just as you predicted, LODGen_SSE_Tree_Atlas_Map_Tamriel.txt does not exist.

Here is the mediafire link for DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt.

Also uploading my settings if they make any difference. The reason why I am using the alpha is for the grass, after all.

TBH, I deleted all the logs but I re ran dyndolod again to generate the same error again.

While it is not supposed to cause any problems like this, are there 3rd party billboards installed in the load order?

See if hiding any textures\terrain\lodgen\ from all mods but the TexGen output helps. If it does, maybe you can try to narrow it down to the specific mod or billboard even.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

While it is not supposed to cause any problems like this, are there 3rd party billboards installed in the load order?

See if hiding any textures\terrain\lodgen\ from all mods but the TexGen output helps. If it does, maybe you can try to narrow it down to the specific mod or billboard even.

Went through trial and error and found out that EEKs Renthal Flora Collection was the one responsible for it. Everything works great without that mod's lodgen files.

Weird, that mod was installed even before I even tried dyndolod the first time and it works right out of the box. I wonder why it flaked out now.

Anyways, thanks for your help troubleshooting this issue, sheson.

ScreenShot0.thumb.jpg.98ca11f72513a5162a6306780c1140ba.jpg

On 5/21/2021 at 4:21 AM, sheson said:

Keep in mind that everything in this is thread is for the alpha test. Many concepts and especially game related things are already part of earlier versions and other the threads.

If the explanations or linked posts so far leave questions, feel free to ask more specific questions.
"Terminilogy" in..\DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html and ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Terminology.html may help.

That's a good point and something I hadn't considered (consulting the 2.X threads) -- I'll do that, and give the docs another thorough re-read. Thanks! I only began modding this year, so the absorption of knowledge is taking some time. Getting there though!

In the meantime, re: the overwritten large reference/disabled large reference warnings I'm getting, is the solution to flag the conflicting plugins as ESLs? Or simply disable them before running DynDOLOD? Or am I not even in the right ballpark? I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered many times before :( 

6 hours ago, Zackmaniac said:

That's a good point and something I hadn't considered (consulting the 2.X threads) -- I'll do that, and give the docs another thorough re-read. Thanks! I only began modding this year, so the absorption of knowledge is taking some time. Getting there though!

In the meantime, re: the overwritten large reference/disabled large reference warnings I'm getting, is the solution to flag the conflicting plugins as ESLs? Or simply disable them before running DynDOLOD? Or am I not even in the right ballpark? I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered many times before :( 

You can either promote those mods to ESM via CK, not use the mods, or just ignore the warnings. Most of the large ref issues I have tracked down were for objects that I would not notice anyway. That said, mod authors should be made aware how/how not to carry forward their changes with respect to LOD.

9 hours ago, Zackmaniac said:

The large reference bugs have nothing to do with LOD generation directly. They happen in the game regardless.

Only ESM flagged plugins should overwrite large references. This already includes ESM flagged ESP or ESL. The game also treats files with the *.esm and *.esl suffix without flags the same way as they were flagged.

No plugin should have a initially disabled large reference. They always trigger the bugs. 

Temporarily disabling plugin is a troubleshooting step.

@sheson I created 3D Hybrids for Aspens Ablaze. I haven't generated object LOD yet, but the LOD meshes and trunk billboards were created as expected for all trees in that mod, so I expect no issues.

I need a quick reminder about TexGen tree-billboard creation. Aspens Ablaze mod adds three new aspens via ESP, and all seems kosher with the plugin (but for '0' value for all object bounds). However, TexGen only created billboards for treeaspen01-treeaspen06 (i.e., the vanilla replacements). TexGen did not create tree billboards for the new ones (treeaspen07-treeaspen09). Is this an issue with the new tree records in Aspens Aplaze.esp? I'm guessing that I need to set something there.

image.png

EDIT: I think I have found my answer in ../DynDOLOD-3.00/docs/help/TexGenConfiguration.html .... I believe that I need to set the object bounds to trigger TexGen tree billboard creation. So If I load the plugin into the CK, I can use this method to write the prober object bounds(?):

In case the object bounds are not set properly in a plugin, the CreationKit Object Window has a right click context menu entry 'Recalc Bounds' to update them.

... and then save the plugin and re-run TexGen?

EDIT2: Well I did that to no avail. Even with defined object bounds, I get no billboards. Please see this post and provide me some direction if so inclined. Thanks in advance.

4 hours ago, z929669 said:

@sheson I created 3D Hybrids for Aspens Ablaze. I haven't generated object LOD yet, but the LOD meshes and trunk billboards were created as expected for all trees in that mod, so I expect no issues.

I need a quick reminder about TexGen tree-billboard creation. Aspens Ablaze mod adds three new aspens via ESP, and all seems kosher with the plugin (but for '0' value for all object bounds). However, TexGen only created billboards for treeaspen01-treeaspen06 (i.e., the vanilla replacements). TexGen did not create tree billboards for the new ones (treeaspen07-treeaspen09). Is this an issue with the new tree records in Aspens Aplaze.esp? I'm guessing that I need to set something there.

image.png

EDIT: I think I have found my answer in ../DynDOLOD-3.00/docs/help/TexGenConfiguration.html .... I believe that I need to set the object bounds to trigger TexGen tree billboard creation. So If I load the plugin into the CK, I can use this method to write the prober object bounds(?):

... and then save the plugin and re-run TexGen?

EDIT2: Well I did that to no avail. Even with defined object bounds, I get no billboards. Please see this post and provide me some direction if so inclined. Thanks in advance.

Read the first post which log files to provide when making posts.

Oh mighty!

We're summoning you. Here is a humble offering for Thee for thy mighty gift of DynDOLOD. Lastborn! ...or was it first... born. Well... amm... muu?

I don't think it's a bug. But I also don't think I'm doingv anythig wrong either. Maby some quirky setting? (though I reset ini...). The problem is here:

489830_20210525104753_1.thumb.jpg.fe3c4696052c11fab0c015d025d7aa32.jpg

(Maby there is a problem with ground texture as well? but im content with what it is) As you can see, there is some nice THICC dynamic grass, and next to it is what I suppose should be LOD grass. And there is. But... it seems kinda... lacking. The issue can kind of be "traced" to the atlas texture which looks like this:

DynDOLOD_Tamriel.thumb.jpg.c0c5cc408d2836f9eea76b1f0b08fa24.jpg

TexGen produces a least several different grass textures for my grass mod (Verdant), but they dont thow up in the atlas.

I've change my grass mod to verdant from veydosebrom because I've found somewhere a info that vedosebrom has some problem w object bounds not defined. The author of verdant confirms DynDOLOD grass works for him (just from his comments on his mod page). I've checked the formus, the internet, grass and other mods pages' I use. Removed grass booster, changed the gras ESP to NOT ESPFE, checked the ini's x10 and even changed my FOV setting, each time regenerating the dyndolod, texgens, even grass cache.

I've checked the logs and nothing interesting there, just warnings about large references and initially disabled stuff. Nothing saying "exception" or "error". I know it's bad, but may I dare to assume that this is not it. I will post them if required, just do some cleaning of personal data.

Thanks in advance!

Ehhm.. MUUUU!?

1 hour ago, LupusEtBorealis said:

Oh mighty!

We're summoning you. Here is a humble offering for Thee for thy mighty gift of DynDOLOD. Lastborn! ...or was it first... born. Well... amm... muu?

I don't think it's a bug. But I also don't think I'm doingv anythig wrong either. Maby some quirky setting? (though I reset ini...). The problem is here:

489830_20210525104753_1.thumb.jpg.fe3c4696052c11fab0c015d025d7aa32.jpg

(Maby there is a problem with ground texture as well? but im content with what it is) As you can see, there is some nice THICC dynamic grass, and next to it is what I suppose should be LOD grass. And there is. But... it seems kinda... lacking. The issue can kind of be "traced" to the atlas texture which looks like this:

DynDOLOD_Tamriel.thumb.jpg.c0c5cc408d2836f9eea76b1f0b08fa24.jpg

TexGen produces a least several different grass textures for my grass mod (Verdant), but they dont thow up in the atlas.

I've change my grass mod to verdant from veydosebrom because I've found somewhere a info that vedosebrom has some problem w object bounds not defined. The author of verdant confirms DynDOLOD grass works for him (just from his comments on his mod page). I've checked the formus, the internet, grass and other mods pages' I use. Removed grass booster, changed the gras ESP to NOT ESPFE, checked the ini's x10 and even changed my FOV setting, each time regenerating the dyndolod, texgens, even grass cache.

I've checked the logs and nothing interesting there, just warnings about large references and initially disabled stuff. Nothing saying "exception" or "error". I know it's bad, but may I dare to assume that this is not it. I will post them if required, just do some cleaning of personal data.

Thanks in advance!

Ehhm.. MUUUU!?

Read the first and second post. Check this thread for the grass mod you are using and do the troubleshooting steps already discussed with other users.

ATM there are known issues with grasses added by ESL flagged plugins. Either wait for next version or remove the flag from the plugins.

Also make sure to read the first and second post.

Just now, sheson said:

Read the first and second post. Check this thread for the grass mod you are using and do the troubleshooting steps already discussed with other users.

ATM there are known issues with grasses added by ESL flagged plugins. Either wait for next version or remove the flag from the plugins.

Also make sure to read the first and second post.

Thank's for pointing me in the right direction! (no, not RTFM)

As I wrote before - I was using Veydosebrom and the problem was the same. So I didn't search specifically for Verdant in the topic.

I've found a post saying it has problem with object bouds. I didn't want to fix that, so I searched for another mod.  Thing is Verdant's author said that it works for him therefore I assumed the part about recalculating the bounds doesn't apply. I was happy that I don't have to recalculate object bounds. I was wrong. Or more likely was unintentionally mislead.

So yeah, I did read the first two posts, like a bygfdrylion times, that was not the problem.

Anyway here's the offering: o-<-< (thank you)