DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

18 minutes ago, ikonomov said:

Does anybody know if Open Cities SE needs to be installed when generating No Grass In Objects cache?  As far as I can tell by reading the changelog for Open Cities it makes no changes to grass records.  (Edit: besides transferring the records to the Temriel worldspace I guess)

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. I do not support 3rd party mods or tools.

Full grass and thus grass cache is affected by plugins adding/changing GRAS, LTEX, LAND records.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sheson said:

While looking at the atlas, assuming it is one of the billboards below the Whiterun object LOD textures. They all have a 512 pixel vertical position, so there shouldn't really be any mipmap artifacts. Check the BTO they use the alpha texture atlas. Check the UV is 0.25 or maybe 0.250244 even.

I couldn't find any inconsistencies in the atlas layout/placement either, that's what I checked first. Here's an example reference:

image.png

Here is the BTO file of that cell cluster.

Tamriel.4.4.-12.bto

I am not entirely sure how to check the UV sets. I found many, some say 0.25 on the Y axis, others not.

9 hours ago, Phlunder said:

I couldn't find any inconsistencies in the atlas layout/placement either, that's what I checked first. Here's an example reference:

image.png

Here is the BTO file of that cell cluster.

Tamriel.4.4.-12.bto

I am not entirely sure how to check the UV sets. I found many, some say 0.25 on the Y axis, others not.

It is easier to check with NifSkope after converting the BTO to SSE format with CAO, because then you can select a vertex and its UV is part of the Vertex Data.

Do you remember if there was a graphics driver update in the meantime, changed INI settings related to mipmaps maybe?

Test if changing the Texture Clamp Mode to WRAP_S_WRAP_T in the shader changes anything in game. It shouldn't since it is the texture in the second row under the object LOD textures.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

It is easier to check with NifSkope after converting the BTO to SSE format with CAO, because then you can select a vertex and its UV is part of the Vertex Data.

Do you remember if there was a graphics driver update in the meantime, changed INI settings related to mipmaps maybe?

Test if changing the Texture Clamp Mode to WRAP_S_WRAP_T in the shader changes anything in game. It shouldn't since it is the texture in the second row under the object LOD textures.

No update that caused the issue to appear to my knowledge. I'm always using the latest Nvidia driver, which is currently 546.33. But thank you for making me look into other causes. INI settings for mip maps are default, but I found that the issue is caused by using the default ingame AA (I believe its MSAA), when I switch to FXAA the issue is gone. I also don't have this issue in my modded setup that uses ENB and its built-in AA methods.

Edit: Changing the Texture Clamp Mode to WRAP_S_WRAP_T didn't fix it. I guess its just something with the games built-in MSAA that causes issues. Not sure if its worth rolling back drivers for it, I am fine with using FXAA if I want to jump into my vanilla setup.

On 1/4/2024 at 11:20 AM, Phlunder said:

No update that caused the issue to appear to my knowledge. I'm always using the latest Nvidia driver, which is currently 546.33. But thank you for making me look into other causes. INI settings for mip maps are default, but I found that the issue is caused by using the default ingame AA (I believe its MSAA), when I switch to FXAA the issue is gone. I also don't have this issue in my modded setup that uses ENB and its built-in AA methods.

Edit: Changing the Texture Clamp Mode to WRAP_S_WRAP_T didn't fix it. I guess its just something with the games built-in MSAA that causes issues. Not sure if its worth rolling back drivers for it, I am fine with using FXAA if I want to jump into my vanilla setup.

Could you test if BTOs generated with this text version of LODGen https://mega.nz/file/AAwRmJCQ#o5CTFmNsibqiQUIGbbQ3P4xDQPz16xdWGKrfd4FVLz8 make any difference if AA is enabled?

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Could you test if BTOs generated with this text version of LODGen https://mega.nz/file/AAwRmJCQ#o5CTFmNsibqiQUIGbbQ3P4xDQPz16xdWGKrfd4FVLz8 make any difference if AA is enabled?

Testing it now, but this executable won't be used if I'm running the 64-bit version of DynDOLOD? Even if I use the 32-bit version of DynDOLOD, it lists the LODGen.exe as external tools.

31 minutes ago, Phlunder said:

Testing it now, but this executable won't be used if I'm running the 64-bit version of DynDOLOD? Even if I use the 32-bit version of DynDOLOD, it lists the LODGen.exe as external tools.

Uh, use this x64 version of course https://mega.nz/file/xcJ0wD6b#-Tn_Eizjm4GnlYiXFDE6QAS8QkVzGjQ7ItoOE3xckLo to replace the one in Edit Scripts, then execute LODGen for Tamariel in Expert Mode.

5 hours ago, Phlunder said:

Its less visible than before, but the issue itself persists.

This looks very similar to an old issue (description and resolution) which was fixed in Alpha 107 (Changelog: DynDOLOD.exe - fixed not clamping mipmap generation). I don't know if this information is helpful, as it could be the same effect from a different cause rather than a regression, but I'm pointing it out just in case.

• Thanks 1

Quick question:
I generated LOD grass, everything fine, but I wasnt ok with the FPS hit, 15 FPS more or less, so I did something silly: disabled NGIO, grass cache, etc, only left Dyndolod.
As expected, the FPS were back, but to my surprise the grass LODs stayed! free grass LODs! it only displayed an error, something like "dyndolod different script version" or something like that, I cant remember.
The game runs just fine, grass and LODs load normally with nothing weird, only some invisible wind mills but nothing more than that, Im pretty happy with it. But the Dyndolod MCM settings arent getting saved.
Is there a way to disable the startup error and make the MCM settings stay?

Thanks.

11 hours ago, Pepedemur said:

Quick question:
I generated LOD grass, everything fine, but I wasnt ok with the FPS hit, 15 FPS more or less, so I did something silly: disabled NGIO, grass cache, etc, only left Dyndolod.
As expected, the FPS were back, but to my surprise the grass LODs stayed! free grass LODs! it only displayed an error, something like "dyndolod different script version" or something like that, I cant remember.
The game runs just fine, grass and LODs load normally with nothing weird, only some invisible wind mills but nothing more than that, Im pretty happy with it. But the Dyndolod MCM settings arent getting saved.
Is there a way to disable the startup error and make the MCM settings stay?

Thanks.

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

As explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD, grass LOD generation requires grass cache files to generate grass LOD in object LOD. It is not really surprising, that generated object LOD works as it is designed to do.

If you have performance issues with full grass positions being loaded from grass cache files, but not when full grass positions are created every time new cells attach, then it most likely means, that the grass cache is out of date and should be updated.

If there is a message you need help with or you have questions about, then common sense is to reproduce the exact message. Any in-game error message, means there is a problem that should be fixed. Fixing the cause of the problem so that everything works, typically means there is no more message about the problem. The message may still be shown in the Last Message section of https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Main or can probably be found in the papyrus log. The https://dyndolod.info/FAQ may cover the message.

>only some invisible wind mills
That means LOD is not working normally and you should fix the error causing that.

It is unclear what MCM settings aren't getting saved. Most of the settings shown on the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM - Settings page https://dyndolod.info/Help/Mod-Configuration-Menu#Settings are just the game INI settings, which the game loads/saves from its INIs. If they change, then it typically means a third party mod is setting them, for example SSE FPS Stabilizer.

Question - how to I get Texgen to generate billboard_1, billboard_2 and billboard_3 tree lods?  I want to use Billboard 3 option with 3 planes but I notice it wants all 3 textures but my Texgen output only has *_1.dds and *_2.dds for each tree; there is no *_3.dds.  I don't see options for that in the Texgen_SSE.ini file.  Thanks!

Edited by vrnord

8 hours ago, vrnord said:

Question - how to I get Texgen to generate billboard_1, billboard_2 and billboard_3 tree lods?  I want to use Billboard 3 option with 3 planes but I notice it wants all 3 textures but my Texgen output only has *_1.dds and *_2.dds for each tree; there is no *_3.dds.  I don't see options for that in the Texgen_SSE.ini file.  Thanks!

If TexGen would be able to generate 3 planes, then it would be explained in the documentation.

13 hours ago, sheson said:

If TexGen would be able to generate 3 planes, then it would be explained in the documentation.

Does that mean Billboard 3 isn't actually usable, or that it reuses one of the textures twice?