DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

4 hours ago, sheson said:

I assume you do not have the old DynDOLOD logs anymore for that generation.

See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots how to make a useful screenshot of the full model with more informative console. It will show the reference and full model being used, which might be helpful in further troubleshooting.

Open Meshes\Terrain\Objects\Tamriel.4.36.4.bto in NifSkope and click the statue so its BSSubIndexTriShape is marked in the Block List window, unfold it to see its BSLightingShaderProperty, unfold that to highlight the BSShaderTextureSet, then the Block Details list the used textures that are missing. Restore those textures.

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I've screenshot what I found to show you the issue, as it looks like the textures are not missing.

Here is the .nif, and you can see the mess of a purple mesh where the statue is supposed to be.

Here is the texture set.

Here are the textures in my data folder.

Here is a preview of the .dds showing it works fine.

EDIT - is there a way to just remove this piece of the .nif outright? I don't mind if it pops in from LOD8 range, I just don't want to see a neon purple thing across the world and on my map. Thank you!

Edited by dnmt

13 minutes ago, dnmt said:

Thank you for the detailed instructions. I've screenshot what I found to show you the issue, as it looks like the textures are not missing.

Here is the .nif, and you can see the mess of a purple mesh where the statue is supposed to be.

Here is the texture set.

Here are the textures in my data folder.

Here is a preview of the .dds showing it works fine.

It is sufficient to report in a simple sentence that the textures seem to exist in MO2 right tab data folder.

Is the full model using the same textures (typically minus the Data\ prefix)?
Check the MO2 usvfs log for hints when the game tries to load the textures. You might have to increase the log level in Settings, Diagnostic tab.

4 minutes ago, sheson said:

It is sufficient to report in a simple sentence that the textures seem to exist in MO2 right tab data folder.

Is the full model using the same textures (typically minus the Data\ prefix)?
Check the MO2 usvfs log for hints when the game tries to load the textures. You might have to increase the log level in Settings, Diagnostic tab.

Yes, the full model uses the exact same textures. I opened the full model .nif in NifSkope and can confirm that.

7 minutes ago, dnmt said:

Yes, the full model uses the exact same textures. I opened the full model .nif in NifSkope and can confirm that.

Then there is no reason that the game should not be able to load and show the same textures for LOD.
Did the LOD ever show the actual textures?

7 minutes ago, sheson said:

Then there is no reason that the game should not be able to load and show the same textures for LOD.
Did the LOD ever show the actual textures?

The LOD shows the textures at what I think is LOD4 and LOD8. I selected "Full" for all 4 LOD Levels when generating DynDOLOD, which is probably the root of my mistake. I can't use the MO2 log as there isn't a point where the game tries to load the textures - they are always loaded. I can see the neon purple broken mesh from across the map (i.e. looking towards the Shrine from the path near Stillborn Cave) and also on my literal world map.

I don't mind waiting, so I might just try to update my DynDOLOD completely with the method you've outlined for updating mid-game.

Edited by dnmt

15 minutes ago, dnmt said:

The LOD shows the textures at what I think is LOD4 and LOD8. I selected "Full" for all 4 LOD Levels when generating DynDOLOD, which is probably the root of my mistake. I can't use the MO2 log as there isn't a point where the game tries to load the textures - they are always loaded. I can see the neon purple broken mesh from across the map (i.e. looking towards the Shrine from the path near Stillborn Cave) and also on my literal world map.

I don't mind waiting, so I might just try to update my DynDOLOD completely with the method you've outlined for updating mid-game.

The game has to load every asset when it starts, loads a save and then while moving around in the worldspace. Every loose asset the game loads is reported in the log (debug log level) with the virtual path and its physical path.

Check the textures being used in the higher LOD levels Tamriel.8.32.0.bto and Tamriel.16.32.0.bto then.

13 minutes ago, sheson said:

The game has to load every asset when it starts, loads a save and then while moving around in the worldspace. Every loose asset the game loads is reported in the log (debug log level) with the virtual path and its physical path.

Check the textures being used in the higher LOD levels Tamriel.8.32.0.bto and Tamriel.16.32.0.bto then.

The same textures are being used in the Higher LOD level .bto files.

I also ran a debug level log as requested. It is pretty large so I had to upload as a .zip to my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YfqCDUbOF9YrJ00JMwEATQqj0DMJQIhs/view?usp=sharing

25 minutes ago, dnmt said:

The same textures are being used in the Higher LOD level .bto files.

I also ran a debug level log as requested. It is pretty large so I had to upload as a .zip to my Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YfqCDUbOF9YrJ00JMwEATQqj0DMJQIhs/view?usp=sharing

Here are the matching lines from the log which you find when checking the log as suggested:

10:06:04.848 <55684:56516> [D] hook_GetFileAttributesExW [lpFileName=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\TEXTURES\M_boathiah_shrine\boe_d.dds] [reroute.fileName()=C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\mods\Daedric Shrines - All in One\textures\M_boathiah_shrine\boe_d.dds] [fInfoLevelId=0] [res=1] [resAttrib=20] [originalError=18] [fixedError=18]

10:09:00.579 <55684:55648> [D] hook_GetFileAttributesW [lpFileName=\??\C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\TEXTURES\M_boathiah_shrine\boe_d.dds] [reroute.fileName()=C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\mods\Daedric Shrines - All in One\textures\M_boathiah_shrine\boe_d.dds] [res=20] [originalError=0] [fixedError=0]

10:09:00.579 <55684:55648> [D] ntdll_mess_NtCreateFile [inPathW=\??\C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\TEXTURES\M_boathiah_shrine\boe_d.dds] [rerouter.fileName()=C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\mods\Daedric Shrines - All in One\textures\M_boathiah_shrine\boe_d.dds] [DesiredAccess=80100080] [originalDisposition=1] [CreateDisposition=1] [FileAttributes=0] [res=0] [*FileHandle=0000000000002888] [rerouter.originalError()=0] [rerouter.error()=0]

As far as I can tell the last two lines mean the file was loaded, which is expected if the full model and LOD level 4 show it.

What you seem to report is that the full model and LOD Level 4 bto show the textures while LOD level 16 bto seems to show purple for the exact same textures.
As far I am aware tough, only missing textures cause the typical purple replacement. Double check that nothing overwrites the BTO files you are checking. Use MO2 right data tab to find the BTO files with the "mod" column enabled to see that their sources are the same, the DynDOLOD output.
If the BSTextureSets are identical, check for differences in the BSLightingShaderProperty.
If you are confident you are checking the right files and can not find anything, upload all the full model and textures and the BTOs.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Here are the matching lines from the log which you find when checking the log as suggested:

10:06:04.848 <55684:56516> [D] hook_GetFileAttributesExW [lpFileName=C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\TEXTURES\M_boathiah_shrine\boe_d.dds] [reroute.fileName()=C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\mods\Daedric Shrines - All in One\textures\M_boathiah_shrine\boe_d.dds] [fInfoLevelId=0] [res=1] [resAttrib=20] [originalError=18] [fixedError=18]

10:09:00.579 <55684:55648> [D] hook_GetFileAttributesW [lpFileName=\??\C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\TEXTURES\M_boathiah_shrine\boe_d.dds] [reroute.fileName()=C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\mods\Daedric Shrines - All in One\textures\M_boathiah_shrine\boe_d.dds] [res=20] [originalError=0] [fixedError=0]

10:09:00.579 <55684:55648> [D] ntdll_mess_NtCreateFile [inPathW=\??\C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\data\TEXTURES\M_boathiah_shrine\boe_d.dds] [rerouter.fileName()=C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer\SkyrimSE\mods\Daedric Shrines - All in One\textures\M_boathiah_shrine\boe_d.dds] [DesiredAccess=80100080] [originalDisposition=1] [CreateDisposition=1] [FileAttributes=0] [res=0] [*FileHandle=0000000000002888] [rerouter.originalError()=0] [rerouter.error()=0]

As far as I can tell the last two lines mean the file was loaded, which is expected if the full model and LOD level 4 show it.

What you seem to report is that the full model and LOD Level 4 bto show the textures while LOD level 16 bto seems to show purple for the exact same textures.
As far I am aware tough, only missing textures cause the typical purple replacement. Double check that nothing overwrites the BTO files you are checking. Use MO2 right data tab to find the BTO files with the "mod" column enabled to see that their sources are the same, the DynDOLOD output.
If the BSTextureSets are identical, check for differences in the BSLightingShaderProperty.
If you are confident you are checking the right files and can not find anything, upload all the full model and textures and the BTOs.

Thanks. I kind of just want to give up on this entirely and just re-run my whole DynDOLOD without adding any mesh rules for the shrine. The problem is, I've tried this, and used the Clean Save guide on how to do it, and my existing save doesn't recognize the new DynDOLOD and Occlusion plugins at all. DynDOLOD never initializes when I leave my clean save interior to Skyrim. Is there a log I can upload to help troubleshoot this? I've had no problems at all when generating, but it won't even initialize when I start a new game either. 

Also, for what it's worth, I fixed the problem I am having now by simply pasting over the appropriate Tamriel.4, .8, .16 and .32 .bto files from the new DynDOLOD generation into my old DynDOLOD folder. This resolved the issue as the purple mesh is gone from the game world and the map. I can't get my game to recognize the DynDOLOD plugins that the new generation created, but this works as a stopgap for me for the time being as my purple mesh LOD for the shrine and the purple mesh on the map are both removed with the new .bto files.

Edited by dnmt

2 hours ago, dnmt said:

Thanks. I kind of just want to give up on this entirely and just re-run my whole DynDOLOD without adding any mesh rules for the shrine. The problem is, I've tried this, and used the Clean Save guide on how to do it, and my existing save doesn't recognize the new DynDOLOD and Occlusion plugins at all. DynDOLOD never initializes when I leave my clean save interior to Skyrim. Is there a log I can upload to help troubleshoot this? I've had no problems at all when generating, but it won't even initialize when I start a new game either. 

Also, for what it's worth, I fixed the problem I am having now by simply pasting over the appropriate Tamriel.4, .8, .16 and .32 .bto files from the new DynDOLOD generation into my old DynDOLOD folder. This resolved the issue as the purple mesh is gone from the game world and the map. I can't get my game to recognize the DynDOLOD plugins that the new generation created, but this works as a stopgap for me for the time being as my purple mesh LOD for the shrine and the purple mesh on the map are both removed with the new .bto files.

Simply do the troubleshooting steps I suggested. Since it makes no sense that one NIF using texture A works and another NIF using the same texture A shows purple texture instead. This is a case that is worth finding the actual cause of the issue. I takes not a minute to verify the mod source for the LOD files as suggest. It also does not take long to zip and upload the files as suggested. I would like to see this mystery for myself and solved.

The new problem report (without any logs ) also makes not much sense.
The game loads all plugins that are in the data folder and listed in the plugins.txt. The existing save is typically irrelevant for which plugins are loaded, because that happened when starting the game before loading the save. Stating a new save, starting a text with coc whiterun from main menu console or loading a save should all behave the same way. Make sure the plugins are enabled in MO2 right window. Test with a new game.

Is the load order maybe over the max plugin limit of 254 ESM + ESP full plugins?
Is engine fixes installed? Is MaxStdio in EngineFixes.toml set to the maximum the OS supports?
In case runtime 1.6.1130 is used, set EnableAchievementsWithMods, SaveAddedSoundCategories and SaveScreenshots to false.

Read the first post /and or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which logs to check/upload upload. This includes the papyrus logs.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Simply do the troubleshooting steps I suggested. Since it makes no sense that one NIF using texture A works and another NIF using the same texture A shows purple texture instead. This is a case that is worth finding the actual cause of the issue. I takes not a minute to verify the mod source for the LOD files as suggest. It also does not take long to zip and upload the files as suggested. I would like to see this mystery for myself and solved.

The new problem report (without any logs ) also makes not much sense.
The game loads all plugins that are in the data folder and listed in the plugins.txt. The existing save is typically irrelevant for which plugins are loaded, because that happened when starting the game before loading the save. Stating a new save, starting a text with coc whiterun from main menu console or loading a save should all behave the same way. Make sure the plugins are enabled in MO2 right window. Test with a new game.

Is the load order maybe over the max plugin limit of 254 ESM + ESP full plugins?
Is engine fixes installed? Is MaxStdio in EngineFixes.toml set to the maximum the OS supports?
In case runtime 1.6.1130 is used, set EnableAchievementsWithMods, SaveAddedSoundCategories and SaveScreenshots to false.

Read the first post /and or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which logs to check/upload upload. This includes the papyrus logs.

Thanks. I can confirm the following:

-  nothing overwrites the BTO files

- the Lighting Shader Property looks the same as well.

Here are the broken .bto files, the Level4 one shows very clearly where the broken mesh is on the Shrine.

The mesh in question is from the Daedric Shrines All-In-One, but the files in question are identical to what is in this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59499

As for the new plugins not initializing, I am not sure what to say. I can look tonight to find the logs, but I am a pretty advanced user and have been generating DynDOLOD successfully for a few years now. I've never once had this issue of the plugins simply not initializing at all. Will take a look at the documentation again but it's really pretty bizarre. I've uploaded the two logs from the DynDOLOD run that generated the plugins that won't initialize. If those don't help, I can take a look later and upload what you'd need (here is the debut.txt, was too big to attach). Literally about to run out the door so apologies for brevity. Appreciate your assistance as always.

Sorry for the confusion here. The broken .bto files are from my old DynDOLOD generation that functions but has these issues of a broken mesh/texture, and the logs are from a second, new DynDOLOD generation that created plugins that won't initialize. Kind of throwing two separate problems at you here, but a resolution to either of them solves my problem entirely. Thanks again.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt

Edited by dnmt

2 hours ago, dnmt said:

Thanks. I can confirm the following:

-  nothing overwrites the BTO files

- the Lighting Shader Property looks the same as well.

Here are the broken .bto files, the Level4 one shows very clearly where the broken mesh is on the Shrine.

The mesh in question is from the Daedric Shrines All-In-One, but the files in question are identical to what is in this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59499

As for the new plugins not initializing, I am not sure what to say. I can look tonight to find the logs, but I am a pretty advanced user and have been generating DynDOLOD successfully for a few years now. I've never once had this issue of the plugins simply not initializing at all. Will take a look at the documentation again but it's really pretty bizarre. I've uploaded the two logs from the DynDOLOD run that generated the plugins that won't initialize. If those don't help, I can take a look later and upload what you'd need (here is the debut.txt, was too big to attach). Literally about to run out the door so apologies for brevity. Appreciate your assistance as always.

Sorry for the confusion here. The broken .bto files are from my old DynDOLOD generation that functions but has these issues of a broken mesh/texture, and the logs are from a second, new DynDOLOD generation that created plugins that won't initialize. Kind of throwing two separate problems at you here, but a resolution to either of them solves my problem entirely. Thanks again.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.22 MB · 0 downloads LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt 48.9 kB · 0 downloads

There are two models overlapping each other. The second model defines Data\Textures\Default.dds, which does not exist.
The overlapping models with the weird geometry happen because the full model has havok, is animated, has particles and lots of things that are not supported and suitable for object LOD.  For LOD generation there should be a static "LOD" model with all these things removed so that only the actual 3D remains and the tools do not try to generate LOD with animation and beams etc with then happen to have the Default.dds.
This affects all 3 files, so all LOD Levels. The LOD always had the problem form the start.

Download and use the latest DynDOLOD Standalone 3 Alpha and DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 versions to generate LOD from scratch. This time without setting this full model to be used for object LOD, since it is not suitable.
Make sure that Backported Extended ESL Support is installed.
Make sure the DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts overwrite DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.
Then start the game and test everything works with "coc whiterun" from main menu console. If that works, restart the game and load an interior save and go outside.
If there are any problems in the game post the DynDOLOD log, DynDOLOD debug log and papyrus logs as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs and the c:\Users\deana\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\DynDOLOD.log as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds#Testing

Hi, I am having problems with this version of dyndolod, I finished running Textgen without any problems but dyndolon is having the same problem over and over while running. Any ideas about it? If you need more info I can send it. image.thumb.png.11c2edd3b3657645851da3de65ddee83.png

1 minute ago, ridex said:

See the OP for the logs to include, depending on your situation.

You need to "Click on this link" in the error message as explained in the OP to understand the issue and what logs to include.