DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

On 12/24/2023 at 4:09 PM, quochunganhphu said:

new version of Dyndolod keeps forwarding vanilla water LOD record, im currently using Water of ENB which use another water LOD, disable Dyndolod fixed it

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Posts-Logs which log, debug log to upload when making posts.

See https://dyndolod.info/Changelog for Alpha-160
DynDOLOD.exe - added support for Partial Form flag
DynDOLOD.exe - added PartialWorldspace and PartialPersistentCell INI settings to set the partial form flag on these overwrite records in the DynDOLOD and occlusion plugins

In the changelog entry, you can hover the term Partial Form Flag for a hint or check https://dyndolod.info/Terminology:
Records that have the Partial Form flag set do not overwrite the data of the record from the plugin loaded before them. Only a few record types support it.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-162/page/592/#elControls_276351_menu

This means the game should use the record from the last plugin before DynDOLOD.esp and Occlusion.esp as they do not contain/overwrite it.

48 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Posts-Logs which log, debug log to upload when making posts.

See https://dyndolod.info/Changelog for Alpha-160
DynDOLOD.exe - added support for Partial Form flag
DynDOLOD.exe - added PartialWorldspace and PartialPersistentCell INI settings to set the partial form flag on these overwrite records in the DynDOLOD and occlusion plugins

In the changelog entry, you can hover the term Partial Form Flag for a hint or check https://dyndolod.info/Terminology:
Records that have the Partial Form flag set do not overwrite the data of the record from the plugin loaded before them. Only a few record types support it.

https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/17510-dyndolod-300-alpha-162/page/592/#elControls_276351_menu

This means the gama should use the record from the last plugin before DynDOLOD.esp and Occlusion.esp as they do not contain/overwrite it.

image.thumb.png.ce3459ec6a069a4301a4d5c67c1b3f86.png

then what should i do next, the last plugin loaded before dyndolod and occlusion esp does have the correct water LOD, but when i check in sseedit it still get overwrited somehow 

Logs.rar

1 hour ago, quochunganhphu said:

image.thumb.png.ce3459ec6a069a4301a4d5c67c1b3f86.png

then what should i do next, the last plugin loaded before dyndolod and occlusion esp does have the correct water LOD, but when i check in sseedit it still get overwrited somehow 

Logs.rar 1.2 MB · 1 download

The logs only show starting the tool without the generation.

The game should be using the records from the last plugin to contain them. If the load order in the game is the same as the one shown by the xEdit screenshot, it should be the one from Northern Roads - Water for ENB (Shades of Skyrim) - Water patch.esp

If you want DynDOLOD.esp and Occlusion.esp to not use the partial form flag and instead copy the record from the last plugin so it stays the same even if the load order before them changes, set PartialWorldspace=0 in H:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini>

[00:11] Large reference bugs workarounds requirements not met. DynDOLOD.DLL: NG, Scripts: NG, Deleted references: yes Either meet all requirements or remove DynDOLOD.DLL NG and Scripts from the load order. Deleted reference Update.esm [REFR:000C8701] (places TreeDeadShrub [TREE:000A731C] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of FrostflowLighthouseExterior01 [CELL:00008F29] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 15,21))
[00:11] 00000000 ???                                  
00ecb3d2 DynDOLODx64.exe DynDOLODMain   10707 DynDOLODMainInit
00fc86dc DynDOLODx64.exe xeMainForm      4887 TfrmMain.DoGenerateLOD
01029168 DynDOLODx64.exe xeMainForm     17721 TfrmMain.tmrGeneratorTimer
007bed20 DynDOLODx64.exe Vcl.ExtCtrls         TTimer.Timer
007beb48 DynDOLODx64.exe Vcl.ExtCtrls         TTimer.WndProc
005e3693 DynDOLODx64.exe System.Classes       StdWndProc
7ff98728 USER32.dll                           DispatchMessageW
0085e2fe DynDOLODx64.exe Vcl.Forms            TApplication.ProcessMessage
0085e373 DynDOLODx64.exe Vcl.Forms            TApplication.HandleMessage
0085e7ca DynDOLODx64.exe Vcl.Forms            TApplication.Run
01d4a420 DynDOLODx64.exe DynDOLOD         184 initialization
7ff98793 KERNEL32.DLL                         BaseThreadInitThunk
7ff988e2 ntdll.dll                            RtlUserThreadStart
[00:11] [TMessageDialog.Dialog] <Debug: Creating TTaskDialog>
[00:11] [TMessageDialog.Dialog] <Debug: [TMessageDialog.Dialog] Executing TTaskDialog>
<Error: Deleted reference Update.esm [REFR:000C8701] (places TreeDeadShrub [TREE:000A731C] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of FrostflowLighthouseExterior01 [CELL:00008F29] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 15,21))>
Large reference bugs workarounds: disabled (DynDOLOD.DLL: NG, Scripts: NG, Deleted references: yes)

^ when I run DynDOLOD64.exe after TexGen64.exe. 

Please dont send me back to: "https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds" It is of no help at my level of understanding of the mechanics at this time.

I attempted the following:
1. Downloaded DynDOLOD 3 Alpha ( 162 ) because of this message on 2.x's POSTS. My Skyrim SE version is 1.6.1130.

"DynDOLOD 2.x will not work with game plugins version 1.71 or higher used by runtime version 1.6.1130 or higher. Use DynDOLOD 3 Alpha instead."

2. Next, based on the instructions offered here and the helpful graphic here in his video by this gentlemen here, I proceeded to download the remaining dependencies. That is, "DynDOLOD Resources SE 3and " DynDOLOD DLL NG" ( specifically: DynDOLOD DLL NG 1.6.1130 and Scripts 3.00 ). I used NG because of the table here and the following on the Description page at nexusmods: 

This is used instead of PapyrusUtil / DynDOLOD DLL SE/VR.

3. Finally, I ran TexGenx64 successfully, followed by DynDOLOGx64.exe which failed with error snippet and logs ( attached ).

Please advise.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt

Edited by kaytu
Hyperlink was missing

2 hours ago, kaytu said:
[00:11] Large reference bugs workarounds requirements not met. DynDOLOD.DLL: NG, Scripts: NG, Deleted references: yes Either meet all requirements or remove DynDOLOD.DLL NG and Scripts from the load order. Deleted reference Update.esm [REFR:000C8701] (places TreeDeadShrub [TREE:000A731C] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of FrostflowLighthouseExterior01 [CELL:00008F29] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 15,21))
[00:11] [TMessageDialog.Dialog] <Debug: [TMessageDialog.Dialog] Executing TTaskDialog>
<Error: Deleted reference Update.esm [REFR:000C8701] (places TreeDeadShrub [TREE:000A731C] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of FrostflowLighthouseExterior01 [CELL:00008F29] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 15,21))>
Large reference bugs workarounds: disabled (DynDOLOD.DLL: NG, Scripts: NG, Deleted references: yes)

Please dont send me back to: "https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds" It is of no help at my level of understanding of the mechanics at this time.

1. Downloaded DynDOLOD 3 Alpha ( 162 ) because of this message on 2.x's POSTS. My Skyrim SE version is 1.6.1130.

2. Next, based on the instructions offered here and the helpful graphic here in his video by this gentlemen here, I proceeded to download the remaining dependencies. That is, "DynDOLOD Resources SE 3and " DynDOLOD DLL NG" ( specifically: DynDOLOD DLL NG 1.6.1130 and Scripts 3.00 ). I used NG because of the table here and the following on the Description page at nexusmods: 

3. Finally, I ran TexGenx64 successfully, followed by DynDOLOGx64.exe which failed with error snippet and logs ( attached ).

Please advise.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 90.79 kB · 0 downloads

Your issue seems to be that you did not clean your vanilla plugins of identical to master (ITM) records and undelete and disable references (UDRs) that were improperly 'deleted'. Use LOOT to sort your plugins, and note the yellow warning labels and messages on plugins that are 'dirty'. These must all be cleaned with xEditQuickAutoClean. See our instructions:

See DynDOLOD DLL NG - Large Reference Bugs Workarounds

In case a deleted large reference is found and the log and the Large reference bugs workarounds requirements not met error message report Deleted references: yes, the message will contain a line that mentions the plugin that requires cleaning like this:

Deleted reference Update.esm [REFR:000C8701] (places TreeDeadShrub [TREE:000A731C] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of FrostflowLighthouseExterior01 [CELL:00008F29] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 15,21))>

3 hours ago, kaytu said:

Please advise.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt 90.79 kB · 0 downloads

Simply read and follow the official generation instructions under https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites to clean plugins. It is clearly explained several times to be a requirement for the large reference bugs workarounds, and then again as the fix for the message, which states the plugin name to be cleaned.

The instructions link to https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/7-mod-cleaning-and-error-checking.html so even if you do not know yet what it means exactly, learning about and howto fulfill the requirement is just a click away. Cleaning is a well known, well explained rudimentary modding step that people typically learn when they read about setting up their load order long before using advanced tools like DynDOLOD.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Simply read and follow the official generation instructions under https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites to clean plugins. It is clearly explained several times to be a requirement for the large reference bugs workarounds, and then again as the fix for the message, which states the plugin name to be cleaned.

The instructions link to https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/7-mod-cleaning-and-error-checking.html so even if you do not know yet what it means exactly, learning about and howto fulfill the requirement is just a click away. Cleaning is a well known, well explained rudimentary modding step that people typically learn when they read about setting up their load order long before using advanced tools like DynDOLOD.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

Your issue seems to be that you did not clean your vanilla plugins of identical to master (ITM) records and undelete and disable references (UDRs) that were improperly 'deleted'. Use LOOT to sort your plugins, and note the yellow warning labels and messages on plugins that are 'dirty'. These must all be cleaned with xEditQuickAutoClean. See our instructions:

See DynDOLOD DLL NG - Large Reference Bugs Workarounds

It appears from the instructions on both sets of links shared that 'cleaning' is valid when a plugin is active. To be clear, the steps I shared before, had not got to the point where I could see a plugin in Vortex.

Here are some screenshots of mods/plugins/load-order-rules that might be more informative.
image.thumb.png.64bd2bcacd9d12c52b1090993e618b13.pngimage.thumb.png.ad8cf741549da8489c95a783ec8f6b21.pngimage.thumb.png.6586b97a9a7225e39ba702307b0fa4de.pngimage.thumb.png.496e615035a99bd3e16e40ace4ca7419.png

I haven't gotten much far into playing the game itself ( downloaded it a couple of days ago ) so I don't mind starting from scratch and re-installing the damn thing.

Please advise.

2 hours ago, kaytu said:

It appears from the instructions on both sets of links shared that 'cleaning' is valid when a plugin is active. To be clear, the steps I shared before, had not got to the point where I could see a plugin in Vortex.

Here are some screenshots of mods/plugins/load-order-rules that might be more informative.
image.thumb.png.64bd2bcacd9d12c52b1090993e618b13.pngimage.thumb.png.ad8cf741549da8489c95a783ec8f6b21.pngimage.thumb.png.6586b97a9a7225e39ba702307b0fa4de.pngimage.thumb.png.496e615035a99bd3e16e40ace4ca7419.png

I haven't gotten much far into playing the game itself ( downloaded it a couple of days ago ) so I don't mind starting from scratch and re-installing the damn thing.

Please advise.

You need to run Loot from within Vortex to easily understand what vanilla plugins need to be cleaned. Alternatively, you can run Loot standalone. Either way, you need to run xEditQuickAutoClean as well from within Vortex or standalone.

We use MO around here and can't speak much to Vortex. Like MO, the vanilla plugins are not active in Vortex, because they are p[art of the base game and activated inherently by the game itself. That doesn't matter. I know launching Loot and xEdit (and xEditQuickAutoClean) can be done through Vortex (just as DynDOLOD should be launched through Vortex). I think it's set up under the Extensions pane. Try watching this vid, or google running Loot from Vortex.

Otherwise, the links I provided teach you how to do this in MO. Vortex works similarly to MO, but this forum is for DynDOLOD Alpha information. Once you have learned how to clean the dirty plugins using Vortex or MO or xEdit itself, you can post back here if you still have problems with DynDOLOD Alpha.

2 hours ago, kaytu said:

Please advise.

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. The DynDOLOD manual is not a modding guide that explains rudimentary modding practice and 3rd party tools.

If you require help with Vortex, you should read its manual and ask questions on its support forum.

38 minutes ago, z929669 said:

You need to run Loot from within Vortex to easily understand what vanilla plugins need to be cleaned. Alternatively, you can run Loot standalone. Either way, you need to run xEditQuickAutoClean as well from within Vortex or standalone.

We use MO around here and can't speak much to Vortex. Like MO, the vanilla plugins are not active in Vortex, because they are p[art of the base game and activated inherently by the game itself. That doesn't matter. I know launching Loot and xEdit (and xEditQuickAutoClean) can be done through Vortex (just as DynDOLOD should be launched through Vortex). I think it's set up under the Extensions pane. Try watching this vid, or google running Loot from Vortex.

Otherwise, the links I provided teach you how to do this in MO. Vortex works similarly to MO, but this forum is for DynDOLOD Alpha information. Once you have learned how to clean the dirty plugins using Vortex or MO or xEdit itself, you can post back here if you still have problems with DynDOLOD Alpha.

Thank you @z929669
I was able to figure out the problems and like you suggested earlier, I had to run xEdit ( QAC ). I ran it through Vortex like a utility for every error that DynDOLOD gave ( it pretty much threw one for each of the base esm's. ). 

12 minutes ago, sheson said:

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha thread. The DynDOLOD manual is not a modding guide that explains rudimentary modding practice and 3rd party tools.

If you require help with Vortex, you should read its manual and ask questions on its support forum.

Thank you @sheson. I can imagine how newbies like myself can be irritating. Nonetheless, this forum was able to help me resolve some stuff and I appreciate that. Hopefully, gradually I will learn.

Hi @sheson, I was told to ask you regarding a question I've been having about grass fade. You can read about everything so far from this forum post: STEP Topic Post.

I have an issue where my grass fades before my LOD kicks in, and for some reason this issue only happens on Grass Cache Helper NG but not on NGIO. Here's a new image of my current testing setup where the issue still occurs: IMGUR Link The image is not from the exact same location but I think it should give enough of an idea what the issue exactly is. After discussing with others such as shizof, all of my configs should be 100% correct, but this fade issue keeps occurring. However, I was told to run a fresh grass cache and DynDOLOD generation and give you the logs as you are quite knowledgeable on these matters. Logs ZIP Download I also only ran the cache and DynDOLOD gen for only "Tamriel" and default, as I felt it unnecessary to generate for other things and it speeds up the process significantly.

I think I've really tried everything, but I hope you can find something to help me out here as I do want to run Skyrim 1.6, not 1.5. Also if we do find this issue, I'd love to pass it on to shizof as I think he'd be glad to fix it or at least warn users how to fix it. Thanks again, and enjoy your holidays!

14 hours ago, bruhcubed said:

Hi @sheson, I was told to ask you regarding a question I've been having about grass fade. You can read about everything so far from this forum post: STEP Topic Post.

I have an issue where my grass fades before my LOD kicks in, and for some reason this issue only happens on Grass Cache Helper NG but not on NGIO. Here's a new image of my current testing setup where the issue still occurs: IMGUR Link The image is not from the exact same location but I think it should give enough of an idea what the issue exactly is. After discussing with others such as shizof, all of my configs should be 100% correct, but this fade issue keeps occurring. However, I was told to run a fresh grass cache and DynDOLOD generation and give you the logs as you are quite knowledgeable on these matters. Logs ZIP Download I also only ran the cache and DynDOLOD gen for only "Tamriel" and default, as I felt it unnecessary to generate for other things and it speeds up the process significantly.

I think I've really tried everything, but I hope you can find something to help me out here as I do want to run Skyrim 1.6, not 1.5. Also if we do find this issue, I'd love to pass it on to shizof as I think he'd be glad to fix it or at least warn users how to fix it. Thanks again, and enjoy your holidays!

The grass cache does not affect how far full grass is rendered in the active cells. Grass LOD generation does not affect full grass. DynDOLOD does not affect full grass.

>for some reason this issue only happens on Grass Cache Helper NG but not on NGIO.
The log shows you generated LOD for 1.5.97. Use NGIO and set it to DynDOLODGrassMode=1 so it renders full grass to the square edges of the uGridsToLoad.
Otherwise make sure that the Skyrim INI settings that control grass distance are set high enough so full grass renders to the edge of the active cells.

6 hours ago, Kansas72 said:

Just updated all DynDOLOD mods and my "textures do not match" blew up.  I included the doc file.  Just curious if others have had this issue.  Not even sure where to start.

DynDOLOD_Summary_TexturesDoNotMatch.doc 26.48 kB · 0 downloads

Read the fist post and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Posts-Logs which DynDOLOD log and debug log to upload when making posts.

Obviously start by reading https://dyndolod.info/Messages/Textures-Do-Not-Match

35 minutes ago, sheson said:

The grass cache does not affect how far full grass is rendered in the active cells. Grass LOD generation does not affect full grass. DynDOLOD does not affect full grass.

>for some reason this issue only happens on Grass Cache Helper NG but not on NGIO.
The log shows you generated LOD for 1.5.97. Use NGIO and set it to DynDOLODGrassMode=1 so it renders full grass to the square edges of the uGridsToLoad.
Otherwise make sure that the Skyrim INI settings that control grass distance are set high enough so full grass renders to the edge of the active cells.

I am aware that grass rendered in active cells is not affected by DynDOLOD, and also NGIO does function as it should and I'm using the correct config files. The issue is that when I make an upgrade to 1.6, in which I cannot use NGIO, the grass in active cells simply refuses to stop fading even with all of my settings in the inis being all correct with no other mods overwriting it. I have tried this multiple times (probably well over 10 times following STEP guides, your guides, others inis and grass caches etc.) and nothing I do fixes it except NGIO which I find strange. I am also aware that this really does not have much to do with LODs which is why I did not use this forum originally, but I was suggested by @z929669 to make a post here to try to see if your logs or yourself with knowledge on this topic would reveal something about a config issue. I understand if its not possible however and your mod DynDOLOD works perfectly as it should. If nothing can be done then, enjoy the rest of your day.