DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

21 minutes ago, CBSkyrimModding said:

Updating that added much more configurability in the TexGen and DynDOLOD wizards, which is nice, but now I've been encountering tons of different errors at various stages of the process. I'm currently stuck at generating TexGen_Output, which is encountering:

Last line of the log reads:

The process fails with the same error at different points each time (files other than minerockwall03.dds). I've read through the error documentation and forums but haven't found anything specifically addressing error 800705AA, although I've implemented suggested fixes for other error codes that are related to insufficient system resources - restarting computer, closing browser and as many system processes as possible, ensuring the output path isn't in a forbidden location (it wasn't) and that the x64 version of TexGen is being used (it is) - without success. I've also tried to implement the following instructions from earlier in this thread:

However, I don't have a Worlds.pas file in my Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD folder. Any idea what's going on, generally and/or in regard the missing Worlds.pas file? Thanks so much for your help.

You will be asked to upload your logs as described in the OP. Also any bugreport.txt if exists.

1 hour ago, CBSkyrimModding said:

Updating that added much more configurability in the TexGen and DynDOLOD wizards, which is nice, but now I've been encountering tons of different errors at various stages of the process. I'm currently stuck at generating TexGen_Output, which is encountering:

Last line of the log reads:

The process fails with the same error at different points each time (files other than minerockwall03.dds). I've read through the error documentation and forums but haven't found anything specifically addressing error 800705AA, although I've implemented suggested fixes for other error codes that are related to insufficient system resources - restarting computer, closing browser and as many system processes as possible, ensuring the output path isn't in a forbidden location (it wasn't) and that the x64 version of TexGen is being used (it is) - without success. I've also tried to implement the following instructions from earlier in this thread:

However, I don't have a Worlds.pas file in my Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD folder. Any idea what's going on, generally and/or in regard the missing Worlds.pas file? Thanks so much for your help.

Read the first post which log files and bugreport.txt if it exists to upload when making posts.

Nobody knows what "tons of different errors at various stages" means or what their cause is. Maybe this error message is the result of other problems.

The error message from Texconv is kind of self explanatory. Seems it can not acquire enough main memory or VRAM to convert a texture.
If more than one graphics card exists make sure the first one is the better one. 
An obvious first troubleshooting step would be to check the textures\dungeons\mines\minerockwall03.dds is not corrupt and can be read with an image viewer without problem. While you are at it, checks its resolution. Then maybe try to convert it with texconv on the command prompt directly to see if that works or not.
Another reason might OS, antivir etc interfering with read/write  access.

DynDOLOD 3.x has no external scripts anymore. DynDOLOD_Worlds.pas was for DynDOLOD and not TexGen anyways.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

You will be asked to upload your logs as described in the OP. Also any bugreport.txt if exists.

Whoops, here's the SSE_log and bugreport.txt file. Can't fit the other log in this post cause of the 1MB max, so I'll attach in in another post.

Edit: hmmm, the TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt is larger than 1MB. Am I supposed to cull some of the data in order to upload it?

bugreport.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Edited by CBSkyrimModding

29 minutes ago, CBSkyrimModding said:

Whoops, here's the SSE_log and bugreport.txt file. Can't fit the other log in this post cause of the 1MB max, so I'll attach in in another post.

Edit: hmmm, the TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt is larger than 1MB. Am I supposed to cull some of the data in order to upload it?

bugreport.txt 104.47 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 738.63 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post or my signature which both explain to use an file service to upload logfiles.

Check with task manager that there no hidden Texconv zombie process from earlier unsuccessful runs. Maybe reboot. Delete old unsuccessful output and temp folder.

Make sure to not use anything else while running TexGen, especially not anything that makes heavy use of the graphics card.

Test if Texgen runs through if you only select stitched object LOD (the billboards and rendered object LOD went through fine in the last run). You can merge the output of the different texture types.

Test if it runs through if you set DXT5  for diffuse alpha/normal specular and DXT1 for diffuse/normal.

Then test A8R8G8B8 and R8G8B8. These uncompressed formats will not require the use of Texconv. Convert textures with Texocnv or another tool afterwards.

7 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post or my signature which both explain to use an file service to upload logfiles.

Apologies, thanks for your patience. Here you go:

bugreport
https://paste.ee/p/W6taj

texgen_SSE_log
https://paste.ee/p/zdrYb

texgen_SSE_Debug_log
https://paste.ee/p/ftUB0

I understand that there is an issue with memory, so I researched it both on these forums and elsewhere. Solutions included restarting the computer, closing as many system processes as possible, ensuring that the 64-bit exe is used, etc. None of these have solved the problem, unfortunately. My laptop is fairly new and only has one graphics card. I believe the files themselves aren't corrupt, since they were working with DynDOLOD 2.97 (unless I'm misunderstanding something, which is totally possible). I'll double check them and get back to you.

18 hours ago, CBSkyrimModding said:

Apologies, thanks for your patience. Here you go:

bugreport
https://paste.ee/p/W6taj

texgen_SSE_log
https://paste.ee/p/zdrYb

texgen_SSE_Debug_log
https://paste.ee/p/ftUB0

I understand that there is an issue with memory, so I researched it both on these forums and elsewhere. Solutions included restarting the computer, closing as many system processes as possible, ensuring that the 64-bit exe is used, etc. None of these have solved the problem, unfortunately. My laptop is fairly new and only has one graphics card. I believe the files themselves aren't corrupt, since they were working with DynDOLOD 2.97 (unless I'm misunderstanding something, which is totally possible). I'll double check them and get back to you.

The (truncated) debug log does not shed any more light on things, so do the different tests and suggestions already given in earlier posts.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

The (truncated) debug log does not shed any more light on things, so do the different tests and suggestions already given in earlier posts.

You nailed it with the suggestion to perform the TexGen process in stages. I was able to make it through each stage successfully and then combine the outputs. Thanks a ton for the help! Very much appreciated.

35 minutes ago, ZenosGalvus said:

DynDOLOD warns that this file cannot be found, but this file does not exist

{DHL4PHVZC7}N396${PFB86.png

A}(6)W2]G5@_Q@H0I9A0~8E.png

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha thread where to make post when participating in the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha test. I moved the post to the thread.

Do not post screenshots of text. Copy and paste the text instead. Read the first post which logfiles to include when making posts.

Read the Summary that opens in the the default browser and what it explains about the file not found messages or read the explanations directly at https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Meshes

You seem to be surprised that files that can not be found do not exist. If a file would exist it would be found.

Not sure what the question is?

16 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post of the DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha thread where to make post when participating in the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha test. I moved the post to the thread.

Do not post screenshots of text. Copy and paste the text instead. Read the first post which logfiles to include when making posts.

Read the Summary that opens in the the default browser and what it explains about the file not found messages or read the explanations directly at https://dyndolod.info/Messages/File-Not-Found-Meshes

You seem to be surprised that files that can not be found do not exist. If a file would exist it would be found.

Not sure what the question is?

Sorry,but the problem is that the latest version of Legacy of the Dragonborn does not have a file named da_light3.nif...

1 hour ago, ZenosGalvus said:

Sorry,but the problem is that the latest version of Legacy of the Dragonborn does not have a file named da_light3.nif...

That is what the message reports. The plugin defines assets that do not exist.

If the assets would exist or if the plugin wouldn't contain records that define missing assets there would be no messages.

I ran TexGen and accidentally left Seamless Billboards and 3D Trees and Plants Billboards active in load order. After I installed TexGen_Output, I noticed that it didn't entirely overwrite those two, some trees were left unaffected by TexGen.

Seamless Billboards contains a plugin as well. And the mod HD LODs also has several tree lod textures included.

Do I need to deactivate Seamless Billboards and 3D Trees Billboards and run TexGen again? And what do I do with HD LODs?

Edited by Katarsi
forgot to include something

1 hour ago, Katarsi said:

I ran TexGen and accidentally left Seamless Billboards and 3D Trees and Plants Billboards active in load order. After I installed TexGen_Output, I noticed that it didn't entirely overwrite those two, some trees were left unaffected by TexGen.

Seamless Billboards contains a plugin as well. And the mod HD LODs also has several tree lod textures included.

Do I need to deactivate Seamless Billboards and 3D Trees Billboards and run TexGen again? And what do I do with HD LODs?

As explained, it is best to not install (or remove) 3rd party billboards and instead use TexGen to generate all desired billboards.

TexGen does not care about billboards in the load order. TexGen Configuration explains how TexGen determines which billboards to create automatically and how to force enable/disable specific billboard creation.

DynDOLOD will use all billboards found in the load order.

Thank you sheson :)

I've just now successfully finished generating everything. I removed Seamless Billboards and 3D Trees Billboards before running TexGen and it really wasn't a loss. Both TexGen and DynDOLOD did their job flawlessly. I was sincerely amazed at what these two can do now! You're a bloody genius.

• Like 1

I'm getting a super-white lod of Eldersblood Peak (like so white the main structure is practically blended into the sky) as shown in these shots:

https://imgur.com/a/fkKtPE7

The vanilla lod is slightly darker and not solid white so it stands out a little better, but of course the bricks are not nearly as detailed.  Any idea on how I might mitigate this?  I was thinking of maybe having dyndolod ignore this model but I'm unsure as to how I might do that.  Or perhaps a rule for this model not to use the snow material?