DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

15 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the first post. It has a link to a file and a text service. It explains which log files to upload. It explains which log files can be truncated to the last meaningful session.

If you actually look at the DynDOLOD log - which is printed to the message window and then saved - it has lines which worldspace(s) generated successfully and which had errors and the full path to the LODGen log file(s) to check. For example:

<Error: LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>

If help is required to interpret log messages people can upload them. It is as easy as zipping the files and uploading them to a file service as explained on the first post.

I do apologize for the tone of my messages and I do understand that this is likely quite frustrating.  I do have an incredibly difficult time following instruction and it seems the more I try, the more static I get in my head.  Having said that... I think I've resolved the issue and everything seems to be working... however I am still getting error messages in my TexGen log.  I'm sending you (hopefully) the appropriate files because I know this may create a problem at some point in my save.  I do appreciate that you're trying to help me here and honestly, having played with Dyndolod as a part of my game, I couldn't imagine playing without it so again, thanks.

https://ufile.io/jrm2yc35 https://ufile.io/yov9b6mc https://ufile.io/8skxihmu

Would you suggest, or do you think that we need this mod Cathedral - Improved Mountain LOD and Z Fight Patch (WIP) all when generating LODs?

Or would it be unneeded from 3,0 onwards? Also, is there a way to always/automatically ignore the message that comes up when generatingLODs for Gray Cowl? Because its very annoying each time. Specifically without having to click "ignore" once the generation starts.

Edited by mattski123

8 hours ago, BrotherShamus said:

I do apologize for the tone of my messages and I do understand that this is likely quite frustrating.  I do have an incredibly difficult time following instruction and it seems the more I try, the more static I get in my head.  Having said that... I think I've resolved the issue and everything seems to be working... however I am still getting error messages in my TexGen log.  I'm sending you (hopefully) the appropriate files because I know this may create a problem at some point in my save.  I do appreciate that you're trying to help me here and honestly, having played with Dyndolod as a part of my game, I couldn't imagine playing without it so again, thanks.

https://ufile.io/jrm2yc35 https://ufile.io/yov9b6mc https://ufile.io/8skxihmu

TexGen/DynDOLOD are simply reporting that an asset is missing in the load order. Missing textures are an every day modding problem. It can either mean a required texture is not installed or the NIF model erroneously defines a wrong texture. It can happen because a mod or its requirements are not installed or a mod author made a mistake.

As example:

<Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkCompSnow_p.dds. Used by Meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\dlc2treepineshortheavysnow01.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineShortHeavySnow01 [STAT:0403383C]>

The missing texture: textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkCompSnow_p.dds
The model  that defines the texture path: meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\dlc2treepineshortheavysnow01.nif
The plugin originally defining the base record: Dragonborn.esm
The base record type and form id: STAT:0403383C

The first step is to find out which mod supplies the model. 
In case the defining plugin is not a vanilla plugin, the plugin name should tell you the mod name right away. 
Otherwise drill down to the model folder/file name via the MO2 Data tab window on the right pane.
In case that is not successful, use the xEdit Asset Browser (Started with CTRL + F3) to find out which BSAs supply it. The BSA name should tell you which plugin and thus which mod it is.

Once you know the mod you can try to reinstall it, check its description and install instructions about requirements or use its forum to query about the problem.

5 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Would you suggest, or do you think that we need this mod Cathedral - Improved Mountain LOD and Z Fight Patch (WIP) all when generating LODs?

Or would it be unneeded from 3,0 onwards? Also, is there a way to always/automatically ignore the message that comes up when generatingLODs for Gray Cowl? Because its very annoying each time. Specifically without having to click "ignore" once the generation starts.

The requirements section of the first post/manual explains which mods are required. What mods you use beyond that depends on user preference. As always I suggest to make before/after screenshots to compare and to decide which options someone wants to use. No idea why you would believe that  DynDOLOD 3.x would make that particular mods obsolete.

I have no idea what message about Gray Cowl or mod you are referring to. Read the first post which log files to upload when making posts.
The only correct way to actually get rid of a problem is to fix their cause . Ignoring or silencing error message does not fix the problem.
Which is most likely explained in the message or the explanations that Help for this message opens.
I suggest to carefully read all of the message and the help and to address the issue properly.

Posts like this remind me, that I probably should remove every ignore option for good.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The requirements section of the first post/manual explains which mods are required. What mods you use beyond that depends on user preference. As always I suggest to make before/after screenshots to compare and to decide which options someone wants to use. No idea why you would believe that  DynDOLOD 3.x would make that particular mods obsolete.

I have no idea what message about Gray Cowl or mod you are referring to. Read the first post which log files to upload when making posts.
The only correct way to actually get rid of a problem is to fix their cause . Ignoring or silencing error message does not fix the problem.
Which is most likely explained in the message or the explanations that Help for this message opens.
I suggest to carefully read all of the message and the help and to address the issue properly.

Posts like this remind me, that I probably should remove every ignore option for good.

My bad man, has been fixed... Sorry again. Also, which settings in what ini's will increase LOADED cell distance? Because I want to have higher quality from farther away.

Edited by mattski123

54 minutes ago, mattski123 said:

My bad man, has been fixed... Sorry again. Also, which settings in what ini's will increase LOADED cell distance? Because I want to have higher quality from farther away.

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha test thread. Read the first post. This is not a substitute for reading manuals, guides and using google.

Read the DynDOLOD Manual:
Terminology - Attached cells
How LOD works in Skyrim
DynDOLOD Mod - The mod in game

DynDOLOD and its options are especially made so that users do not have to adversely affect the games stability or risk their save games by changing the well known uGridsToLoad INI setting.

29 minutes ago, sheson said:

This is the DynDOLOD 3 Alpha test thread. Read the first post. This is not a substitute for reading manuals, guides and using google.

Read the DynDOLOD Manual:
Terminology - Attached cells
How LOD works in Skyrim
DynDOLOD Mod - The mod in game

DynDOLOD and its options are especially made so that users do not have to adversely affect the games stability or risk their save games by changing the well known uGridsToLoad INI setting.

Sorry man, I trried googling and struggled to find the info I was looking for. Everybody goes on about "distance terrain" but I want to expand my loaded area. Where can I find resources for that?

19 minutes ago, mattski123 said:

Sorry man, I trried googling and struggled to find the info I was looking for. Everybody goes on about "distance terrain" but I want to expand my loaded area. Where can I find resources for that?

Read the entire post, not just the first paragraph.

8 hours ago, sheson said:

TexGen/DynDOLOD are simply reporting that an asset is missing in the load order. Missing textures are an every day modding problem. It can either mean a required texture is not installed or the NIF model erroneously defines a wrong texture. It can happen because a mod or its requirements are not installed or a mod author made a mistake.

As example:

<Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkCompSnow_p.dds. Used by Meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\dlc2treepineshortheavysnow01.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineShortHeavySnow01 [STAT:0403383C]>

The missing texture: textures\landscape\trees\TreePineForestBarkCompSnow_p.dds
The model  that defines the texture path: meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\dlc2treepineshortheavysnow01.nif
The plugin originally defining the base record: Dragonborn.esm
The base record type and form id: STAT:0403383C

The first step is to find out which mod supplies the model. 
In case the defining plugin is not a vanilla plugin, the plugin name should tell you the mod name right away. 
Otherwise drill down to the model folder/file name via the MO2 Data tab window on the right pane.
In case that is not successful, use the xEdit Asset Browser (Started with CTRL + F3) to find out which BSAs supply it. The BSA name should tell you which plugin and thus which mod it is.

Once you know the mod you can try to reinstall it, check its description and install instructions about requirements or use its forum to query about the problem.

So in the case of the missing texture from the Dragonborn ESM, I have to find the mod responsible for overwriting it?  I'm using Vortex but can check with xEdit.  I was pretty meticulous about making sure I had the requirements from the Nexus mods but this was my first time using non-Nexus mods (like Skyrim Realistic Overhaul) so it's quite likely I made a few errors with them.  Thanks for letting me know!

1 hour ago, BrotherShamus said:

So in the case of the missing texture from the Dragonborn ESM, I have to find the mod responsible for overwriting it?  I'm using Vortex but can check with xEdit.  I was pretty meticulous about making sure I had the requirements from the Nexus mods but this was my first time using non-Nexus mods (like Skyrim Realistic Overhaul) so it's quite likely I made a few errors with them.  Thanks for letting me know!

You have to find the mod overwriting dlc2treepineshortheavysnow01.nif and the other NIFs from the log. Typically I would assume that mod to also include the required textures or list a required for the mod that has them.

This is driving me insane. I haven't been able to get DynDOLOD 3 to work at all thanks to this message i get whenever i run DynDOLODx64 through MO2. I have the text gen output installed and enable, i have the resource pack installed and enabled, i have the correct launch argument (-SSE), i have my skyrim folder outside a UAC folder and its not read only, i have no antivirus, i have double and triple checked the download was complete and it installed correctly. for all intents and purpose the resource are fully there and installed. i even pasted them directly into the skyrim folder just in case MO2 was acting weird. Here is the link i got all the stuff from, im using version 3 because EVT wants version 3. 

oZuenaO.png

44 minutes ago, NovaBear said:

This is driving me insane. I haven't been able to get DynDOLOD 3 to work at all thanks to this message i get whenever i run DynDOLODx64 through MO2. I have the text gen output installed and enable, i have the resource pack installed and enabled, i have the correct launch argument (-SSE), i have my skyrim folder outside a UAC folder and its not read only, i have no antivirus, i have double and triple checked the download was complete and it installed correctly. for all intents and purpose the resource are fully there and installed. i even pasted them directly into the skyrim folder just in case MO2 was acting weird. Here is the link i got all the stuff from, im using version 3 because EVT wants version 3. 

oZuenaO.png

Read the first post where to make posts when participating in the DynDOLOD 3 alpha test. I have moved the post to the correct thread.
Read the first post which log files to upload when making posts.
Do not post screenshots of error messages. Use the Copy message to clipboard link and then paste the text instead as explained on the first post.
Click the Help for this message link for further information and help.

The message means that the version file does not exist in the data folder according to the "file exists" function from the OS. The reasons are either that the file does not exist or that anti virus etc. blocked access.

The screenshot shows the game is installed to Program Files x86. Install the game to non special Windows folder to avoid problems with UAC and antivir.
The screenshot shows MO2 is installed to Program Files x86 folder. Not optimal, especially if it is in portable mode.

35 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post where to make posts when participating in the DynDOLOD 3 alpha test. I have moved the post to the correct thread.
Read the first post which log files to upload when making posts.
Do not post screenshots of error messages. Use the Copy message to clipboard link and then paste the text instead as explained on the first post.
Click the Help for this message link for further information and help.

The message means that the version file does not exist in the data folder according to the "file exists" function from the OS. The reasons are either that the file does not exist or that anti virus etc. blocked access.

The screenshot shows the game is installed to Program Files x86. Install the game to non special Windows folder to avoid problems with UAC and antivir.
The screenshot shows MO2 being installed to Program Files x86 folder. Not optimal, especially if it is in portable mode.

I figured it out. For some reason dyndolod is trying to install to my D drive. how do i force it to search for skyrim in my C folder?