DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

18 minutes ago, mattski123 said:

But I've done all that. All is done. What am I doing wrong?

The files you uploaded show that the Grass checkbox under Tree/grass LOD Billboard options was not checked when TexGen was run. Hence it creates no grass LOD billboards.

18 minutes ago, sheson said:

The files you uploaded show that the Grass checkbox under Tree/grass LOD Billboard options was not checked when TexGen was run. Hence it creates no grass LOD billboards.

I stand corrected. I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for telling me.

So I'm using the latest Dyndolod 3 alpha and I've run into an issue (or simply something I don't understand).

It looks awesome, but when I try to adjust the tree render distance via ''ftreeloaddistance'' it doesn't do anything. Whether I set it to 75.000, 10.000 or just 0, the tree loading distance stays the same. The only way to change the tree loading distance seems to be via the Statis Object LOD sliders (but of course that adjusts any distant objects, not just trees).

This is with: Ultra trees, standard high settings, no manual changes. I have no billboards or any tree mods installed.

Is this intentional behaviour or am I missing something / did I do something wrong?

23 minutes ago, Tagek said:

So I'm using the latest Dyndolod 3 alpha and I've run into an issue (or simply something I don't understand).

It looks awesome, but when I try to adjust the tree render distance via ''ftreeloaddistance'' it doesn't do anything. Whether I set it to 75.000, 10.000 or just 0, the tree loading distance stays the same. The only way to change the tree loading distance seems to be via the Statis Object LOD sliders (but of course that adjusts any distant objects, not just trees).

This is with: Ultra trees, standard high settings, no manual changes. I have no billboards or any tree mods installed.

Is this intentional behaviour or am I missing something / did I do something wrong?

As explained in the manual or while hovering the mouse over the Ultra checkbox, ultra tree LOD means LOD for trees in done in object LOD.

18 minutes ago, sheson said:

As explained in the manual or while hovering the mouse over the Ultra checkbox, ultra tree LOD means LOD for trees in done in object LOD.

Ah, so I'm a complete idiot! Welp, sorry for wasting your time and thank you for the quick reply and awesome LOD tool! =)

Hey, when generating terrain underside, is that for the terrain DIRECTLY under the grass (literally the ground) or is it somethign else? I found that I was missing a patch of land when I tested it out, but wanna know if it's worth it.

If that's not it, what settings change the quality of the ground LODs? I just don't like the blurry quality that I'm receiving when I generate it. Would increasing Near or FarGridToLoad change this?

2 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Hey, when generating terrain underside, is that for the terrain DIRECTLY under the grass (literally the ground) or is it somethign else? I found that I was missing a patch of land when I tested it out, but wanna know if it's worth it.

If that's not it, what settings change the quality of the ground LODs? I just don't like the blurry quality that I'm receiving when I generate it. Would increasing Near or FarGridToLoad change this?

Read the included documentation:

..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Underside.html
"placed slightly under the full terrain"

..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Advanced.html
"The Height sets the negative distance to the actual terrain. Lower numbers mean better better blocking at a higher risk of the terrain underside mesh visually peaking through the actual terrain or terrain LOD."

As already explained, use xLODGen to generate terrain LOD. As you know form the DynDOLOD manual, terrain is the ground. You also already generated terrain LOD meshes with protect cell border to fix the weird drops in the terrain LOD meshes.

As already explained, Read the manual which explains what the Near and FarGrid is and that they are a concept of dynamic LOD.

Terrain underside, terrain LOD, Grass LOD etc. typically does not change anything in the loaded cells.

So I was finally successful in generating TexGen and DynDOLOD with no issues whatsoever.

The problem?  My entire Windows 10 Home installation had become corrupt.  I had to format the entire drive and reinstall the OS clean.

Looking forward to seeing the results in-game!

Hi... I've gotten this error while trying to generate Dyndolod Output. " LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds".  I've copied the error message and the bugreport.txt to pastebin files but  the Texgen_SSE_Debug_log and TexGen_SSE_log files were too large.  I know you mentioned to truncate the logs but I'm unsure which are the necessary parts to include.  The only error messages I could find in Texgen were:

<Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\juniptexsnown.dds. Used by Meshes\ztree's\trees\dwarfjunip02snow.nif Dark_Eden_Forests_Solstheim.esp dwarfjunip02snow "dwarfjunip02snow" [TREE:1D1F4AA2]>

<Error: File not found textures\yamadori\TundraDriftWoodBark01_N.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkbreachclifftree04.nif Markarth Side - Resort City.esp 00_TreeReachCliffTree04 [TREE:FE05D80C]>

and a couple of others which seem to point to the same files... however while searching my specific error on here, it seems that the problem I'm having relates to the generation of grass LODs.

I regenerated the precache grass file (after deleting the contents of the Data/Grass folder), emptied the Dyndolod/Edit Scripts/Dyndolod/Cache (after disabling via MCM in game while in an exterior space and then making an interior save), deleted the Texgen and Dyndolod Outpus and then regenerated both but am still receiving the error message.

I hate taking up your time but I've begun to go in circles researching this and have no idea anymore what to do.  Any advice as to how to move forward would be greatly appreciated.   Also, I hope I've correctly provided the pastebin links. Thanks.

https://pastebin.com/CmbdQmYKhttps://pastebin.com/q5PdQTk4

1 hour ago, BrotherShamus said:

Hi... I've gotten this error while trying to generate Dyndolod Output. " LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds".  I've copied the error message and the bugreport.txt to pastebin files but  the Texgen_SSE_Debug_log and TexGen_SSE_log files were too large.  I know you mentioned to truncate the logs but I'm unsure which are the necessary parts to include.  The only error messages I could find in Texgen were:

<Error: File not found textures\landscape\trees\juniptexsnown.dds. Used by Meshes\ztree's\trees\dwarfjunip02snow.nif Dark_Eden_Forests_Solstheim.esp dwarfjunip02snow "dwarfjunip02snow" [TREE:1D1F4AA2]>

<Error: File not found textures\yamadori\TundraDriftWoodBark01_N.dds. Used by Meshes\yamadori\gkbreachclifftree04.nif Markarth Side - Resort City.esp 00_TreeReachCliffTree04 [TREE:FE05D80C]>

and a couple of others which seem to point to the same files... however while searching my specific error on here, it seems that the problem I'm having relates to the generation of grass LODs.

I regenerated the precache grass file (after deleting the contents of the Data/Grass folder), emptied the Dyndolod/Edit Scripts/Dyndolod/Cache (after disabling via MCM in game while in an exterior space and then making an interior save), deleted the Texgen and Dyndolod Outpus and then regenerated both but am still receiving the error message.

I hate taking up your time but I've begun to go in circles researching this and have no idea anymore what to do.  Any advice as to how to move forward would be greatly appreciated.   Also, I hope I've correctly provided the pastebin links. Thanks.

https://pastebin.com/CmbdQmYKhttps://pastebin.com/q5PdQTk4

Read the first post which log files to upload when making reports.

It makes specific mention of using a file service.

Truncate large logs to the last meaningful session. If you watch the log messages while the tools run, you should have no problem to determine the first lines how the logs start. Which is where you truncate.

Also do what the error message says "Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)" and check the LODGen log for details. That log should be uploaded as well in case you need help with its messages. Also click the "Help for this message" link to open "..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LODGen.html".

The bugreport.txt seems to be showing a completely different error which typically would prevent DynDOLOD to reach the point where it report errors in the LODGen log.

Missing textures in TexGen are a problem in TexGen. These missing textures prevent successful billboard generation.

There is NEVER a need to empty the cache. it is pointless.

56 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post which log files to upload when making reports.

It makes specific mention of using a file service.

Truncate large logs to the last meaningful session. If you watch the log messages while the tools run, you should have no problem to determine the first lines how the logs start. Which is where you truncate.

Also do what the error message says "Check for error messages in the listed LODGen log(s)" and check the LODGen log for details. That log should be uploaded as well in case you need help with its messages. Also click the "Help for this message" link to open "..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LODGen.html".

The bugreport.txt seems to be showing a completely different error which typically would prevent DynDOLOD to reach the point where it report errors in the LODGen log.

Missing textures in TexGen are a problem in TexGen. These missing textures prevent successful billboard generation.

There is NEVER a need to empty the cache. it is pointless.

Apologies... I thought Pastebin was the file service being referenced in the first post.  Just so I understand correctly, I would truncate at the first error message in the log files and then only include the relevant parts (error messages in this case)?  I'm asking because I only seem to have one session in the Texgen log.

I did click on the "Help for this message" but unfortunately, was unable to understand what it was saying.  In fact, I may have to face the reality that this may be beyond my capabilities.  I've spent two weeks trying to put this together and most of the language on this forum only confuses me.  Perhaps I'll revisit this when I'm a little better educated in the terminology.  Apologies again for taking up your time.

45 minutes ago, BrotherShamus said:

Apologies... I thought Pastebin was the file service being referenced in the first post.  Just so I understand correctly, I would truncate at the first error message in the log files and then only include the relevant parts (error messages in this case)?  I'm asking because I only seem to have one session in the Texgen log.

I did click on the "Help for this message" but unfortunately, was unable to understand what it was saying.  In fact, I may have to face the reality that this may be beyond my capabilities.  I've spent two weeks trying to put this together and most of the language on this forum only confuses me.  Perhaps I'll revisit this when I'm a little better educated in the terminology.  Apologies again for taking up your time.

The word "file" in the post links to a file service, while the word "text" links to a paste text service. Doesn't get any easier than this.

Truncate large log files to the last meaningful session. A session starts with DynDOLOD .... starting session 2021-11-07... which is the first line you see in the message window when DynDOLOD is started.

Check the DynDOLOD log which is printed to the message window while the tool run and saved to the log file when the program is closed.

There is at least one log message tell you which worldspace failed and which LODGen logfile to check. That is what the error prompt reports so users do not miss the error message in the  log.

The Help for this message says the same thing. "In case LODGen failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds, check the log messages (click OK, then click Check log). Typically the log message will already show which worlds failed and which specific LODGen log file to check for additional information about the error."

It is all very straight forward and plain. All you have to do is read everything verbatim.

If you do not know what a term/expression means, check ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Terminology.html, google it or ask in the forum.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The word "file" in the post links to a file service, while the word "text" links to a paste text service. Doesn't get any easier than this.

Truncate large log files to the last meaningful session. A session starts with DynDOLOD .... starting session 2021-11-07... which is the first line you see in the message window when DynDOLOD is started.

Check the DynDOLOD log which is printed to the message window while the tool run and saved to the log file when the program is closed.

There is at least one log message tell you which worldspace failed and which LODGen logfile to check. That is what the error prompt reports so users do not miss the error message in the  log.

The Help for this message says the same thing. "In case LODGen failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds, check the log messages (click OK, then click Check log). Typically the log message will already show which worlds failed and which specific LODGen log file to check for additional information about the error."

It is all very straight forward and plain. All you have to do is read everything verbatim.

If you do not know what a term/expression means, check ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Terminology.html, google it or ask in the forum.

I do see the two links in your signature for 'file' and 'text' but only noticed them after my initial post.  My mistake was that in the first post, you actually mention using pastebin.com so I thought that was the preferred method of sharing the files.  And I know the worldspace that failed is Tamriel as I did look through the log after running Dyndolod.  The log I was referring to was the TexGen log which did have the date at the beginning... but then there would be nothing to truncate.

I do appreciate that you're trying to help and that it must get frustrating answering what appears to be an endless stream of questions from people who haven't done any of the research but I spent the last three days reading through the documentation (including the Terminology) and simply couldn't grasp what I was reading.  I really only posted here as a last resort because I had run into a problem which I was unable to solve.  As a guy who failed grade nine three time, I have a very difficult time learning new things and was only ever able to use Dyndolod succesfully in the past by following the Gamer Poets video step by step but so much has changed since that video was made and I can no longer use it as a reference.  While I'm sure all of this seems quite simple to understand for most, it really is beyond my comprehension.

I'm going to stop and take a break... deconstruct everything and then try again from the very beginning (generating the grass cache) and hopefully have a better result.  

Again, thank you for trying to help me out.  For the brief time I did have this working, it absolutely changed the visual dynamic of the game.

9 hours ago, BrotherShamus said:

I do see the two links in your signature for 'file' and 'text' but only noticed them after my initial post.  My mistake was that in the first post, you actually mention using pastebin.com so I thought that was the preferred method of sharing the files.  And I know the worldspace that failed is Tamriel as I did look through the log after running Dyndolod.  The log I was referring to was the TexGen log which did have the date at the beginning... but then there would be nothing to truncate.

I do appreciate that you're trying to help and that it must get frustrating answering what appears to be an endless stream of questions from people who haven't done any of the research but I spent the last three days reading through the documentation (including the Terminology) and simply couldn't grasp what I was reading.  I really only posted here as a last resort because I had run into a problem which I was unable to solve.  As a guy who failed grade nine three time, I have a very difficult time learning new things and was only ever able to use Dyndolod succesfully in the past by following the Gamer Poets video step by step but so much has changed since that video was made and I can no longer use it as a reference.  While I'm sure all of this seems quite simple to understand for most, it really is beyond my comprehension.

I'm going to stop and take a break... deconstruct everything and then try again from the very beginning (generating the grass cache) and hopefully have a better result.  

Again, thank you for trying to help me out.  For the brief time I did have this working, it absolutely changed the visual dynamic of the game.

Read the first post. It has a link to a file and a text service. It explains which log files to upload. It explains which log files can be truncated to the last meaningful session.

If you actually look at the DynDOLOD log - which is printed to the message window and then saved - it has lines which worldspace(s) generated successfully and which had errors and the full path to the LODGen log file(s) to check. For example:

<Error: LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. Check C:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>

If help is required to interpret log messages people can upload them. It is as easy as zipping the files and uploading them to a file service as explained on the first post.