DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

19 hours ago, sheson said:

I would just notify the author so the mod can be updated.

Good news, the authos was kind enough to provide a fixed LOD-asset for "Trees addon", so now everything should be in order! https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/22053?tab=posts

10 hours ago, BrassDancer said:

So I am getting the LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for one or more worlds error at present.  I have checked the individual logs for each worldspace that were generated and all were (almost) empty and identical, containing no useful information at all.

Here are the relevant logs (compressed as a .zip because I was having difficulty uploading them separately).  I included just one of the LODGen worldspace logs to illustrate what I mean above.  My guess is that the failure is something to do with generating occlusion as that's consistently where I encounter problems, but after following the directions in the funtastic manual I am still at a loss.

Install/Repair/Update  Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019

If that does not help check the Windows Event log for additional messages.

8 hours ago, coajaxial said:

To everyone trying to run DynDOLOD and xLODGen on Linux using proton, as the alpha 53 does not seem to work (at least for me), you can use it to patch the beta versions - xLODGen beta 84 and DynDOLOD Standalone 2.96. Just copy and replace the following files from the alpha 53 to each of the beta tools:

• Edit Scripts/7z.dll
  • Edit Scripts/7z64.dll
  • Edit Scripts/LODGen.exe
  • Edit Scripts/LODGenx64.exe
  • Edit Scripts/Texconv.exe
  • Edit Scripts/Texconvx64.exe

I tested xLODGen, TexGen and DynDOLOD, works perfectly now on Linux! :)

Read the first post.

Read what log files and bugreport to upload when making posts.

Do not give bad advice.

5 hours ago, Joe9075 said:

I was generating Dyndolod and I got this error:

The error message popup told me to report it here, I have no idea what this eye lod is. Sorry if I made any mistakes in my post, this is my first time posting on this website

Read the first post what log files and bugreport to upload when making posts.

2 hours ago, mattski123 said:

Check my trees out: https://imgur.com/a/H6CuB1N & https://i.imgur.com/jgXOdnu.png

Ran a brand new texgen & dyndolod one. https://modwat.ch/u/mattski123

Didn't run into any errors while runnign either (except the gray cowl one which I usually have to ignore).

Here's the log files: https://we.tl/t-catl6ZdMDb

I am also using the same 64x .exe which you provided me to stop the errors from occuring. Lemme know what to do next :)

Say what the problem is instead of having people guess from screenshots.

Looks like a full model tree is missing a diffuse texture it has no alpha channel.

You uploaded the content of the Edit Scripts folder and not the Log folder.

24 minutes ago, mattski123 said:

Sorry, HEre's the logs: https://we.tl/t-UvjEODdIbq .

Do you not know how to troubleshoot file not found texture issues in the game?

The log is full of file not found warnings. I suggest to check them.

<Warning: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp01.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen04.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeAspen04 [TREE:0005FADA]>
<Warning: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp04.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen05.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>
<Warning: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp04.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen06.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeAspen06 [TREE:0007614A]>
<Warning: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp04.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen05.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeAspen05 [TREE:0007614B]>
<Warning: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp04.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen06.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeAspen06 [TREE:0007614A]>
<Warning: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp02.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen02.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeAspen02 [TREE:0006C9D5]>
<Warning: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp03.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen03.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeAspen03 [TREE:0006C9D4]>
<Warning: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp01.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen01.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6]>
<Warning: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp03.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen03.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeAspen03 [TREE:0006C9D4]>
<Warning: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp01.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen01.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeAspen01 [TREE:0006A9E6]>

52 minutes ago, sheson said:

Do you not know how to troubleshoot file not found texture issues in the game?

The log is full of file not found warnings. I suggest to check them.

<Warning: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp01.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen04.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeAspen04 [TREE:0005FADA]>
<Warning: File not found textures\landscape\trees\treeaspenbranchcomp02.dds. Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen02.nif SkyTEST-Settings.esp TreeAspen02 [TREE:0006C9D5]>

Sorry, not sure how to fix those. I definitely don't have those aspen trees in my MO2. How do I get them?

30 minutes ago, mattski123 said:

Sorry, not sure how to fix those. I definitely don't have those aspen trees in my MO2. How do I get them?

Use the xEdit Asset Browser (started with CTRL+F3) to find which containers (BSA or loose files) contains a file.

For example, Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen01.nif exists in the vanilla Skyrim - Meshes1.bsa. However, as reported by xEdit Asset Browser, that NIF uses textures\landscape\trees\TreeAspenBarkComp.dds

There is a mod with a BSA or loose files that overwrites the vanilla models. The new NIF use different textures. Those textures are missing.

11 hours ago, sheson said:

Install/Repair/Update  Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019

If that does not help check the Windows Event log for additional messages.

I re-installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.  Then ran DynDOLOD again.  Crops up with the same error.

Checked the Windows Event Viewer log.  It threw up a bunch of .NET runtime errors relating to xLODGen and DynDOLOD whilst they ran.  What specific information would you need?

24 minutes ago, BrassDancer said:

I re-installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable.  Then ran DynDOLOD again.  Crops up with the same error.

Checked the Windows Event Viewer log.  It threw up a bunch of .NET runtime errors relating to xLODGen and DynDOLOD whilst they ran.  What specific information would you need?

The one that explains what is wrong with the .Net installation on your system.

How am I supposed to pick the right one without knowing what information they contain?

It is very unlikely for a compiled Delphi program like xEdit/xLODGen/DynDOLOD to have .Net errors.

Only LODGen is using .Net

20 hours ago, sheson said:

The one that explains what is wrong with the .Net installation on your system.

How am I supposed to pick the right one without knowing what information they contain?

It is very unlikely for a compiled Delphi program like xEdit/xLODGen/DynDOLOD to have .Net errors.

Only LODGen is using .Net

Although I am not 100% sure which does explain, I can glean this information from the Event Viewer:

Spoiler

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          23/10/2021 00:48:27
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DESKTOP-24GI4QA
Description:
Faulting application name: LODGenx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x616aea63
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1110, time stamp: 0x4809adf2
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034ed9
Faulting process ID: 0xd264
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7c79f4f23caa5
Faulting application path: D:\DynDOLOD\v3-alpha\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: d18e62fb-557d-4df6-80ef-6bb1b369b5c1
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Spoiler

Source:        .NET Runtime
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Description:
Application: LODGenx64.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32, IntPtr)
   at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(System.Object)
   at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
   at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
   at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
   at LODGeneratorCMD.Program.Main(System.String[])

I am guessing that my problem lies with kernelbase.dll based on the above.

EDIT: I just realised I mixed up xLODGen with LODGen.

Edited by BrassDancer

19 minutes ago, BrassDancer said:

Although I am not 100% sure which does explain, I can glean this information from the Event Viewer:

Hide contents

Source:        Application Error
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Description:
Faulting application name: LODGenx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x616aea63
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1110, time stamp: 0x4809adf2
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034ed9
Faulting process ID: 0xd264
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7c79f4f23caa5
Faulting application path: D:\DynDOLOD\v3-alpha\Edit Scripts\LODGenx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: d18e62fb-557d-4df6-80ef-6bb1b369b5c1
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hide contents

Source:        .NET Runtime
Event ID:      1026
Task Category: None
Description:
Application: LODGenx64.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32, IntPtr)
   at System.Management.ManagementScope.InitializeGuts(System.Object)
   at System.Management.ManagementScope.Initialize()
   at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Initialize()
   at System.Management.ManagementObjectSearcher.Get()
   at LODGeneratorCMD.Program.Main(System.String[])

I am guessing that my problem lies with kernelbase.dll based on the above.

The second about IO error hints at file access problem. Either because of OS, UAC, anti vir or maybe the export or log file is being blocked by another (hidden) instance.

The latter can usually be cleared by a reboot. Then start DynDOLOD in expert mode by setting expert=1 in ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini, select a worldspace and click Execute LODGen to see if it works then.

Otherwise add exceptions to OS, UAC, antivir etc.

I got TexGen and DynDOLOD working but I still never ever get 3D LODs for any tree mod. I only get the "+" shaped usual LODs. I tried Speed Trees and just now I tried A Little Tree Mod with its DynDOLOD 3 addon that supplies 3D LODs specifically for DynDOLOD 3. I still got just the "+" shaped LODs.

I saw a screenshot of A Little Tree Mod on a Discord server that looked absolutely gorgeous and he said that he used Billboard4 for LOD4 and LOD8 and then Billboard1 for LOD16. He said he used the addon too (obviously). So I tried exactly that. But no matter what I do, I still only get the ugly "+" shaped LODs. I have not made a single change in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file except to start in Advanced mode automatically. Do I need to make some other changes as well in order to get 3D LODs? I thought that option was set automatically?

Here is what I have selected. I picked the "High" option in the top right as well. What else do I need to do here or in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to get 3D Hybrid LOD models?

CiiYjrR.png

28 minutes ago, RockGodOne said:

I got TexGen and DynDOLOD working but I still never ever get 3D LODs for any tree mod. I only get the "+" shaped usual LODs. I tried Speed Trees and just now I tried A Little Tree Mod with its DynDOLOD 3 addon that supplies 3D LODs specifically for DynDOLOD 3. I still got just the "+" shaped LODs.

I saw a screenshot of A Little Tree Mod on a Discord server that looked absolutely gorgeous and he said that he used Billboard4 for LOD4 and LOD8 and then Billboard1 for LOD16. He said he used the addon too (obviously). So I tried exactly that. But no matter what I do, I still only get the ugly "+" shaped LODs. I have not made a single change in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini file except to start in Advanced mode automatically. Do I need to make some other changes as well in order to get 3D LODs? I thought that option was set automatically?

Here is what I have selected. I picked the "High" option in the top right as well. What else do I need to do here or in the DynDOLOD_SSE.ini to get 3D Hybrid LOD models?

Hide contents

CiiYjrR.png

Obviously setting "Billboard" to all LOD levels will generate billboard tree LOD in all LOD levels.

Billboard4 can utilize HD tree LOD billboards which need to be generated by TexGen for their full potential. But billboards are always billboards.

Read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html, which explains what ultra tree LOD is and that for 3D tree LOD, 3D tree LOD models of some kind are required and to set the "tree" mesh mask  rule to something like Level0, BillboardX, BillboardX.

20 minutes ago, sheson said:

Obviously setting "Billboard" to all LOD levels will generate billboard tree LOD in all LOD levels.

Read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html, which explains that for 3D tree LOD, 3D tree LOD models of some kind are required and to set the "tree" mesh mask  rule to something like Level0, BillboardX, BillboardX.

I'm only going on what he said he did and he supplied a picture of the result and since everything on my end should be working, I don't think there is anything obvious about it. I have the Ultra option checked as seen in the picture and even when I selected "level0" for LOD4, I still got "+" shaped LODs. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The A Little Tree Mod - DynDOLOD 3 - addon mod on the Nexus supplies the 3D LOD models. I have it installed and enabled right underneath the main file for A Little Tree Mod, which is also enabled.