DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

26 minutes ago, VulKun said:

Now texgen closed itself..I want to use 3.0 alpha but i cant. and just working 2.96  but not good a version..really bullcrap

Run it again, and this time, as was mentioned "click 'help for this message'" if the error box appears again. Then copy/paste that. Then look for bugreport.txt in root of DynDOLOD dir. Then find relevant log and debut_log in /Logs. Then post.

This way, you will get the path to answers.

Otherwise, only a remote Vulkan mind meld would maybe help :huh:

21 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Run it again, and this time, as was mentioned "click 'help for this message'" if the error box appears again. Then copy/paste that. Then look for bugreport.txt in root of DynDOLOD dir. Then find relevant log and debut_log in /Logs. Then post.

This way, you will get the path to answers.

Otherwise, only a remote Vulkan mind meld would maybe help :huh:

There is no help for this message because just closed itself

14 minutes ago, VulKun said:

There is no help for this message because just closed itself

Also try rebooting or generally resetting your modding environment if you know how to do it manually without a reboot. Part of the problem could be OS related.

14 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Also try rebooting or generally resetting your modding environment if you know how to do it manually without a reboot. Part of the problem could be OS related.

When i tried first time run texgen it is good worked but now closing itself  but im trying

17 minutes ago, VulKun said:

When i tried first time run texgen it is good worked but now closing itself  but im trying

Be sure to clear out previous TexGen output and that all required mods are active and none of those contribute files conflicting with that output. If all else fails, load a vanilla-only profile (if using MO or Vortex) and try that. If that runs, you know it's an issue with one or more mods in your mod list (or plugins in your load order, which should always be sorted with LOOT prior to running any of these apps)

51 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Be sure to clear out previous TexGen output and that all required mods are active and none of those contribute files conflicting with that output. If all else fails, load a vanilla-only profile (if using MO or Vortex) and try that. If that runs, you know it's an issue with one or more mods in your mod list (or plugins in your load order, which should always be sorted with LOOT prior to running any of these apps)

And i tried vanilla only profile.Its same..closed itself so not about mods

1 hour ago, VulKun said:

And i tried vanilla only profile.Its same..closed itself so not about mods

In that case, keep testing the vanilla profile, and ensure some best practices as described in our system setup guide.

Also ensure that this isn't an issue by following the best answer here:

Lastly, see first post and provide your logs as instructed. There should be at least two logs and possibly a bugreport.txt in root of your DynDOLOD installation. Truncate the debug log to last run or simply delete all logs before running again against vanilla profile. Otherwise, they are too big.

7 hours ago, sheson said:

The "file in question" is the destination path that can not be written to, because the OS, UAC, anti vir, or another process blocks write access.
C:\Modding\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\DynDOLOD-temp\textures\clutter\stockade\stockadewood01snow_n.dds

DynDOLOD Resources contain LOD assets for LOD generation with DynDOLOD. TexGen generates LOD assets from full models/textures to a new and empty output folder outside of the game and mod manager folders. Hence for this error message it does not matter at all if DynDOLOD Resources are installed or not when running TexGen - if the instructions are followed correctly.

I suggest to pay at least some attention to log messages and read the help file what they mean. ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\LogMessages.html

It seems you are trying to generate grass LOD. Something seems off with the grass  cache files. Did you use the new scale setting by any chance?

Yeah, I think the file thing was just windows defender not like believing that I actually wanted the rules I'd set to work until I'd restarted my computer or something. Sorry to make you reiterate.

You're on to something with my grass cache files. I tried out SuperDenseGrass and really like the results in-game before running my LOD stuff, but now that I think about it, uh, yeah, that could do it with ballooning my DynDOLOD times. Is that setting not compatible? I just grepped through the DynDOLOD docs and searched this forum thread and I don't think anyone has mentioned SuperDenseGrass before, but I could be wrong...?

18 minutes ago, matashina said:

Yeah, I think the file thing was just windows defender not like believing that I actually wanted the rules I'd set to work until I'd restarted my computer or something. Sorry to make you reiterate.

You're on to something with my grass cache files. I tried out SuperDenseGrass and really like the results in-game before running my LOD stuff, but now that I think about it, uh, yeah, that could do it with ballooning my DynDOLOD times. Is that setting not compatible? I just grepped through the DynDOLOD docs and searched this forum thread and I don't think anyone has mentioned SuperDenseGrass before, but I could be wrong...?

You know what, I've had it running for like 3 hours now, I'm going to see if this ever finishes for the sake of argument, and then if it ever finishes I'm going to see if the game even runs. In the very likely event that my PC literally melts first ima turn off SuperDenseGrass and see if that fixes it.

Skyrim. It's a journey, not a destination.

Also, sorry, one more question. I see that having a root node of a NIF that's a NiNode can be a problem, and from the docs, that seems to be the case when generating Dynamic LOD, which the docs defines as "an optional type of LOD by DynDOLOD for objects that change state based on quests like military tents, ships, animated objects like waterfalls or fires or glow LOD windows that react to weather/sunlight." Would grass count as Dynamic LOD then?

On 9/28/2021 at 9:06 PM, VulKun said:

Now texgen closed itself..I want to use 3.0 alpha but i cant. and just working 2.96  but not good a version..really bullcrap

Read the first post. Follow its advice what to include/upload when making posts.

If you are unable to post any information and log files as explained in the first post, there is no point in participating in the alpha test or making posts without any information.

On 9/29/2021 at 3:17 AM, matashina said:

SuperDenseGrass should be no problem.

As long as there are message like 
pos 52640, 98211.38, -6864 outside cell 12, 24 center 52640, 98211.38, -6864 49152,98304
in the LODGen log something is going on.

If you could generate a grass cache without SuperDenseGrass and if then those messages go away, there is something I need to look at.

Grass is not considered for dynamic LOD, so the NiNode is not a direct problem.

On the other hand, also try to generate without grass LOD being checked, to rule out something else being the problem.

37 minutes ago, Zanderat said:

Error processing grass data Tamrielx-019y0018.cgid Unable to read beyond the end of the stream. System.IO.EndOfStreamException

Not sure what this means.   Thanks.

Click the "Help for this message" link as explained on  the first post. It will open ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Exception.html

It explains the obvious, that is problem reading the mentioned file and what to do about it.