DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

46 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post what log files to upload when making posts.

Read the DynDOLOD FAQ: Game: ILS or CTD.

Read DynDOLOD-README.txt as also suggested by the FAQ how to troubleshoot CTD.

Upload the .Net Framework crash log if further help with it is required.

The most likely cause is an invalid mesh or texture from a third party mod.

Ok thank you for your patience.
Here is the "NetScriptFramework" file

Maybe you can tell me which mod is causing my problem.

Crash_2021_9_27_16-40-22.txt

26 minutes ago, lareri said:

Ok thank you for your patience.
Here is the "NetScriptFramework" file

Crash_2021_9_27_16-40-22.txt 61.62 kB · 0 downloads

in addition to the log files also upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt

Follow the instructions in the read me to write debug messages to the papyrus and then post the papyrus log.

There is a problem with srg_treepineforest05_01617CAEpassthru_lod.nif. The file is most likely fine by itself. The problem is, that it shouldn't be used directly where it could ever be enabled/disabled by dynamic LOD scripts.

28 minutes ago, plgdctr said:

Oh yes, it is. Didn't see it cause it was in the directory above.

https://paste.ee/p/9KMQ9

Somehow the OpenGL render crashes in some ATI driver DLL it seems without returning an error back to TexGen.

Remove C:\Lexy's LotDB\DynDOLOD Special Edition\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Render\Objects\lod\rtbuildingslod01.nif from the folder, see if it runs through then or the next/another NIF has problems too.

46 minutes ago, sheson said:

in addition to the log files also upload ..\DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt

Follow the instructions in the read me to write debug messages to the papyrus and then post the papyrus log.

There is a problem with srg_treepineforest05_01617CAEpassthru_lod.nif. The file is most likely fine by itself. The problem is, that it shouldn't be used directly where it could ever be enabled/disabled by dynamic LOD scripts.

I found it in "BillBoards Generator" and in "Enhanced Vanilla Trees"
Is this old mod still useful?

Edited by lareri

44 minutes ago, lareri said:

What version of EVT are you using? SLE or SSE? If generating LOD for SSE, be certain to use latest SSE version that has been updated for use with DynDOLOD 3, and Billboards Generator is not needed with this mod (and is obviated by TexGen 3), so any output created from that is not needed.

I can't speak to SLE version.

EDIT: I see you are using SLE version, so you can disregard above statement/advice.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Somehow the OpenGL render crashes in some ATI driver DLL it seems without returning an error back to TexGen.

Remove C:\Lexy's LotDB\DynDOLOD Special Edition\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Render\Objects\lod\rtbuildingslod01.nif from the folder, see if it runs through then or the next/another NIF has problems too.

It worked, TexGen finished successfully! :) thank you very much for your help! 
I had to remove 
rtbuildingslod01.nif
rtbuildingslod02.nif
slod03.nif
ridgedmossstone08lod.nif

Are there any sideeffects from removing them? I guess, the files have any reason for being processed, don't they?

16 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Quelle version d' EVT utilisez-vous ? SLE ou SSE ? Si vous générez un LOD pour SSE , assurez -vous d'utiliser la dernière version SSE qui a été mise à jour pour être utilisée avec DynDOLOD 3, et Billboards Generator n'est pas nécessaire avec ce mod (et est évité par TexGen 3), donc toute sortie créée à partir de cela n'est pas nécessaire .

Je ne peux pas parler de la version SLE .

Edit:
Problem solved. This is my "Enhanced Vanilla Trees" mod which was not up to date.
Many thanks for your help and patience.
You taught me how to interpret the "NetScriptFramework" file and I now know that the first page of this forum is important for choosing which files to attach to my help requests.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lareri said:

The mod itself is most likely not the problem.  What version of EVT did you have installed exactly?

Unfortunately you have not uploaded any of the requested log files.

2 hours ago, plgdctr said:

It worked, TexGen finished successfully! :) thank you very much for your help! 
I had to remove 
rtbuildingslod01.nif
rtbuildingslod02.nif
slod03.nif
ridgedmossstone08lod.nif

Are there any sideeffects from removing them? I guess, the files have any reason for being processed, don't they?

Removing files is a troubleshooting step and not a fix. Obviously the rendered object LOD texture these files are for are not going to be updated.

Try to reinstall the files from the latest Standalone archive. See if starting TexGen and then using preview for the rendered object LOD textures works for any of these files.

13 hours ago, sheson said:

Removing files is a troubleshooting step and not a fix. Obviously the rendered object LOD texture these files are for are not going to be updated.

Try to reinstall the files from the latest Standalone archive. See if starting TexGen and then using preview for the rendered object LOD textures works for any of these files.

The latest standalone version DynDOLOD Standalone 2.96 beta does not contain any ..\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Render\Objects\lod\ files. There even is no Render folder.
I tried to replace these 4 files with the ones I already downloaded (latest alpha) and sometimes TexGen was able to process some of them. BUT then, after a few tries, I got a new error message, that there is not enough RAM, so TexGen had to exit while processing slod03.nif.

bugreport.txt: https://paste.ee/p/n0fjI

1 hour ago, plgdctr said:

The latest standalone version DynDOLOD Standalone 2.96 beta does not contain any ..\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Render\Objects\lod\ files. There even is no Render folder.
I tried to replace these 4 files with the ones I already downloaded (latest alpha) and sometimes TexGen was able to process some of them. BUT then, after a few tries, I got a new error message, that there is not enough RAM, so TexGen had to exit while processing slod03.nif.

bugreport.txt: https://paste.ee/p/n0fjI

The "latest standalone archive" refers to "DynDOLOD Standalone 3.00 Alpha-44" from the first post right now, obviously.

Sounds a bit like a OpenGL memory release/free function is not working properly with the ATI hardware/driver. What card do you have? What driver version?

47 minutes ago, sheson said:

The "latest standalone archive" refers to "DynDOLOD Standalone 3.00 Alpha-44" from the first post right now, obviously.

Sounds a bit like a OpenGL memory release/free function is not working properly with the ATI hardware/driver. What card do you have? What driver version?

Oh yes, you're right. I also tried DynDOLOD Standalone 3.00 Alpha-44, same result.

From windows 10 device manager I have a AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (4GB Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Vapor-X OC) with a driver version 27.20.1034.6 from 21.08.2020 without any updates available. 

The Radeon Software itself has some different information:

driver version: 20.10.35.02-200821a-360470C-ATI
Direct3D® Version: 9.14.10.01443
OpenGL® Version: 26.20.11000.13596

Edited by plgdctr

34 minutes ago, plgdctr said:

Oh yes, you're right. I also tried DynDOLOD Standalone 3.00 Alpha-44, same result.

From windows 10 device manager I have a AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (4GB Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Vapor-X OC) with a driver version 27.20.1034.6 from 21.08.2020 without any updates available. 

The Radeon Software itself has some different information:

driver version: 20.10.35.02-200821a-360470C-ATI
Direct3D® Version: 9.14.10.01443
OpenGL® Version: 26.20.11000.13596

Ok, it seemed that my AMD Software didn't update itself for about a year. I updated it, it downloaded the latest driver, but unfortunately the "not enough RAM" while processing slod03.nif still appeared.