DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

29 minutes ago, Feuerkl1nge said:

I just mean holy cow doesn't work for me when I use MO2. Seems to be a dead link to it. I've downloaded dyndolod to import it within MO2 manually as usual but suddenly decided to worship the cow. But MO2 said the link to the cow is dead if I try! What can I do? Did I try to take a joke serious naivly thinking of freedom of religions?

That is a rather cryptic way of saying that the FOMOD xml in DynDOLOD Resource SE Alpha 3 has a wrong file source for the holy cow.

Fixed in DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 Alpha-13

The download link for the DynDOLOD Resources you have is this:

https://www.nexusmods.com/Core/Libs/Common/Widgets/DownloadPopUp?id=227680&nmm=1&game_id=1704

That forces me into a Vortex type download and puts it into my MO2 download directory making me search for it. All the other manual download links in Nexus allow me to choose the location. I suggest changing the nmm=1 to nmm=0 in the link which fixes that.

https://www.nexusmods.com/Core/Libs/Common/Widgets/DownloadPopUp?id=227680&nmm=0&game_id=1704

1 hour ago, Glanzer said:

The download link for the DynDOLOD Resources you have is this:

That forces me into a Vortex type download and puts it into my MO2 download directory making me search for it.

The mod manager download directory is where DynDOLOD Resources are supposed to be downloaded to so they can be installed as any other mod.

If you want to make it more complicated use the mega link or go to the Nexus file page.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Use modwat.ch instead of posting screenshots of load orders.

Installing mods made for a different game version and hoping for the best is not going to work. Either install versions made for the game version you are using or install/create the required patches to make it compatible. I suggest to follow a basic modding guide, also to learn about these  basic modding requirements.

The Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch is not compatible with other game versions than Skyrim Special Edition, obviously.
It requires a patch like Skyrim VR - USSEP 4.2.2 and SSE 1.5.97 Compatibility Patch for example.

With Skyrim VR patched with  SSE updates, most plugins and mods made for Skyrim Special Edition should work fine/better and not have unresolved errors anymore related to Skyrim Special Edition updates.

Thanks for coming back to me.

I must emphasise I been using your great mod for a long time, many revisions eventually transcending to your current Version 3. During that journey I always used The Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch. I have tried the last confirmed VR compatible version and also tried the Patched revision you suggested above. But I had at the time other issues and went back eventually to just using the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition current version 4.2.5b last released June and stayed with it.

Not sure you have had the pleasure to try VR but USSEP 4.2.5b does work in VR, with very little issue as the VR version of Skyrim is based on the SSE engine with some bare minimum tweaks here and there for VR use. I was with little problem able to generate LOD with your DynDOLOD and play fine right up till revision Alpha 44 (you can check my download history to know how many revisions I was able to use without issue). But you must have implemented other type's of checking protocols (check for injected worldspace maybe ? ) as I was unable to generate LOD in current versions of your DynDOLOD with out it aborting due to errors, alas all the recent posts and scratching of head.

But to conclude I have followed your advice above and resorted back to use the Skyrim VR - USSEP 4.2.2 and SSE 1.5.97 Compatibility Patch .. I am puzzled why we use this that seems to recompile the ESM's into SSE mode. But if that's the case why do we use the '-tes5vr' for VR then ?..

Either case ecstatically I am happy to say it helped the process to complete the LOD generation !... So I am one happy peep once more with that as that's all I wanted from the set go.

Logically I am still bamboozled why things broke but its working now so thank you immensely.

50 minutes ago, Jayombi said:

Thanks for coming back to me.

I must emphasise I been using your great mod for a long time, many revisions eventually transcending to your current Version 3. During that journey I always used The Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch. I have tried the last confirmed VR compatible version and also tried the Patched revision you suggested above. But I had at the time other issues and went back eventually to just using the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition current version 4.2.5b last released June and stayed with it.

Not sure you have had the pleasure to try VR but USSEP 4.2.5b does work in VR, with very little issue as the VR version of Skyrim is based on the SSE engine with some bare minimum tweaks here and there for VR use. I was with little problem able to generate LOD with your DynDOLOD and play fine right up till revision Alpha 44 (you can check my download history to know how many revisions I was able to use without issue). But you must have implemented other type's of checking protocols (check for injected worldspace maybe ? ) as I was unable to generate LOD in current versions of your DynDOLOD with out it aborting due to errors, alas all the recent posts and scratching of head.

But to conclude I have followed your advice above and resorted back to use the Skyrim VR - USSEP 4.2.2 and SSE 1.5.97 Compatibility Patch .. I am puzzled why we use this that seems to recompile the ESM's into SSE mode. But if that's the case why do we use the '-tes5vr' for VR then ?..

Either case ecstatically I am happy to say it helped the process to complete the LOD generation !... So I am one happy peep once more with that as that's all I wanted from the set go.

Logically I am still bamboozled why things broke but its working now so thank you immensely.

Something seemingly "working" does not mean it doesn't have errors. Run xEdit's error check on the load order. It will check all records.

If you want to use mods/plugins made for SSE with VR without problems, then VR needs to contain all the records and assets from SSE.

-TES5VR is a game mode identifier for the tools. It most importantly defines which Windows registry key and INI paths and filenames to use. It does not change records in plugins.

North Of Skyrim near Solitude.

Screen-Shot341.png

Screen-Shot343.png

Noticing some water LOD is absent detail and can at certain angles look like large empty box like areas when looking north out to the SEA of Ghosts.

Swim closer it disappears so local textures and meshes seem okay.

Wondered if you had any ideas what would cause this. Another mod editing the same cells maybe ? 

Also I tried the glow windows etc. option during process for a change but get over lap window textures.

Options used :

Screenshot-2.png

Specific example at Solitude - Blue Palace

Screen-Shot344.png

Screen-Shot345.png

Windows are like this when DynDOLOD.ESP is enabled. Some as seen in the picture above have this window texture over the top of the original Rustic Window Texture.

Thanks.

Edited by Jayombi

1 hour ago, Jayombi said:

North Of Skyrim near Solitude.

Screen-Shot341.png

Screen-Shot343.png

Noticing some water LOD is absent detail and can at certain angles look like large empty box like areas when looking north out to the SEA of Ghosts.

Swim closer it disappears so local textures and meshes seem okay.

Wondered if you had any ideas what would cause this. Another mod editing the same cells maybe ? 

Also I tried the glow windows etc. option during process for a change but get over lap window textures.

Options used :

Screenshot-2.png

Specific example at Solitude - Blue Palace

Screen-Shot344.png

Screen-Shot345.png

Windows are like this when DynDOLOD.ESP is enabled. Some as seen in the picture above have this window texture over the top of the original Rustic Window Texture.

Thanks.

From the DynDOLOD FAQ

Q: Game: Rectangular holes in LOD 

A: Caused by vanilla pre-computed occlusion. Has nothing to do with the LOD data itself. Either use xLODGen or DynDOLOD to update the data. See the 'TVDT - Occlusion Data' section in ..DynDOLOD\Docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html and https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/14250-skyrim-tvdt-occlusion-culling-data/

Read the DynDOLOD FAQ answers for Q: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models 

Read the first post what log files to upload when making posts. 

You will need to look up the references of the LOD windows in xEdit to check their EditorID to know for which plugin/form id they were added. Then check which plugin was the last to modify the source reference and its base record.

15 hours ago, 1erCru said:

It wasnt as simple as turning off windows defender. Had to exclude TEXGEN manually in Windows Security settings. 

Which is exactly what people will learn when searching the forums for "cannot find the path specified"

It's as easy as falling off a log ;)

1 hour ago, lareri said:

Hello.
The "SHESON_DynDOLOD_LODObject.pex" script generates a ctd when exiting dungeons.
Can you tell me what may be the cause of this?
At worst, can I delete it?
Thank you for your attention.

I can guarantee that the script does not cause CTD.

Zero information was provided.

I got a problem with DynDOLODx64. After running TexGenx64 (which created textures inside my specified TexGen Output folder), copying the TexGen Output folder to MO2/mods/ and activating the mod inside MO2, DynDOLODx64 does not find these textures. It stops with the message "No TexGen output detected. Consider generating updated object LOD textures with TexGen first."

https://paste.ee/p/PUp2c

It seems that TexGenx64 stopped correctly with the exit dialog. I reviewed my RAM usage while TexGenx64 ran and it raised up to 97% in about 2 minutes when it finished.

Edited by plgdctr

1 hour ago, sheson said:

I can guarantee that the script does not cause CTD.

Zero information was provided.

Thank you for your quick reply.
I did dozens of tests, when I deactivate this script I do not have the systematic cdt at the exit of the dungeon "camp of the dormant courtyard"
I have a geforce RTX 3080 and an i7-7700k processor

loadorder.txt

plugins.txt

modlist.txt

Edited by lareri

28 minutes ago, plgdctr said:

I got a problem with DynDOLODx64. After running TexGenx64 (which created textures inside my specified TexGen Output folder), copying the TexGen Output folder to MO2/mods/ and activating the mod inside MO2, DynDOLODx64 does not find these textures. It stops with the message "No TexGen output detected. Consider generating updated object LOD textures with TexGen first."

https://paste.ee/p/PUp2c

It seems that TexGenx64 stopped correctly with the exit dialog. I reviewed my RAM usage while TexGenx64 ran and it raised up to 97% in about 2 minutes when it finished.

Post the TexGen log and debug log.

20 minutes ago, lareri said:

Thank you for your quick reply.
I did dozens of tests, when I deactivate this script I do not have the systematic cdt at the exit of the dungeon "camp of the dormant courtyard"
I have a geforce RTX 3080 and an i7-7700k processor

loadorder.txt 15.2 kB · 1 download

plugins.txt 15.68 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post what log files to upload when making posts.

Read the DynDOLOD FAQ: Game: ILS or CTD.

Read DynDOLOD-README.txt as also suggested by the FAQ how to troubleshoot CTD.

Upload the .Net Framework crash log if further help with it is required.

The most likely cause is an invalid mesh or texture from a third party mod.