DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Why do you expect a DynDOLOD plugin to do anything to the forge reference or base record?

This is an object LOD model that gets shown in the loaded cell and that gets combined into the object LOD meshes for the area. There is no need to do anything to the reference or base record.

Guess it was a dumb question, lol.  Thank you!

Hello.

I'm trying to create hybrid tree lods for a personal tree mod. I get as far as the part where you have to run the hybrid.bat file, but get errors, and the program just quickly closes. The LODGEN log reads as follows:

Skyrim Object LOD Generator 3.0.0.0
Created by Ehamloptiran and Zilav
Updated by Sheson

Log started at 9:52:57 PM
Game Mode: HYBRID
File not found: reachclifftree01_7941E463_crown.txt
File not found: reachtree02_D53BB15F_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_reachclifftree01_467C2A5A_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_reachtree02_0859CC54_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treeaspen04_89CC8BF5_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treeaspen05_24B66B2A_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treeaspen06_840DC1EB_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforest01_E04E9786_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforest02_9C8F0A7E_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforest03_F44BCE6F_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforest04_18A65C15_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforest05_B405BC20_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforestsnow01_D51CAB93_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforestsnow02_91CE7B2F_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforestsnow03_3E377A9F_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforestsnow04_FEB1834E_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforestsnow05_B6EF5A64_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforestsnowl01_85F53A16_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforestsnowl02_1703A33B_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforestsnowl03_853B900C_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforestsnowl04_9ADD8871_crown.txt
File not found: s3dtrees_treepineforestsnowl05_2FB9F6E9_crown.txt
File not found: TreeAspen02_68E39F9A_crown.txt
File not found: TreeAspen05_821ACC5D_crown.txt
Log ended at 9:52:57 PM (0:0)
Code: 0

Looking through the instructions, I can't see anything in regards to creating any "*crown.txt" files. I have trunk.txt files that were generated along with the trunk billboards when I ran Texgen. Was I supposed to place the crown.nif files that I created in the same directory as the trunk.nif files prior to running TexGen?...

I had them placed in the separate, dedicated input folder for the hybrid tree creation...

2 hours ago, SuzanoSho said:

Hello.

I'm trying to create hybrid tree lods for a personal tree mod. I get as far as the part where you have to run the hybrid.bat file, but get errors, and the program just quickly closes. The LODGEN log reads as follows:

Looking through the instructions, I can't see anything in regards to creating any "*crown.txt" files. I have trunk.txt files that were generated along with the trunk billboards when I ran Texgen. Was I supposed to place the crown.nif files that I created in the same directory as the trunk.nif files prior to running TexGen?...

I had them placed in the separate, dedicated input folder for the hybrid tree creation...

Are the filename of the crown NIFs of the form *_XXXXXXXXpassthru_lod.nif as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model#Crowns-Leaves-and-Branches?

For example like reachclifftree01_7941E463passthru_lod.nif

Not sure where to put this, but I wanted to say thank you!

Hopefully you hear it so often it's meaningless, but thanks for making and sharing this! I've been modding Skyrim super casually for a long time and haven't bothered with DynDOLOD before because of poor specs and a frankly daunting install and generation process. Recently I decided to get back into Skyrim after a long break, with a PC that's absurdly overkill, and I took the time to read the DynDOLOD manual and guides. It took me a few tries to get everything right because I kept screwing up the settings, but I got it.

Holy, my game has never looked better. I've always played very heavily modded, never used DynDOLOD, I didn't realize how awesome it was being able to actually see distant things with detail. The few days it took me to drag my feet through learning the settings was so absolutely worth it. I can't imagine trying to play without this now, it's absolutely game changing.

Thanks for making such a neat and well-built tool, the generated report was super interesting too, I was able to go and fix up a ton of different issues in the mods I was using thanks to it, so I should be noticeably more stable now too!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nightstick24 said:

Not sure where to put this, but I wanted to say thank you!

Hopefully you hear it so often it's meaningless, but thanks for making and sharing this! I've been modding Skyrim super casually for a long time and haven't bothered with DynDOLOD before because of poor specs and a frankly daunting install and generation process. Recently I decided to get back into Skyrim after a long break, with a PC that's absurdly overkill, and I took the time to read the DynDOLOD manual and guides. It took me a few tries to get everything right because I kept screwing up the settings, but I got it.

Holy, my game has never looked better. I've always played very heavily modded, never used DynDOLOD, I didn't realize how awesome it was being able to actually see distant things with detail. The few days it took me to drag my feet through learning the settings was so absolutely worth it. I can't imagine trying to play without this now, it's absolutely game changing.

Thanks for making such a neat and well-built tool, the generated report was super interesting too, I was able to go and fix up a ton of different issues in the mods I was using thanks to it, so I should be noticeably more stable now too!

Thanks for letting us know. Enjoy

7 hours ago, sheson said:

Are the filename of the crown NIFs of the form *_XXXXXXXXpassthru_lod.nif as explained at https://dyndolod.info/Help/3D-Tree-LOD-Model#Crowns-Leaves-and-Branches?

For example like reachclifftree01_7941E463passthru_lod.nif

*sigh*

Okay, maybe it's because it was late, but I thought for sure I read that they were supposed to be named "*XXXXXXXX_crown.nif". My mistake.

4 hours ago, SuzanoSho said:

*sigh*

Okay, maybe it's because it was late, but I thought for sure I read that they were supposed to be named "*XXXXXXXX_crown.nif". My mistake.

It's like:

• TreeFileName_CRC32_trunk.nif
  • TreeFileName_CRC32passthru_lod.nif

Personally, I use the supplied ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\tools\emptypassthru_lod.nif as the basis for both.

So... having dropped SSE for the last month, I've decided to give it another go but have forgotten something critical in compiling my LO.  I couldn't find an answer on here but if it exists... my apologies.  When generating TexGen or LODs with Dyndolod, should I have dynamic patches disabled in my LO?  (BDS xEdit patch, Smashed patch, etc)

1 hour ago, BrotherShamus said:

So... having dropped SSE for the last month, I've decided to give it another go but have forgotten something critical in compiling my LO.  I couldn't find an answer on here but if it exists... my apologies.  When generating TexGen or LODs with Dyndolod, should I have dynamic patches disabled in my LO?  (BDS xEdit patch, Smashed patch, etc)

Keep them enabled.

2 hours ago, BrotherShamus said:

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites

"Typically create all other patches first. Especially all patches affecting worldspaces should be done before generating LOD"

6 hours ago, soupdragon said:

How do I get Ultra trees to generate with the regular leaf textures? 2.98 uses textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbranchcomp.dds but 3.58 uses textures\dyndolod\lod\dyndolod_tamriel.dds which is low res lod textures

If a texture is added and used on the object LOD texture atlas depends on the UV of the model used for LOD.

Object LOD meshes should use the textures on the object LOD atlas as much as possible.

This has always been the case regardless of version.

Describe and ask about the actual problem instead.

[Main Instruction]
Unresolved FormID [650578F1]

[Content]
Error in TheScarlett.esp aaaBathMirrorActivatorDUPLICATE001 "Change Appearance" [ACTI:6502582C]

Is there any way to skip the script/plugin error checking? I get it, there's an error in one of the plugins in my load order. But why completely block LOD generation for that reason? Just updated to the latest Alpha 58 from Alpha 33 which did not have this step afaik.

Thanks in advance Sheson!

Edited by wdk
Change code markup