DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

51 minutes ago, KLWaster said:

I have XLODGen, TesGen, and Dyndolod set up to generate to my data drive. Then when they are done, I copy the output folder tree to the MO2 Mods folder and add it as a mod. The arguments I use are -sse -o:"D:\SSELOD Output\SSELODGen [Output]"

Really odd. The DLC01SoulCairnx-005y-003.cgid file contains data from a terrain LOD *.BTR mesh.

Delete the file DLC01SoulCairnx-005y-003.cgid.
NGIO should recreate it if you use
cow DLC01SoulCairn -5 -3
from main menu console. With the updated file DynDOLOD/LODGen should run through.

2 hours ago, Admiral30 said:

ScreenShot0.png

Basically college entrence is flat texture, real model hides behind it. I use Obscure College, but it does not change exterior in this place. I have already checked FAQ, restarted the game, also changed uLargeRefLODGridSize=11 to 5, results are always the same. Solution is beyond my reach at this point, I will be grateful if you can figure out what is broken.

P.S

Disabling it in console fixes the issue, but I'm pretty sure it will break LOD once I go away.

Open the load order in xEdit, enter the reference form id 9A014043 into the FormID field top left. Hit Enter. In the right window check the row Editor ID. It should be of the form [pluginesp]_[formid]. Let me know what it is. In case it says dyndolodesm or dyndolodesp, look up that form it again to find out that Editor ID.

42 minutes ago, sheson said:

Open the load order in xEdit, enter the reference form id 9A014043 into the FormID field top left. Hit Enter. In the right window check the row Editor ID. It should be of the form [pluginesp]_[formid]. Let me know what it is. In case it says dyndolodesm or dyndolodesp, look up that form it again to find out that Editor ID.

Nothing found.
obraz.png

14 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

Nothing found.
obraz.png

The first two digits of the form id is the hex load order ID of the plugin. Substitute 9A with the correct number for whatever load order ID the DynDOLOD.esp got assigned in xEdit. It is the number in [ ] right before DynDOLOD.esp

16 minutes ago, sheson said:

The first two digits of the form id is the hex load order ID of the plugin. Substitute 9A with the correct number for whatever load order ID the DynDOLOD.esp got assigned in xEdit. It is the number in [ ] right before DynDOLOD.esp

Here is your requested editor id obraz.png Does not seem to come from dyndolod.

16 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

Here is your requested editor id obraz.png Does not seem to come from dyndolod.

Copy and paste text instead of making screenshots.

Enter that formID 000CA6EA into the formID field again and check and let me know which is the last plugin to the very right overwriting the record.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Copy and paste text instead of making screenshots.

Enter that formID 000CA6EA into the formID field again and check and let me know which is the last plugin to the very right overwriting the record.

I post screenshots because its form of a proof that id is correct, can't screw up a screenshot. But I can post both.

This record is last affected by Dyndolod.esp. Apparently Obscure College also affects it, but I believe that dyndolod works with everything, so it should not be an issue. Either way, dyndolod is last.

8761454.png

23 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

I post screenshots because its form of a proof that id is correct, can't screw up a screenshot. But I can post both.

This record is last affected by Dyndolod.esp. Apparently Obscure College also affects it, but I believe that dyndolod works with everything, so it should not be an issue. Either way, dyndolod is last.

8761454.png

Text can be searched. Text can be copied and pasted.

Which DynDOLOD version are you using?

15 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

Dyndolod 3.0 from nexus, with resources for 3.0. Everything seems to be in order, except flat college entry.

Moved posts to the appropriate thread. Read the first post while I try to reproduce the problem with the plugins overwriting the record.

29 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

Dyndolod 3.0 from nexus, with resources for 3.0. Everything seems to be in order, except flat college entry.

Don't have any issue with a LOD model being shown in the load cells.

Did the load order change after generating LOD? Generate LOD from scratch for the new load order.

Post the logs as explained in the first post.

11 minutes ago, sheson said:

Don't have any issue with a LOD model being shown in the load cells.

Did the load order change after generating LOD? Generate LOD from scratch for the new load order.

Post the logs as explained in the first post.

Nothing changed, dyndolod was generated last. Can I safely create new dyndolod output, or can it potentially nuke my existing saves?

19 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

Nothing changed, dyndolod was generated last. Can I safely create new dyndolod output, or can it potentially nuke my existing saves?

Are you sure the problem happens in a new game?

Have you checked if deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects as explained in the FAQ for out of place objects?

There were no error messages top left from DynDOLOD

Have you adjusted the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Large References Fix when you changed the large reference setting as explained in "Mod Configuration Menu (SkyUI MCM)" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html?

Read "Updating" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html how to make a clean save when generating a new LOD mod from scratch.

15 minutes ago, sheson said:

Are you sure the problem happens in a new game?

Have you checked if deactivating/activating from the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM main page does not reset out of place objects as explained in the FAQ for out of place objects?

There were no error messages top left from DynDOLOD

Have you adjusted the DynDOLOD SkyUI MCM Large References Fix when you changed the large reference setting as explained in "Mod Configuration Menu (SkyUI MCM)" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html?

Read "Updating" in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html how to make a clean save when generating a new LOD mod from scratch.

I have been using tutorial saying that dyndolod resources should be disabled, since they are billboards useless for gameplay. Activating it fixes missing mcm and flat textures in college.

Before I leave you in peace, one last question - I had billboards active as the tutorial said, but here first post says to not use billboards. Is using billboards for dyndolod 3.0 a terrible idea, or they were ignored? As I said my lod looks pretty much flawless (maybe I could make trees a little darker but I can't be bothered to fix that). But if they were not ignored, I have to regenerate dyndolod again.

12 minutes ago, Admiral30 said:

I have been using tutorial saying that dyndolod resources should be disabled, since they are billboards useless for gameplay. Activating it fixes missing mcm and flat textures in college.

Before I leave you in peace, one last question - I had billboards active as the tutorial said, but here first post says to not use billboards. Is using billboards for dyndolod 3.0 a terrible idea, or they were ignored? As I said my lod looks pretty much flawless (maybe I could make trees a little darker but I can't be bothered to fix that). But if they were not ignored, I have to regenerate dyndolod again.

Ignore third party instructions. They are categorically wrong or outdated. Some LOD resources are used directly in the game. Do not invent instructions that are not part of the official documentation.

TexGen will overwrite all required billboards with its version if its output is installed according to the instructions. If there are 3rd party billboards that are not overwritten they will be used, but their quality will not optimal. Read the ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\TexGen.html and TexGenConfiguration.html how to force creation of not required billboards. If things look fine no need to bother.