DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 170

sheson

3 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

@Phlunder I have some glow meshes for Blackreach Mushrooms in my lod resources: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/79197

Don't know if that might not help you.

Oh I wasn't aware of that mod. I blended it now visually without separate glow meshes, but thanks anyway! I also noticed that the Dwemer roads used in Blackreach are missing LOD, but I might just reuse the road LOD meshes from the DynDOLOD resources for that, changing the assigned textures to Blackreach road textures. Or maybe sheson could include them in the resources? They seem to be carbon copies of the regular road meshes, just with blackreach road texture assigned.

1 minute ago, Phlunder said:

Oh I wasn't aware of that mod. I blended it now visually without separate glow meshes, but thanks anyway! I also noticed that the Dwemer roads used in Blackreach are missing LOD, but I might just reuse the road LOD meshes from the DynDOLOD resources for that, changing the assigned textures to Blackreach road textures. Or maybe sheson could include them in the resources? They seem to be carbon copies of the regular road meshes, just with blackreach road texture assigned.

I cover the dwemer roads as well.

Posted (edited)

This is just a question. If I were to use Base Object Swapper to change treePineForest03dead into treeBaldCypress01 in the WeatherTundraSwamp location only, would dynDOLOD detect that and swap the lod, according to Base Object Swapper | DynDOLOD? treeBaldCypress is in _resourcepack.esl and I have the billboard for it. Also, do you know of a 3D tree lod for resourecepack.esl, or do I have to make those?

example of swap.ini

[Forms|WeatherTundraMarsh]

TreePineForest03dead|TreeBaldCypress01|scale(0.9/1.1)

Edited by The_Franks

5 hours ago, The_Franks said:

This is just a question. If I were to use Base Object Swapper to change treePineForest03dead into treeBaldCypress01 in the WeatherTundraSwamp location only, would dynDOLOD detect that and swap the lod, according to Base Object Swapper | DynDOLOD? treeBaldCypress is in _resourcepack.esl and I have the billboard for it. Also, do you know of a 3D tree lod for resourecepack.esl, or do I have to make those?

example of swap.ini

[Forms|WeatherTundraMarsh]

TreePineForest03dead|TreeBaldCypress01|scale(0.9/1.1)

Randomizing the scale means the swap will be ignored as explained on https://dyndolod.info/Mods/Base-Object-Swapper.

TexGen generates tree LOD billboards for the trees.

3D tree LOD models are included in DynDOLOD Resources SE.
You might need to replace ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_mesh_crc32.txt from the upcoming alpha version for them to be used automatically.

• Like 1

Hi Sheson - I messaged over the weekend, I was the guy who had DynDOLOD running for 17 hours and output at 424 GB. I said I would come back and tell you how it went - in the end, I couldnt get it to run as 7Zip was taking an hour just to zip the damn thing. I re-ran everything from scratch, using more sensible settings for Grass LOD, and now my uncompressed DynDOLOD output folder is only 296GB :biggrin:

The game runs buttery smooth, and the grass LOD looks great. However, I have one issue - the Map just shows Terrain, there are no objects - see this example. That would be Whiterun, which should be next to the river, but clearly it isnt there. The game is fine otherwise.

I know I should upload the log and the debug log - thing is, I did another run of Execute Lodgon on a worldspace, so the log for the main run is overwritten. Any ideas, or should I just redo from scratch? Attaching the log.txt anyways in case it is any help.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt

When I try running textgen through mo2, I keep getting a 

[00:00] Background Loader: [Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: Unknown archive version 0x00000007>
[00:07] Background Loader: finished

Please help! I've been stuck on this since saturday! 

1 hour ago, alyklli said:

When I try running textgen through mo2, I keep getting a 

[00:00] Background Loader: [Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2] Loading Resources.
[00:00] Background Loader: Fatal: <Exception: Unknown archive version 0x00000007>
[00:07] Background Loader: finished

Please help! I've been stuck on this since saturday! 

The Next Gen update changed the archive version. TexGen hasn't been update to support it yet. Until then, you can use the BA2 Archive Version Patcher to downgrade the version of the archives.

6 hours ago, ni1by2 said:

Hi Sheson - I messaged over the weekend, I was the guy who had DynDOLOD running for 17 hours and output at 424 GB. I said I would come back and tell you how it went - in the end, I couldnt get it to run as 7Zip was taking an hour just to zip the damn thing. I re-ran everything from scratch, using more sensible settings for Grass LOD, and now my uncompressed DynDOLOD output folder is only 296GB :biggrin:

The game runs buttery smooth, and the grass LOD looks great. However, I have one issue - the Map just shows Terrain, there are no objects - see this example. That would be Whiterun, which should be next to the river, but clearly it isnt there. The game is fine otherwise.

I know I should upload the log and the debug log - thing is, I did another run of Execute Lodgon on a worldspace, so the log for the main run is overwritten. Any ideas, or should I just redo from scratch? Attaching the log.txt anyways in case it is any help.

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 203.24 kB · 1 download

Assuming you have installed ACMoS and chose the DynDOLOD LOD32 option in the FOMOD installer, you would also need to set Level32=1 in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini.

Generate LOD.

IMPORTANT - In the DynDOLOD GUI, you must click one of the [High] / [Medium] / [Low] buttons to bring in mesh rules for A Clear Map of Skyrim and any other mod with custom mesh rule presets.

Make sure you set the '/' rule to use Level0 at LOD32.

To get proper terrain with this mod, read the mod's description on nexus to use the Road Generator for terrain LOD.

8 hours ago, ni1by2 said:

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 203.24 kB · 2 downloads

Read the first posts and/or https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Post-Logs which DynDOLOD debug log to also upload when making posts.
The log you uploaded just shows DynDOLOD being started and closed though.

Make screenshots in broad daylight as explained https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#In-Game-Screenshots

This looks like you have installed A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds with the option to use object LOD Level 32 for map without generating it according to its instructions.

For now I suggest to simply set uLockedObjectMapLOD=16 in its A Clear Map of Skyrim.ini for a test or quick fix.

In case of such large output, do not use the automatic zip option, Just save and exit and copy or move files to the mod folder.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have a question regarding the DynDOLOD resources.
Specific it is for this mesh: "\meshes\lod\windhelm\whouterwallstatue01_lod_0.nif"

I am using some different texture replacer (Noble Skyrim HD) for windhelm and one of them is coloring the statues more brownish.
Full Model of WHOuterWall01.nif: https://ibb.co/vPw9v6t
LOD Model WHOuterWallc01_lod.nif: https://ibb.co/xsscLy0
LOD Model WHOuterWallStatue01_lod.nif: https://ibb.co/9bLJCDs

How exactly could I change (with nifskope or a mesh rule) that the statue lod is using the proper lod texture (maybe not from the atlas, because it's not matching - well way too white)?
Or does it even get used? How could I find that out?
Because if I am looking at the created .bto files, there is no statue alone.

Edited by PRieST

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I also have a similar problem with full 3d when installing the Water Effects Brightness and Reflection Fix. But this problem is not present in 99% of users. I tested this on vanilla skyrim without mods and with the default ini file and it's pretty funny. It got me so frustrated that I started digging into the mods and comparing their changes. The problem was in the SLSF2_No_Fade flag, so I can also fix my waterfall lodes problem. But I'm just curious, what the heck is that flag? I couldn't find a description on google.

2 hours ago, Farsveinn said:

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I also have a similar problem with full 3d when installing the Water Effects Brightness and Reflection Fix. But this problem is not present in 99% of users. I tested this on vanilla skyrim without mods and with the default ini file and it's pretty funny. It got me so frustrated that I started digging into the mods and comparing their changes. The problem was in the SLSF2_No_Fade flag, so I can also fix my waterfall lodes problem. But I'm just curious, what the heck is that flag? I couldn't find a description on google.

Not sure what "full 3D" is supposed to mean. If you change waterfalls full models, then different LOD models are being used.

Full model waterfalls sometimes use "decals" for the foam, so it always renders in front of the waterfall body mesh. If the no fade flag is set, it means the decals never fade (disappear the further away you are). It means, the decal will always render an be drawn in front of everything in the area, including terrain, mountains rocks etc. that enclose the waterfall.

• +1 1

I was referring to models like fxwaterfallbodytall02.nif, Water Effects Brightness and Reflection Fix and patch for Realistic Water Two use a SLSF2_No_Fade flag for them. There are 2 identical waterfall models in the screenshot, but the top one is flickering. The original Realistic Water Two doesn't have this flag and the waterfalls are fine. So yes, I'll just remove it from this model and it will fix this bug (but it's strange that it only occurs to me and some other people).

I know this was an off-topic question, I just don't know any more people knowledgeable on this subject. So I wanted to clarify, can I try to experiment and remove this flag from the fxwaterfallbodytall02_1AF8A0C0_dyndolod_lod.nif model, since after your recommendation I got the opposite effect and now the static waterfall is ok but dynamic LOD flickering? if it helped me with that problem, it will help me with this one, since the visual bug is the same. 

Thank you for your reply. Cheers. 

20240507055038_1.jpg