DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 171

sheson

7 hours ago, mooit said:

I just tried DynDOLOD99 and it's working with my latest save, that Alpha98 wouldn't work with.

DynDOLOD Alpha99 — Freeimage.host

But, there is still something odd going on, and I hope this helps you, sometimes with Alpha99 the save I load will show all the object LODs, and another time I try to load the save, it won't.

What would you suggest, when I see all the Objects LODs finally work, create a save while I'm standing outside at that point, or save inside?

Thanks for all your help Sheson, keep up the great work!

THANKS

P.S. For now I made a save outside the gate at Whiterun when I saw all the object lods loaded, and this save keeps working. So it seem good for now, unless I should make a save inside?

Read https://dyndolod.info/Changelog to see what changed between versions.

There is no change how object LOD meshes and textures are generated. You determined that this is a problem with with a save file that has nothing to do with the DynDOLOD plugins. If I remember correctly you reported that the game shows object LOD fine with a new game or without other mods. The object LOD meshes and textures do not affect save files. They are just models the game engine loads at specific positions based on INI settings. LOD generation does not care about save files or the INI settings. I would would narrow done involved mods/plugins, check INI settings, check papyrus logs and maybe look into the save. All without any DynDOLOD/Occlusion plugins, since you reported they are irrelevant and narrowing down mods/plugins is about only keep the stuff in the load order that contributes to the problem.

8 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Is it possible to rotate a texture for TexGen? I have a set of wood planks texture that the original texture is at a 90° rotation versus the LOD texture.

Yes, but it most likely will only produce a diffuse and normal and not the specular textures. I will add that to the next version.

0    1    1    1    textures\input.dds    r    270    0    0    DynDOLOD-temp\textures\outputrotated.dds    1    1

270 is the angle, use between 0 and 360

Then use the output as input for the stitched

0    1    1    1    DynDOLOD-temp\textures\outputrotated.dds    0.5    0.25    0    0.75    textures\awesome_lod.dds    1    1

Edit: Use this test version which should also do _s.dds  https://mega.nz/file/xNwUUDBT#EQhIRLCeUtbbQtDhLQDdzmzQEaPYyRw-82EAE9m23Ac

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Glanzer said:

As I recall the memory usage was 8 GB max. I have 32 GB. I'll try it with the standard tree settings and see what happens.

So far I have isolated it to this model jbtreepineforest05.nif - that's the first that triggered the exception anyways. The NIF is fine, it just that something falls apart when it tries to re-uv the trunk.  That thing is way too complex for that (more triangle than the leafs) but not enough to be skipped. Still should not have any exception. It may not always CTD. In that case it might produce broken BTO.

For general LOD generation I strongly recommend optimized 3D tree LOD models... just saying.

Hey Guys! I was trying to generate LOD for SoS, TOTS, with NGIO seasonal grass. I precached gass for every season, renamed grass cache files, Run TextGen, run DynDOLOD and everything seems to be ok except grass. LOD grass seems to not correspond to season and nearby, dynamically generated grass.

Could the reason for that be that in grass folder i dont have default grass names, only 4 variants for each season?
Is there a quick way to check what grass is generated for all the seasons? By exploring files or in xedit?

Edited by Gawrion

16 hours ago, sheson said:

Read https://dyndolod.info/Changelog to see what changed between versions.

There is no change how object LOD meshes and textures are generated. You determined that this is a problem with with a save file that has nothing to do with the DynDOLOD plugins. If I remember correctly you reported that the game shows object LOD fine with a new game or without other mods. The object LOD meshes and textures do not affect save files. They are just models the game engine loads at specific positions based on INI settings. LOD generation does not care about save files or the INI settings. I would would narrow done involved mods/plugins, check INI settings, check papyrus logs and maybe look into the save. All without any DynDOLOD/Occlusion plugins, since you reported they are irrelevant and narrowing down mods/plugins is about only keep the stuff in the load order that contributes to the problem.

Hi sheson, 

All I know is that I tested this with no mods, and I only used DynDOLOD with the Occlusion disabled, and this still happened on several saves, so I don't know what to say/think, since I tested this with no mods.

No worries, I'm past it, Alpha99 works.

BUT I am now running into a lot of flickering/shimmering on buildings, the mountains and trees with Alpha99, that I did not have before on other DynDOLOD versions.

I tested this with all default settings, but these are the default settings listed on the SSE Step Wiki, and I did not change any of the INI settings either, all default.

I am using Majestic Mountains and EVT 4K trees.

I also tested this trying different TexGen, 2K and 4K and DynDOLOD LOD settings, also 2K and 4K settings.

I also tried different meshes and textures on EVT.

None of the tests/changes I tried made any difference, I still see this flickering shimmering everywhere now.

Here are my logs.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log (mediafire.com)

DynDOLOD_SSE_log (mediafire.com)

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log (mediafire.com)

TexGen_SSE_log (mediafire.com)

Here are the settings I used most recent for xLODGen, TexGen, DynDOLOD Alpha99.

xLODGen.jpg - MediaFire

TexGen.jpg - MediaFire

DynDOLOD_Alpha99.jpg - MediaFire

Here's a video capture I made at Riverwood showing the shimmer/flickering on the trees.

Flickering Objects and Trees (mediafire.com)

THANKS

Edited by mooit

53 minutes ago, Gawrion said:

Hey Guys! I was trying to generate LOD for SoS, TOTS, with NGIO seasonal grass. I precached gass for every season, renamed grass cache files, Run TextGen, run DynDOLOD and everything seems to be ok except grass. LOD grass seems to not correspond to season and nearby, dynamically generated grass.

Could the reason for that be that in grass folder i dont have default grass names, only 4 variants for each season?
Is there a quick way to check what grass is generated for all the seasons? By exploring files or in xedit?

Read https://dyndolod.info/Help/Seasons#Grass-and-Grass-LOD and https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List

There should 5 sets of grass cache, the default cache and the cache files for the 4 seasons.

22 minutes ago, mooit said:

BUT I am now running into a lot of flickering/shimmering on buildings, the mountains and trees with Alpha99, that I did not have before on other DynDOLOD versions.

I tested this with all default settings, but these are the default settings listed on the SSE Step Wiki, and I did not change any of the INI settings either, all default.

Here are my logs.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log (mediafire.com)

DynDOLOD_SSE_log (mediafire.com)

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log (mediafire.com)

TexGen_SSE_log (mediafire.com)

Here's a video capture I made at Riverwood showing the shimmer/flickering on the trees.

Flickering Objects and Trees (mediafire.com)

THANKS

The reason the first post does not say anything about posting screenshots of the the tools/settings because the debug log includes the settings.
This thread is for testing and reporting about DynDOLOD 3 Alpha. No reason to post about xLODGen terrain LOD here. 

Nothing changed how DynDOLOD Alpha 99 generates LOD in comparison to the versions before. Read the changelog https://dyndolod.info/Changelog

If something drastically changed/broke  in DynDOLOD causing visual issues like in the video, people would already have posted about this.

Changing resolutions in DynDOLOD does not change how the game works - loads/unloads LOD.

Read "Object LOD shows in active exterior cells" at https://dyndolod.info/FAQ, It was already suggested to check the INIs for the uLockedObjectMapLOD setting.

12 hours ago, sheson said:

So far I have isolated it to this model jbtreepineforest05.nif - that's the first that triggered the exception anyways. The NIF is fine, it just that something falls apart when it tries to re-uv the trunk.  That thing is way too complex for that (more triangle than the leafs) but not enough to be skipped. Still should not have any exception. It may not always CTD. In that case it might produce broken BTO.

For general LOD generation I strongly recommend optimized 3D tree LOD models... just saying.

fwiw I ran that nif through CAO with full optimization, but LODGen still crashed with the same error.

Two issues I found for the experimental Fallout 4 TexGen when creating the Barn mini-atlas, likely both linked to the fact the source texture requires the use of a Copy file to fetch the correct normals/speculars:

Specular maps not named the same as the diffuse texture do not seem to copy using the Copy text file used previously only for normal maps. In this case specifically, PierShacksSiding03TwoWideRed_d.dds maps to PierShacksSiding03TwoWide_n.dds (which copies correctly) and PierShacksSiding03TwoWide_s.dds (which is labeled missing).

The rotated texture, PierShacksSiding03TwoWideWhite_d.dds, similarly maps to the same normal and specular textures as the red variant. The output texture doesn't display the correct normal or specular texture for this. Strangely, this isn't reported as missing.

I made several temporary textures to map this texture, so it's possible I've gone above and beyond what I "should" be doing here. The output diffuse matches perfectly, however.

Logs, configs used, and generated vanilla DLC03Barn01LOD for reference.

https://mega.nz/file/8cB3kCCR#6idOO3alx4K9OT6UfMh9HGGfrWlu6K0d_O3lKY0a51M

It was my understanding before, using LOD Level 32 None would make it so no trees appear on the map.

I set it to None, but I'm still seeing trees on the map with Alpha99.

I'm not sure if something has changed, and I need to do something else besides setting LOD32 None now?

THANKS

Edited by mooit

5 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Two issues I found for the experimental Fallout 4 TexGen when creating the Barn mini-atlas, likely both linked to the fact the source texture requires the use of a Copy file to fetch the correct normals/speculars:

Specular maps not named the same as the diffuse texture do not seem to copy using the Copy text file used previously only for normal maps. In this case specifically, PierShacksSiding03TwoWideRed_d.dds maps to PierShacksSiding03TwoWide_n.dds (which copies correctly) and PierShacksSiding03TwoWide_s.dds (which is labeled missing).

The rotated texture, PierShacksSiding03TwoWideWhite_d.dds, similarly maps to the same normal and specular textures as the red variant. The output texture doesn't display the correct normal or specular texture for this. Strangely, this isn't reported as missing.

I made several temporary textures to map this texture, so it's possible I've gone above and beyond what I "should" be doing here. The output diffuse matches perfectly, however.

Logs, configs used, and generated vanilla DLC03Barn01LOD for reference.

https://mega.nz/file/8cB3kCCR#6idOO3alx4K9OT6UfMh9HGGfrWlu6K0d_O3lKY0a51M

It reported this in the log
[00:04] <Error: File not found textures\DLC03\Architecture\PierShacksSiding03TwoWideRed_s.dds. Used by textures\DLC03\Architecture\PierShacksSiding03TwoWideRed_d.dds>

The textures were copied fine to the new _s name, it just didn't look for them in the temp location, only in data.

I also made it so that temp textures use uncompressed formats so texconv doesn't complain about multiple of 4

This version should do the trick
https://mega.nz/file/dAp1CDLS#tf55DHqIv8p6N5pjilTyVtY9fqbyk7UDtZ5a7O--3E4

3 hours ago, mooit said:

It was my understanding before, using LOD Level 32 None would make it so no trees appear on the map.

I set it to None, but I'm still seeing trees on the map with Alpha99.

I'm not sure if something has changed, and I need to do something else besides setting LOD32 None now?

THANKS

See https://dyndolod.info/Changelog to see what changed between versions.

>I'm not sure if something has changed

You are changing settings. This is what changes. 
In your last post you said you set uLockedObjectMapLOD=8.

Which means the map is obviously not using object LOD Level 32.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Ultra-Tree-LOD#Trees-on-the-Map

Hello, this is the first time i use Dyndolod and i have several messages in the Log and i'm not really sure how to fix them, i understand how to fix large reference bugs but with the other 3 types of messages it's not really clear to me. I have many Property not found messages on the "Serana dialogue add-on" mod and 2 missing meshes from the mod Pilgrim, and Verdant, i tried reinstalling them both and checking their post section on nexus but i couldn't find anything useful. Thanks in advance for help.

6 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Hello, this is the first time i use Dyndolod and i have several messages in the Log and i'm not really sure how to fix them, i understand how to fix large reference bugs but with the other 3 types of messages it's not really clear to me. I have many Property not found messages on the "Serana dialogue add-on" mod and 2 missing meshes from the mod Pilgrim, and Verdant, i tried reinstalling them both and checking their post section on nexus but i couldn't find anything useful. Thanks in advance for help.

Read the first post which log and debug log to upload when making posts.

See  https://dyndolod.info/Messages and/or https://dyndolod.info/Help/Summary-Of-Messages for explanations about messages, their severeness and possible (often optional) solutions (obviously only brief/generic and non exhaustive ).

If further help is required ask specific questions and provide the log/debug log files.