DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

Hello, I have a question about generating Object LOD for fallout 4. I see Terrain has max verticies count for each LOD level. Do objects have a max vert count before they just do not generate? Someone created a mod that covers the commonwealth in trees and a lot of the buildings with vines. In earlier versions, I was able to create LOD for the vines using custom very low poly meshes that match the vine shapes. And in testing it seemed to work just fine. But in the newest version he has added many more vines, this plus the many trees the mod adds.. 

Now, big sections of vines don't generate where they previously did before. is it a limitation we are hitting? 

The images linked are in fact two different mods, but the vine placement framework is the same, only that in the second picture, the esp has thousands more vines placed in the worldspace as its the newer version. 

https://imgur.com/a/8Fi9WLq

45 minutes ago, Oynlen said:

Hello, I have a question about generating Object LOD for fallout 4. I see Terrain has max verticies count for each LOD level. Do objects have a max vert count before they just do not generate? Someone created a mod that covers the commonwealth in trees and a lot of the buildings with vines. In earlier versions, I was able to create LOD for the vines using custom very low poly meshes that match the vine shapes. And in testing it seemed to work just fine. But in the newest version he has added many more vines, this plus the many trees the mod adds.. 

Now, big sections of vines don't generate where they previously did before. is it a limitation we are hitting? 

The images linked are in fact two different mods, but the vine placement framework is the same, only that in the second picture, the esp has thousands more vines placed in the worldspace as its the newer version. 

https://imgur.com/a/8Fi9WLq

Object LOD can have as many shapes as required. If the maximum limit of vertices or triangles for a shape is reached, a new one will be added.

If a reference doesn't have LOD generated it is usually because there is no LOD model defined for the base record or LOD assets are missing.

Hello,
I'm trying to get two grass mods to work together.
Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul and Cathedral - 3D Pine Grass - Full 3D Coverage.
After generating grass cache texgen and dyndolod, for some regions the grass lod does not match.
how does grass generation work?
Does the order of plugins matter?
If I put Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul.esp after any other grass mod, does that assure me that the lod for folkvangr grass colors which differs from region to region will win out and get the lod well?
I ask before trying because it is a long process to generate everything again :)
Thanks.

1 hour ago, samaelxx46 said:

Hello,
I'm trying to get two grass mods to work together.
Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul and Cathedral - 3D Pine Grass - Full 3D Coverage.
After generating grass cache texgen and dyndolod, for some regions the grass lod does not match.
how does grass generation work?
Does the order of plugins matter?
If I put Folkvangr - Grass and Landscape Overhaul.esp after any other grass mod, does that assure me that the lod for folkvangr grass colors which differs from region to region will win out and get the lod well?
I ask before trying because it is a long process to generate everything again :)
Thanks.

How grass LOD generation works is explained in the second post /..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\GrassLOD.html. You might want to ask more specific questions probably.

Whatever plugin or file is the winning overwrite wins / is used, obviously.

18 minutes ago, VulKun said:

Texgen closing itself..why idk really what can i do ?

Did you recently upgrade by extracting into the old DynDOLOD folder? Conflicting files will cause this sort of thing.

Save any INIs you have customized and delete the previous install from the folder. Then install into empty folder and update new INIs with compatible settings from the old one(s).

I see no other reason other than a limitation. perhaps its my ram or something, I only have 16gb. I have checked everything so many times.. the other thing is, it will generate not always the same vines or trees when checking the bto files,  but in game, on approach they are all there and load in only once close, just some are LOD and are visible in distance, but it has been different ones that are visible from distance on several LoDGen attempts. this is also just checking one area.

Edited by Oynlen

1 hour ago, Oynlen said:

I see no other reason other than a limitation. perhaps its my ram or something, I only have 16gb. I have checked everything so many times.. the other thing is, it will generate not always the same vines or trees when checking the bto files,  but in game, on approach they are all there and load in only once close, just some are LOD and are visible in distance, but it has been different ones that are visible from distance on several LoDGen attempts. this is also just checking one area.

There is no limitation how many shapes can be in a mesh.
Even in the case of FO3/FNV the additional shapes are still created and just a message printed. the game engine of FO3/FNV simply only shows the first shape.

If LOD for a reference does not exist in the BTO, it is because there is no LOD model assigned for it for that LOD level or the NIF does not exist. It is unlikely the tools started to randomly not work consistently for one user only.

The game can not shows things that are not in the BTO. If the LOD does not match then the BTO you are looking at has nothing to do with what you are looking at in the game.

Make sure to use latest xLODGen terrain LOD beta version available.

Otherwise try to provide a easily reproducible test case / instructions.

1 hour ago, VulKun said:

I did delete dyndolod files and reinstall..and logs are empty

Do you mean there is no log folder or there are no files in it? There is no bugreport.txt next to where the *.exe files are?
In that case check the Windows Event log for clues.

Most likely the OS, UAC, anti vir or some such is interfering. Make sure to not unpack DynDOLOD into special Windows folders.