DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

9 hours ago, z929669 said:

So you see the context menu item, "Racalculate Bounds" (could be "recalc bounds"), in the CK when you right click on the DLC2TreePineForestAshL01 object record? Click on that to recalc bounds, and you will see the value change on the record once you click on another record I think. Do them all and save.

Yes, I understand what you're saying but the bounds for these trees do not recalculate.
 image.thumb.png.5158b9f04a92fe6629fed35d870f9346.png

No change is being made to the plugin.
image.thumb.png.1ed76623376e62b66da67b77c189b9ca.png

6 hours ago, sheson said:

All files in the ..\Render\Billboard\ and ..\Render\Objects should be found and processed. Base records or bounds for these files are irrelevant.

If combining trunks and crowns has errors about missing trunk.txt, it means that there are no such trunk NIF for TexGen to create the billboard texture and txt or there were problems reported in the log and/or debug log generating them.

Here are my trunks. As you can see I've placed the Ash Pines and Light Ash Pines in there. I've also placed TreeAspen01 in there so that you can see it is being found but the ash pines are not.

image.thumb.png.1257e814eabdfec47cc126fd216decdb.png

Here are the resulting TexGen logs.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txtTexGen_SSE_log.txt

Line 239 of the SSE_Log reads: "[00:20]     Creating billboard B:\Modding\BGS Modding Tools\DynDOLOD 3\TexGen_Output\Textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\s3dtrees\s3dtrees_treeaspen01_e5ee6b0a_trunk with dyndolod\render\billboards\dyndolod\lod\trees\s3dtrees\s3dtrees_treeaspen01_e5ee6b0a_trunk.nif"

Edited by AiElias

47 minutes ago, z929669 said:

@AiElias Perhaps your NIFs for those ash trees are not named correctly or have mismatching CRCs with reference models? Maybe a texture path is wrong in the meshes?

I have double checked and regenerated the CRC32's they are the same as before. The texture paths are correct and exist.
image.thumb.png.8813c0c5f481903c2b57d1c649db1120.png

The trees are named properly.
image.thumb.png.e777240d5ebf8cf1df2fefeb42c2cd51.png

image.thumb.png.4254d5c043b4d5ca5c6deab0116de25c.png

Edited by AiElias

58 minutes ago, AiElias said:

Here are my trunks. As you can see I've placed the Ash Pines and Light Ash Pines in there. I've also placed TreeAspen01 in there so that you can see it is being found but the ash pines are not.

image.thumb.png.1257e814eabdfec47cc126fd216decdb.png

Here are the resulting TexGen logs.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 309.32 kB · 3 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 43.8 kB · 0 downloads

Line 239 of the SSE_Log reads: "[00:20]     Creating billboard B:\Modding\BGS Modding Tools\DynDOLOD 3\TexGen_Output\Textures\dyndolod\lod\trees\s3dtrees\s3dtrees_treeaspen01_e5ee6b0a_trunk with dyndolod\render\billboards\dyndolod\lod\trees\s3dtrees\s3dtrees_treeaspen01_e5ee6b0a_trunk.nif"

Are you sure the screenshotted mod is active/enabled one and  that the treeaspen01 trunk is not coming from another mod?

Seems odd TexGen only sees the one file in the folder not the others.

Use the data tab in MO2 to check the folder if it shows all the files.

13 minutes ago, sheson said:

Are you sure the screenshotted mod is active/enabled one and  that the treeaspen01 trunk is not coming from another mod?

Seems odd TexGen only sees the one file in the folder not the others.

Use the data tab in MO2 to check the folder if it shows all the files.

They are definitely there. I generated billboards for the 60 other tree nifs that exist with vanilla without issue. These are the only ones that have been problematic.

image.thumb.png.bcec7711ec7b14d07dbc4058109b78f8.png

10 minutes ago, AiElias said:

They are definitely there. I generated billboards for the 60 other tree nifs that exist with vanilla without issue. These are the only ones that have been problematic.

image.thumb.png.bcec7711ec7b14d07dbc4058109b78f8.png

Seems to be a bug with detecting if Dragonborn is installed then. Will be fixed next version.

10 minutes ago, sheson said:

Seems to be a bug with detecting if Dragonborn is installed then. Will be fixed next version.

That can't be it, The dead ash pines generated without issues. Only the regular ash pines and light ash pines weren't generated.

Edited by AiElias

9 minutes ago, sheson said:

That is just another bug that will be fixed as well.

Sounds good. Do you know if this is a problem in the latest, non 3.0 release. Or will I have to create the billboards for these manually in the mean time?

9 minutes ago, AiElias said:

Sounds good. Do you know if this is a problem in the latest, non 3.0 release. Or will I have to create the billboards for these manually in the mean time?

DynDOLOD/TexGen 2.x does not render billboards and requires 3rd party billboards to be installed as usual.

Hello, I have a question regarding the brightness settings for grass billboards. I successfully generated billboards for grass, and placement is working fine, but the textures seem overly bright compared to the actual grass. The color leans toward being washed out and nearly white during the day. Based on the instruction in the first page, there are settings that I can use to try and rectify this: GrassBrightnessTop and GrassBrightnessBottom in the ....\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

My question is, do altering these values only matter before you run dyndolod? Or can we modify these values to make changes after generating the meshes, textures, and esp?

Also, when running texgen, we also get the option to reduce ambient lighting of the billboards. How does this differ to altering the values on the DynDOLOd_SSE.ini ?

Edited by AlbertH69

17 minutes ago, AlbertH69 said:

Hello, I have a question regarding the brightness settings for grass billboards. I successfully generated billboards for grass, and placement is working fine, but the textures seem overly bright compared to the actual grass. The color leans toward being washed out and nearly white during the day. Based on the instruction in the first page, there are settings that I can use to try and rectify this: GrassBrightnessTop and GrassBrightnessBottom in the ....\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini

My question is, do altering these values only matter before you run dyndolod? Or can we modify these values to make changes after generating the meshes, textures, and esp?

Also, when running texgen, we also get the option to reduce ambient lighting of the billboards. How does this differ to altering the values on the DynDOLOd_SSE.ini ?

Read the second post "Updating" which what needs updating after what changes.

As explained before, the direct and ambient light settings in TexGen control how the 3D model is lit when it is rendered to texture. Use the preview to see the effect.

As mentioned in the DynDOLOD INI, the GrassBrightness settings are brightness multipliers for the 3 color channel and the top/bottom. 0.5 means half the brightness for that color.

The default direct/ambient and then more or less multiplying the tree/grass billboards by ~0.5 when used in object LOD is based to match the billboard brightness of xLODGen/DynDOLOD 2.x standard and ultra tree LOD generation with the default values.

Ok, so it seems I have to rerun DynDolod again in order for the settings to take effect. In order for me not to recreate everything from scratch, I'm assuming I can just untick the things I've made before like Ultra trees, and select only Generate Object LOD and Generate Dynamic LOD.

Is this correct? Or do I have to do everything over?

1 hour ago, AlbertH69 said:

Ok, so it seems I have to rerun DynDolod again in order for the settings to take effect. In order for me not to recreate everything from scratch, I'm assuming I can just untick the things I've made before like Ultra trees, and select only Generate Object LOD and Generate Dynamic LOD.

Is this correct? Or do I have to do everything over?

Really read the second post "Updating".

If ultra tree LOD is not selected, then there won't be any ultra tree LOD generated in object LOD.