What Are The Default Vanilla Papyrus Memory Settings?

Posted (edited)

I might be running into an issue using Run For Your Lives and Arthmoor mentions to help troubleshoot, you need to be using Default Vanilla Papyrus Memory Settings.

Where are these Papyrus memory settings he is referring to, that I can check, and does anyone know what the Vanilla Values are?

THANKS

Edited by mooit

54 minutes ago, mooit said:

I might be running into an issue using Run For Your Lives and Arthmoor mentions to help troubleshoot, you need to be using Default Vanilla Papyrus Memory Settings.

Where are these Papyrus memory settings he is referring to, that I can check, and does anyone know what the Vanilla Values are?

THANKS

What was the context of Arthmoor's response to your query? Papayrus memory setting should't bee too high or too low?

What was the issue that invoked your question? I'm fairly certain that @DoubleYou uses the default in the 'High' BethINI preset. If not, he might know off the top of his head. Otherwise, it should be easy to find Papyrus defaults with a bit of googling.

Posted (edited)

I never made any inquiry, I only saw the information listed on the Sticky on his Nexus page in regards to this.

I did Google around, I'm only aware of these settings in the SKSE.ini;

[Memory]
defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
scrapHeapSizeMB=256

And in the Skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=500000

Something he also mentions in the Sticky;

Altering those settings is bad for the game and leads to malfunctions in scripting that can cause all sorts of unwanted behavior.

Edited by mooit

9 hours ago, mooit said:

I never made any inquiry, I only saw the information listed on the Sticky on his Nexus page in regards to this.

I did Google around, I'm only aware of these settings in the SKSE.ini;

[Memory]
scrapHeapSizeMB=256

And in the Skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]

Something he also mentions in the Sticky;

Altering those settings is bad for the game and leads to malfunctions in scripting that can cause all sorts of unwanted behavior.

Use BethINI Pie to find Papyrus memory allocation and other settings. For Papyrus, see the [General] section.

The default settings:

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableProfiling=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
fArchiveInitBufferMB=8.0000
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2000
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000.0000
fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2000
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=153600
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
uTraceStatusOfQuest=0

We raise iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes based off reverse engineering by Nightfallstorm of Papyrus Tweaks NG. Original Skyrim had the value at 76800. Skyrim Special Edition and later games doubled it to 153600. I think the main dangerous ones that people used to set to be absurdly high are the fUpdateBudgetMS and fExtraTaskletBudgetMS, where they would have it up to something outrageous like 500. I think a lot of people would also raise the page sizes too, which probably are problematic. You will find a lot of misinformation about these settings across the Internet.

Posted (edited)

When I use BethINI High Settings, this is all I get for Papyrus added in the Skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableProfiling=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000

The Step Wiki says to change iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes to 500000

Is BethINI suppose to add in all these settings too?

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2000
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
uTraceStatusOfQuest=0

Now I'm wondering if my INI aren't complete and missing other options? Could someone please be so kind, when you have some time and look over my INI if they look ok/complete? I used the STEP Wiki for SSE when I created the INI with the BethINI settings.

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.2.0#BethINI_Setup

I've been using BethINI 3.6.1, I didn't know there was this newer Pie version, uintil I noticed @DoubleYouin your Signature. So should I use the Pie version and do the Basline Configuration over on the Step Wiki?

In the SKSE.ini are these ok values?

[Memory]
scrapHeapSizeMB=256

THANKS

Skyrim.ini SkyrimCustom.ini SkyrimPrefs.ini

Edited by mooit

45 minutes ago, mooit said:

When I use BethINI High Settings, this is all I get for Papyrus added in the Skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=0
bEnableProfiling=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000

The Step Wiki says to change iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes to 500000

Is BethINI suppose to add in all these settings too?

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2000
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
uTraceStatusOfQuest=0

Now I'm wondering if my INI aren't complete and missing other options? Could someone please be so kind, when you have some time and look over my INI if they look ok/complete? I used the STEP Wiki for SSE when I created the INI with the BethINI settings.

https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.2.0#BethINI_Setup

I've been using BethINI 3.6.1, I didn't know there was this newer Pie version, uintil I noticed @DoubleYouin your Signature. So should I use the Pie version and do the Basline Configuration over on the Step Wiki?

In the SKSE.ini are these ok values?

[Memory]
scrapHeapSizeMB=256

THANKS

Skyrim.ini 3.65 kB · 0 downloads SkyrimCustom.ini 88 B · 0 downloads SkyrimPrefs.ini 3.82 kB · 0 downloads

The default settings are inherent and don't need to be defined in the INI.

If you used BethINI or BethINI Pie, and you didn't add anything manually, then you are good.

We don't know what your issue is with Run For Your Lives, so you can strike your Papyrus settings from the list of things to consider if my previous statement is true.

Your creating a lot of added work here for no discernible reason based on your OP.

You're not supposed to have all ini settings in your ini file. The game loads the default value for any ini setting not present in the ini files.

Bethini Pie's presets are not very much different from the old version.

The SKSE.ini settings you mentioned are old settings for original Skyrim and are not relevant to Skyrim Special Edition.

Posted (edited)

Ok adding in these settings @z929669and @DoubleYou I'll leave my INI alone.

But should I make iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=153600 instead of iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=500000 that's listed on the Step Wiki?

THANKS guys!

Edited by mooit

2 hours ago, mooit said:

Ok adding in these settings @z929669and @DoubleYou I'll leave my INI alone.

But should I make iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=153600 instead of iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=500000 that's listed on the Step Wiki?

THANKS guys!

I'd go with the default of the preset you choose unless you are running a potato, which I doubt you are.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I'd go with the default of the preset you choose unless you are running a potato, which I doubt you are.

I'm not following what you are saying?

Is the SSE Step Wiki still correct to use iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=500000?

Here's a screen shot from the Wiki.

J6d64t9.jpg

THANKS

Edited by mooit

1 minute ago, mooit said:

I'm not following what you are saying?

Is the SSE Step Wiki still correct to use iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=500000?

Here's a screen shot from the Wiki.

J6d64t9.jpg

THANKS

Yes. That's precisely the reason it's in the guide.

Review the minimum and recommended PC specifications in the main guide. If you are running on a modern PC and graphics, this setting applies.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Yes. That's precisely the reason it's in the guide.

Review the minimum and recommended PC specifications in the main guide. If you are running on a modern PC and graphics, this setting applies.

Thanks @z929669

By the way my Specs are in my Signature, I'm over the Recommended.

I'd like to think I'm not on a potato LOL...

Edited by mooit