DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 169

sheson

3 hours ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD/TexGen 2.x does not render billboards and requires 3rd party billboards to be installed as usual.

Are there any instructions anywhere for how to manually create billboard textures and txt files?

12 minutes ago, AiElias said:

Are there any instructions anywhere for how to manually create billboard textures and txt files?

Watch Tree LOD Billboard Creation : Start to Finish, linked from the DynDOLOD manual and Skyrim Nexus page since over half a decade.

All of that is superseded since more than half a year because TexGen renders billboards now, better and with the full support for DynDOLOD 3.

Nobody should be creating manual billboards anymore.

Hi, here is the issue, whenever I try to run texgen show a "insufficient memory" (I have 8gb ram and had  no problem running alpha 33) , I close the warning and texgen keeps running till a new error pops up "Cannot create file "\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\DynDOLOD\lod\version.ini". El sistema no puede encontrar la ruta especificada " (the last bit in spanish means it cant find the specified path) . This is with v37 and 38 

TexGen_SSE_log.txtbugreport.txtTexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

18 minutes ago, nardo68 said:

Hi, here is the issue, whenever I try to run texgen show a "insufficient memory" (I have 8gb ram and had  no problem running alpha 33) , I close the warning and texgen keeps running till a new error pops up "Cannot create file "\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\DynDOLOD\lod\version.ini". El sistema no puede encontrar la ruta especificada " (the last bit in spanish means it cant find the specified path) . This is with v37 and 38 

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 136.93 kB · 0 downloads bugreport.txt 69.1 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 333.3 kB · 0 downloads

Use the x64 version. Make sure to use the latest graphics drivers. Make sure the system defaults the best graphics card and not the internal one.

The OS, UAC, antivir or some other 3rd part crap ware is blocking TexGen from writing the INI file.

Let me know if any of this helps. In case the out of memory error still happens with x64 version upload that debug log.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

Really read the second post "Updating".

If ultra tree LOD is not selected, then there won't be any ultra tree LOD generated in object LOD.

I understand, but I thought that grass was separate from Ultra tree.  I was just wondering if it was possible for me to save some time by using LOD's that I generated in my previous sessions. If they're the same I guess I'll just redo the whole thing over to be safe.

10 minutes ago, AlbertH69 said:

I understand, but I thought that grass was separate from Ultra tree.  I was just wondering if it was possible for me to save some time by using LOD's that I generated in my previous sessions. If they're the same I guess I'll just redo the whole thing over to be safe.

As the second post explains, Grass LOD uses grass LOD billboards in object LOD, similar to ultra tree LOD.

42 minutes ago, sheson said:

Nobody should be creating manual billboards anymore.

Hmm ok, since it is a far inferior method as you say, perhaps I will try to dupe those tree records and attempt to generate the billboards for those then replace.

9 minutes ago, AiElias said:

Hmm ok, since it is a far inferior method as you say, perhaps I will try to dupe those tree records and attempt to generate the billboards for those then replace.

Just use the fixed alpha version I uploaded earlier today.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Use the x64 version. Make sure to use the latest graphics drivers. Make sure the system defaults the best graphics card and not the internal one.

The OS, UAC, antivir or some other 3rd part crap ware is blocking TexGen from writing the INI file.

Let me know if any of this helps. In case the out of memory error still happens with x64 version upload that debug log.

Ran with the x64 , I made sure etxgen and mo2 default to my gpu (I dont have integrated graphics anyway) , ran everything as admin with my AV off and still get the memory error and cant write the ini.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt bugreport.txt

having the exact same problem as nardo68, and just like him made an account on the forum to post about it :psyduck:

"run out of memory" pops up after running texgenx64, somewhere in the crashlog it says it cant write/access dyndolod ini 

will post crashlog when I wake up sry lol

Edited by michcio2000

This isn't a question per say, but if anyone has any tips on getting ENB to work well with the grass billboards, let me know. I've spent literally hours trying to get the billboards and the grass to look similar in terms of lighting and colors, but I just haven't been able to get it right. The meshes are simply lit way too differently, and I've tried to modify settings both on the ENB side and on the Dyndolod. Without ENB the billboards blend easily enough with the actual grass. With ENB lighting though, it's a pain in the ass.

So if anyone has any particular settings that work well for their setup, I'd be interested to know what those settings are. For those wondering, I'm currently using Rudy ENB for Cathedral weather. But I'm open to settings from any other ENB and weather mods.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, nardo68 said:

Ran with the x64 , I made sure etxgen and mo2 default to my gpu (I dont have integrated graphics anyway) , ran everything as admin with my AV off and still get the memory error and cant write the ini.

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 333.31 kB · 1 download TexGen_SSE_log.txt 220.46 kB · 0 downloads bugreport.txt 71.06 kB · 1 download

Thanks. Check if Alpha-39 fixes the out of memory mesage.

Hey there! I've been using DynDOLOD 3 for a few months now with very few difficulties. Since I have to regenerate frequently, the faster generation is a godsent and hugely appreciated (as are all the other new features from 3.x).

What I have been consistently struggling with is hybrid tree LOD. In screenshots like this one distant trees look utterly flat and 2D, not at all as convincing as I remember ultra tree LOD in previous DynDOLOD versions. I am probably missing something very obvious. The settings we are using are all here and the tree mod is Enhanced Vanilla Trees which has the required meshes for hybrid tree LODs as per the DynDOLOD documentation.

I am not certain which logs you need so I only attached the ones related to trees. Please let me know if I should provide anything else.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt

Edit: In the mesh rules the trees in LOD Levels 8/36 are set to billboards, so that's probably why. I assume setting them to Level0 would yield better results? One thing I am not quite clear on (after reading the documentation) is whether using "Full" under LOD Levels would produce fully 3D (trunk and leaves) tree models while Level0 is hybrid (2D trunk, 3D leaves) LOD.

Edited by Phoenix

53 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

Hey there! I've been using DynDOLOD 3 for a few months now with very few difficulties. Since I have to regenerate frequently, the faster generation is a godsent and hugely appreciated (as are all the other new features from 3.x).

What I have been consistently struggling with is hybrid tree LOD. In screenshots like this one distant trees look utterly flat and 2D, not at all as convincing as I remember ultra tree LOD in previous DynDOLOD versions. I am probably missing something very obvious. The settings we are using are all here and the tree mod is Enhanced Vanilla Trees which has the required meshes for hybrid tree LODs as per the DynDOLOD documentation.

I am not certain which logs you need so I only attached the ones related to trees. Please let me know if I should provide anything else.

DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt 219.78 kB · 0 downloads

Edit: In the mesh rules the trees in LOD Levels 8/36 are set to billboards, so that's probably why. I assume setting them to Level0 would yield better results? One thing I am not quite clear on (after reading the documentation) is whether using "Full" under LOD Levels would produce fully 3D (trunk and leaves) tree models while Level0 is hybrid (2D trunk, 3D leaves) LOD.

See the first post which logfiles to include when making posts.

As the DynDOLOD manual explains, the first LOD level 4 starts beyond the loaded cell. The further away LOD level 8 and 16 are typically fine with billboards only.

Use tfc in console to fly close to the LOD trees to check if they are billboards in two planes or if the branches are 3D. It should be obvious.

If a LOD tree does not have 3D branches, get its base record form id via More Informative Console after its full model loaded. Then look up that base record form id in DynDOLOD_SSE_Tree_Report.txt to see if a 3D LOD model was found and assigned to Level0. When [x] ultra is checked, whatever asset type (Level0/1/2 or Billboard1/2/3..) is assigned to LOD4, 8, 16 is used for LOD Level 4, 8, 16.

Based on the report, the tree mesh rule is set to use Billboard1 for LOD Level 4, 8 and 16. If you want 3D tree LOD models to be used for LOD Level 4, update the tree mesh rule to use Level0 for LOD4 as explained in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html

Do not use Full. Create proper LOD models instead.