Hi all,

After using an automatic parallax patcher for Better Dynamic Snow 2, my distant snow has a strong blue tinge to it that goes away when I get closer. I thought it was possibly related to my DynDOLOD however when disabling DynDOLOD entirely, the issue persists. Before using this patcher I had no issues with this. When disabling the patch esp that was generated, the issue still persists. Although I noticed the issue in far-away snow, it seems to show up in footprints and other smaller areas. If anyone has dealt with a similar issue before or has any insight on what it could be, help would be greatly appreciated.

Modlist is linked below

https://modwat.ch/u/Ragnarok007

Thanks everyone

20220605111517_1.jpg

20220605111935_1.jpg

20220605111949_1.jpg

20220605113223_1.jpg

13 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

That looks like LOD snow, but you may have a mod that is changing the material color or LOD color via plugin or INI.

It looks like it's only changing snow to the bluish tint where BDS would place snow ... not all LOD snow though.

On 6/6/2022 at 7:23 AM, z929669 said:

It looks like it's only changing snow to the bluish tint where BDS would place snow ... not all LOD snow though.

You have it reversed. Look at the last image of the landscape. All that blue is the landscape and everything white is an object. Not at all BDS.

The last image looks like the ice shader so that's likely correct. The footprints will be from Footprints mod.

These are INI settings that color the color:

[Display]
fSnowSSSColorB=2.2
fSnowSSSColorG=1.9
fSnowSSSColorR=1.0
iSnowSSSCurrentColor=3

I know Cathedral Landscape and Majestic Mountains has them. Fairly positive it's not the material color because that seems to be white on all the objects. I don't remember if you can change color with xLODGen.

On 6/5/2022 at 6:05 PM, TechAngel85 said:

That looks like LOD snow, but you may have a mod that is changing the material color or LOD color via plugin or INI.

You were correct, I fixed the issue by running xLODgen. Sorry for the late response.

However I now have a new issue, my world map snow appears to be darker than the snow on the mountains inside the map. Is this something I can fix by raising the gamma of LOD32?

20220608231628_1.jpg

On 6/8/2022 at 11:33 PM, Ragnarok007 said:

You were correct, I fixed the issue by running xLODgen. Sorry for the late response.

However I now have a new issue, my world map snow appears to be darker than the snow on the mountains inside the map. Is this something I can fix by raising the gamma of LOD32?

20220608231628_1.jpg

You need to revisit ACMoS mod and DynDOLOD runtime settings with respect to that. This isn't how the map should look if you followed the LODGen instructions properly. Take your time, expand all mod table instructions, and configure DynDOLOD_SSE.ini and BethINI as instructed.

On 6/9/2022 at 8:42 AM, z929669 said:

You need to revisit ACMoS mod and DynDOLOD runtime settings with respect to that. This isn't how the map should look if you followed the LODGen instructions properly. Take your time, expand all mod table instructions, and configure DynDOLOD)SSE.ini and BethINI as instructed.

I don't think this user is utilizing our Guide. If so, we need to move the conversation to the appropriate forum.

4 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

I don't think this user is utilizing our Guide. If so, we need to move the conversation to the appropriate forum.

Oh, duh. That's what I get for assuming.

In that case, the map will display textures based on your map mod I think. If you use ACMoS, then snow will look exactly the same, since it's based on your textures like all DynDOLOD output. Be sure to read the ACMoS instructions.

On 6/10/2022 at 4:03 PM, z929669 said:

Oh, duh. That's what I get for assuming.

In that case, the map will display textures based on your map mod I think. If you use ACMoS, then snow will look exactly the same, since it's based on your textures like all DynDOLOD output. Be sure to read the ACMoS instructions.

Again, sorry for the late response. I solved the issue by raising the gamma of LOD32 in xLODgen. Now the maps snow is fine and in-game looks good as well.

• Like 1