Lore fixes and not-bug unfixes for USSEP?

Hey all!

I fell before this reddit post recently, and  wanted to share the link for consideration. Basically it lists some mods, that try to fix some changes that USSEP introduces by changing parts of the game not meant to be changed. I'm only using the Redbelly Mine mod, since I was unsure whether Vanilla Purist Patch would complicate my STEP installment. I know this isn't the typical mod suggestion, so if an admin sees this, feel free to move it, this sub-forum just made the most sense to me. 

I just wanted to make aware of the post, since the mods posted, seem to go hand in hand with the mandate of STEP, as I understand it, and perhaps changes by USSEP doesn't. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/usamua/unarthmoored_ussep_compendium/

~Best regards

Halde

3 hours ago, Halde said:

Hey all!

I fell before this reddit post recently, and  wanted to share the link for consideration. Basically it lists some mods, that try to fix some changes that USSEP introduces by changing parts of the game not meant to be changed. I'm only using the Redbelly Mine mod, since I was unsure whether Vanilla Purist Patch would complicate my STEP installment. I know this isn't the typical mod suggestion, so if an admin sees this, feel free to move it, this sub-forum just made the most sense to me. 

I just wanted to make aware of the post, since the mods posted, seem to go hand in hand with the mandate of STEP, as I understand it, and perhaps changes by USSEP doesn't. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/usamua/unarthmoored_ussep_compendium/

~Best regards

Halde

I wouldn't use Purist Vanilla Patch. It seems that mod breaks some things according to this topic. There seems to be greater potential for author and user error with some of these mods. While USSEP makes some sweeping changes, I would argue that 90% of them are 'fixes' of 'corrections', and the rest are sound judgement calls made by people that understand TES and Skyrim lore much better than the authors of mods like this. Bethesda DID make mistakes, so reverting USSEP fixes is generally a bad idea, IMO. Some changes touch many small things, so I trust that USSEP does this correctly.

The Mods forum is designed to house discussion around individual mods. It is a better idea to sub out things like these into individual mod suggestions rather than proposing a group like this. As such I have moved this to a more appropriate forum. Individual mods topics can be created from lists such as these that can be discussed and evaluated more properly.

12 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

The Mods forum is designed to house discussion around individual mods. It is a better idea to sub out things like these into individual mod suggestions rather than proposing a group like this. As such I have moved this to a more appropriate forum. Individual mods topics can be created from lists such as these that can be discussed and evaluated more properly.

I thought so, I was originally going to just make it about the redbelly mine mod (since there are actual dialogue in the game that becomes void with USSEP), but I thought the whole list might be of interest. Thanks!

Edited by Halde
elaboration