Looking for a way to alter image space in the Main Menu

I'm looking for a way to alter the image space modifiers for the Main Menu. Specifically, I want to eliminate the change in contrast and vibrancy that happens after it finishes loading assets and gives you the menu options. 

If you're not clear on what I'm talking about, when the game starts the Main Menu has a neutral image space while the spinner is running as it loads up. However, once the spinner finishes and the music starts, the image space changes. I'm not sure on exactly what changes are applied, but visually it seems to lose contrast at the low end, loses some colour vibrancy, and applies what might be bloom to the image (again, not sure exactly what is being applied from a technical perspective). This isn't much of a problem if you use the vanilla menu screen, but if you use a mod that replaces the menu background with images, the images look much worse after the change than they do initially. 

I tried using Improved Loading Screen Colors in an attempt to address this, but that mod seems to affect the loading screens when you are zoning in game or loading a save, not the Main Menu (which it does quite well -- it's just not addressing what I want to change here). When I look at that mod in XEdit, I can see that it is making a change to an image space modifier for the loading screen. However, I cannot find a corresponding image space modifier for the main menu screen. Not sure if there isn't one, or if it just has a non-obvious name. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

You could get a screen of the part you want to alter. I am not clear on what aspect of the "Main Menu" you mean. Text? Images on loading screens? You should be able to capture a screen of anything on your monitor with the xbox gamebar (installed by default on Windows). Access this using windows key + G

Capture screen using Windows key + Alt + PrtScn

Images are saved  by default in ..\Videos\Captures

I know it's an Image Space record as you say, because lighting mods impact this. I believe it's the same record that affects the character setup screen. Maybe the 'default' Image Space (there is an editorID with a name like this ... look under Skyrim.esm and Updateesm in xEdit, change to some outlandish value(s), and test in game to check. Obviously, forward to a custon ESP in xEdit.).

I'm referring to the background in this case -- I have a mod that replaces the Imperials 3d model with Skyrim art (concept art, community screen caps, etc.) 

I've posted before and after shots here. In the Before shot, the highlights are detailed, the colours are fully saturated, and the shadows have weight. In the After shot, the highlights are blurred or bloomed (compare the area above and to the right of the spriggan's nose for example), the colours are washed out, and the shadows have a haze over them. 

Got it. Yeah, I would go after the Image Space editor Ids with 'default' string by reducing the saturation to 0 and then try others until what you want is affected. I don't recall seeing one with 'menu' but there could be one with 'ui'. Once you find it, I would play with brightness/contrast and the two bloom settings.

I've tried changing all the Image Space forms that have "Default" in the name one by one, but none of them affect it, so clearly it's coming from something other than those. If I find anything, I'll update the thread, but so far no luck.  

LoadScreenIS [IMGS:000FF9DB] is the only one that I think could possibly alter this. Other than that, I know that assigning color values to the following INI settings can change the appearance, but probably isn't useful:

Skyrim.ini

[Interface]
rUIMistMenu_AmbientXNegRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientXPosRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientYNegRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientYPosRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientZNegRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientZPosRGB=0,0,0

On 5/14/2022 at 1:06 PM, DoubleYou said:

LoadScreenIS [IMGS:000FF9DB] is the only one that I think could possibly alter this. Other than that, I know that assigning color values to the following INI settings can change the appearance, but probably isn't useful:

Skyrim.ini

[Interface]
rUIMistMenu_AmbientXNegRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientXPosRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientYNegRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientYPosRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientZNegRGB=0,0,0
rUIMistMenu_AmbientZPosRGB=0,0,0

Thanks for the suggestion  -- the  Improved Loading Screen Colors  mod I quoted in the first post alters LoadScreenIS, but unfortunately it doesn't affect the main menu. Instead, it affects the loading screens you get when you load a save or change zones.