DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 180

sheson

On 4/16/2022 at 6:08 AM, sheson said:

Oooh Alpha 89, how's this one working for everyone?

I'm just getting back into modding after a long lay off from 2019 LOL...

Only 2 weeks back at it, bloody took me the better part of 2 weeks to get my mods all sorted out in MO2, and now I come back and see we have DynDOLOD 3... NICE!

This is awesome to see, thanks for all the hard work, greatly appreciated, can't wait to give it a go, I feel like a kid in a candy shop! :)

P.S. Sheesh, I joined Stepmodifications back in 2019, I see this is now my first post, hmm never posted back then...

Edited by mooit

2 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

No luck with that version either, nor with changing back to the lodgen from 88.

Once again here's the latest argument out of range error from the .net framework:

Reveal hidden contents

Application: LODGenx64.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource)
   at LODGenerator.Geometry.Optimize()
   at LODGenerator.Geometry.ToBSSubIndexTriShape(Boolean, Int32)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.CreateLODNodesSSE(LODGenerator.NiFile, LODGenerator.NifMain.NiNode, LODGenerator.QuadDesc, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<LODGenerator.ShapeDesc>)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.DoLOD(LODGenerator.QuadDesc, Boolean)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.<GenerateLOD>b__85_0(LODGenerator.QuadDesc)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel+<>c__DisplayClass31_0`2[[LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenx64, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<ForEachWorker>b__0(Int32)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel+<>c__DisplayClass17_0`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].<ForWorker>b__1()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvokeWithArg(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task+<>c__DisplayClass176_0.<ExecuteSelfReplicating>b__0(System.Object)

Exception Info: System.AggregateException
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32, System.Threading.CancellationToken)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForWorker[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](Int32, Int32, System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelOptions, System.Action`1<Int32>, System.Action`2<Int32,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState>, System.Func`4<Int32,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,System.__Canon,System.__Canon>, System.Func`1<System.__Canon>, System.Action`1<System.__Canon>)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEachWorker[[LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenx64, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<LODGenerator.QuadDesc>, System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelOptions, System.Action`1<LODGenerator.QuadDesc>, System.Action`2<LODGenerator.QuadDesc,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState>, System.Action`3<LODGenerator.QuadDesc,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,Int64>, System.Func`4<LODGenerator.QuadDesc,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,System.__Canon,System.__Canon>, System.Func`5<LODGenerator.QuadDesc,System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelLoopState,Int64,System.__Canon,System.__Canon>, System.Func`1<System.__Canon>, System.Action`1<System.__Canon>)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.ForEach[[LODGenerator.QuadDesc, LODGenx64, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]](System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<LODGenerator.QuadDesc>, System.Threading.Tasks.ParallelOptions, System.Action`1<LODGenerator.QuadDesc>)
   at LODGenerator.LODApp.GenerateLOD(System.Collections.Generic.List`1<LODGenerator.StaticDesc>)
   at LODGeneratorCMD.Program.Main(System.String[])

This time the failure was Tamriel_Win again, here's the logs. Maybe something in the output ini is useful?

I'm happy to keep trying with different settings but i'm at a bit of a loss what to try

DynDOLOD_WIN.ini 4.88 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 327.81 kB · 3 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_LOD.txt 472.64 kB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD_SSE_Object_Report.7z 288.51 kB · 0 downloads LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_WIN_log.txt 20.67 kB · 2 downloads LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt 36.65 kB · 2 downloads

Update, seasons LOD generation reliably works just fine as long as I have SeasonsCombineAtlas=0 in the ini. If I set it to 1, those threading errors happen.

Do you want the logs from the successful run?

Edited by DarthVitrial

1 hour ago, mooit said:

Terrain LOD Redone is deprecated. See the xLODGen OP for generating terrain LOD. This is the DynDOLOD alpha topic (object LOD).

5 hours ago, mooit said:

https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions#Prerequisites
"Typically generate terrain LOD meshes and textures with xLODGen before generating the LOD mod with DynDOLOD. Any other existing generated LOD meshes or textures do not affect LOD generation and will typically be overwritten by the generated outputs."

When reading the DynDOLOD documentation and when paying attention to the DynDOLOD interface options it is explained and clear that DynDOLOD does not generate terrain LOD meshes or terrain LOD textures. The instructions say to generate terrain LOD with xLODGen before generating tree and object LOD etc. with DynDOLOD.

LOD only looks and works correctly for the load order it was generated for. Any pre-made mods are "wrong" (as in visually not matching your specific load order or in case they were done with CK/Oscape having very obvious visual bugs) and are not needed.

As explained at the first post  https://stepmodifications.org/forum/topic/13451-xlodgen-terrain-lod-beta-93-for-fnv-fo3-fo4-fo4vr-tes5-sse-tes5vr-enderal-enderalse/ and the description of xLODGen Resource - SSE Terrain Tamriel, install one of the options when generating terrain LOD for Tamriel "so there is no missing terrain meshes/textures when generating terrain LOD for Skyrim."

5 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

Update, seasons LOD generation reliably works just fine as long as I have SeasonsCombineAtlas=0 in the ini. If I set it to 1, those threading errors happen.

I would be interested in the LODGen logs with the version included in Alpha-88 that prints the error with the NIF file name to the LODGen log, like it did in your first post 
"Error processing meshes\creationclub\eejsse001\architecture\eej_towerroof.nif Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

To see if it always happens with the same (few) NIFs or not.

7 hours ago, Zhunter5000 said:

Alpha 88 is consistently making all of my LOD files purple. Alpha 87 worked like a charm. I have generated it with the same settings as alpha 87 as well. Here is my log and INI's. (I also cleared my cache when re-generating to be safe).

EDIT: Apon further inspection, it seems Textgen is the culprit.. Not sure what changed in-between 87 and 88 to cause it.

ScreenShot0.png

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt 1.23 MB · 0 downloads DynDOLOD.ini DynDOLOD_SSE.ini 18.75 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE.INI 2.52 kB · 0 downloads

Read the first post which log and debug log from TexGen/DynDOLOD to upload when making posts.

Do not install the game or DynDOLOD into special Windows folders like Program Files to avoid file access issues with UAC or antivir.

Pay attention to the log message and the summary. Especially to file not found errors.

As you can see from https://dyndolod.info/Changelog, nothing changed in TexGen between Alpha-87 and Alpha-88. In fact, for object LOD textures it typically updates textures to replace their vanilla version shipping with the game or DynDOLOD Resources.

The screenshot looks like the object texture atlas was not installed. Install the output from the dedicated output folder as a mod and make sure none of its file missing or overwritten by other mods.

9 hours ago, aragonit said:

Thank you so much for all the error checking in DynDOLOD. It felt like a real PITA at first, but I found 3 broken files (which were fixed by reinstalling) and a genuine bug in one of the DBM_* patches. When DynDOLOD crashes, it was everytime the fault of a faulty mod (or actually one that wasn't installed completely). It may be a good idea to tell users in the error message to try reinstalling the offending mod.

Do you remember the error message(s) in question other than Record Is Being Overridden?

26 minutes ago, Jakolanten said:

Is there anyway to have specific brightness for tree LODs? For example, I want my Tree Mod A to have 5 brightness but then have Tree Mod B to have 10 brightness? Thanks in advance for the help.

No. It also doesn't seem to make sense. TexGen generates all tree LOD billboards textures from the full models and textures with the same direct and ambient settings.

If those same full models and textures are used in the game, then they are all affected by the same lightning conditions. Thus all tree LOD billboards should all be matching (or being off for that matter) the same way since they all receive the same lighting conditions in the game as well.

If there is a problem with TexGen generating matching billboards for specific full models / textures because of non common shader settings for example, then that needs to be reported and addressed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

Actually, see if this version reports something to the LODGen log.

https://mega.nz/file/0NJ3xYqC#umzsHLqWyV1hEqllZT7P_a2GvFy_21T8xeC2RaQNF-g

35 minutes ago, sheson said:

Actually, see if this version reports something to the LODGen log.

https://mega.nz/file/0NJ3xYqC#umzsHLqWyV1hEqllZT7P_a2GvFy_21T8xeC2RaQNF-g

Running it again now, but I suspect that the prior dyndolod link you sent me actually fixed it and I just needed to clear out the dyndolod cache (which I'd forgotten to do) because something invalid got cached.
I'll let you know how it works when it finishes running.

17 minutes ago, DarthVitrial said:

Running it again now, but I suspect that the prior dyndolod link you sent me actually fixed it and I just needed to clear out the dyndolod cache (which I'd forgotten to do) because something invalid got cached.
I'll let you know how it works when it finishes running.

The cache typically does not need any deleting. It contains the xEdit reference cache files (if crated code demand only) and large reference list.

The DynDOLODx64.exe from the post addresses access violation in DynDOLOD while processing base records.
It should affect any issues regarding the the combined atlas causing in LODGen.

So i've never bothered changing any settings in the tool. I hit Ultra and always let it do it's thing. What would be the impact of changing the LOD options below? So if I changed LOD Level 8 to say Level 1? 

My billboards look amazing using the Happy Little Trees LOD file anyway but i'm just curious how these settings work, would they change the way you see that little transition between the game swapping to Level 4? Which has LOD 0 assigned? Or is that all just controlled by the distance settings in-game which I currently have setup as 70000, 120000 and 300000. Sorry for so many questions, you guys are the experts and i've learnt loads from asking in here when i'm unsure what the instractions and FAQ mean.

2022-04-18 (2).png

Alos, what are the implications of the following message after generation?

Warning: Texture resolution 2500x2500 not a power of 2 Texture textures\architecture\whiterun\wrcitywall01.dds Used by meshes\lod\imperial\impextblocks02_lod_0.nif DynDOLOD.esm XJKImpExtBlocks02_DynDOLOD_LOD [STAT:D4012A59]
Warning: Texture resolution 2500x2500 not a power of 2 Texture textures\architecture\whiterun\wrcitywall01_n.dds Used by meshes\lod\imperial\impextblocks02_lod_0.nif DynDOLOD.esm XJKImpExtBlocks02_DynDOLOD_LOD [STAT:D4012A59]
Edited by Gonzeh
Apology