Landscape Seam Fixes (by RealPharaoh)

Mousetick

Discussion topic:
Landscape Seam Fixes by RealPharaoh
Wiki Link

Comprehensive fixing of the landscape seams that result in ugly visuals.

ESP Plugin. Requires Landscape Fixes For Grass Mods. Let LOOT sort it.

Comments from the peanut gallery:

"Comprehensive" is the MA's vision. For the time being, this is just WIP, as of this writing covering the roads Helgen-Falkreath, Falkreath-Riverwood, Riverwood-Whiterun, Whiterun-Rorikstead and Whiterun-Markath. It'll likely never be finished but what's there so far is good, and hopefully there'll be a little more to come in the future. Unlike 'Smooth Shores', which too remains unfinished and is incompatible with LFfGM in areas where they overlap, this mod's MA had the bright idea to use LFfGM as a basis.

Improvements are lost in areas where other mods are modifying the same landscape records (e.g. parts of Whiterun exterior with CRF).

Edited by Mousetick
Corrected state of progress.

• 7 months later...

Author's sticky post

Spoiler

08 March 2022, 4:21PM

As you will have noticed, updates for this mod have halted. 

The reason for that is that development for this mod is currently suspended. After some discussions with the author of Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods, and a better understanding of how landscape edits work, I've decided that I took the wrong approach to fixing these issues. On top of that, some of the issues were not issues at all, if proper configuration for NGIO is followed. 

In all likelihood, this mod will be rebuilt from the ground up, built as an ESM, and using an approach that attempts to cover up seams, more than repainting landscapes. This will ensure much greater compatibility, which is currently a nightmare. 

I'm leaving the mod up for posterity, but as of now, I can't recommend it's usage, unless you have basically no other mods editing Landscapes. Water mods like RW2 or Water for ENB, as well as town overhauls, are particularly problematic. 

On 8/28/2022 at 8:53 AM, CorneliusC said:

Author's sticky post

Hide contents

08 March 2022, 4:21PM

As you will have noticed, updates for this mod have halted. 

The reason for that is that development for this mod is currently suspended. After some discussions with the author of Landscape Fixes for Grass Mods, and a better understanding of how landscape edits work, I've decided that I took the wrong approach to fixing these issues. On top of that, some of the issues were not issues at all, if proper configuration for NGIO is followed. 

In all likelihood, this mod will be rebuilt from the ground up, built as an ESM, and using an approach that attempts to cover up seams, more than repainting landscapes. This will ensure much greater compatibility, which is currently a nightmare. 

I'm leaving the mod up for posterity, but as of now, I can't recommend it's usage, unless you have basically no other mods editing Landscapes. Water mods like RW2 or Water for ENB, as well as town overhauls, are particularly problematic. 

I was thinking this very thing as I was reading these posts and was wondering how much of this was actually needed. Guess that explains that. lol

You really want to avoid landscape edits, when possible.