High Hrothgar Fixed (by Outpowner)

Mousetick

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

Agree

Installing this without hiding files so that this overrides DynDOLOD Resources window pane is preferable, IMO

Marking accepted with notes to these effects in the OP.

That's how it's installed. I already added it to the Guide yesterday.

• 1 year later...

Hello, me again :)

In the STEP guide instructions given for this mod are:
"Install the High Hrothgar Fixed main file. Merge the High Hrothgar Fixed - ELFX Patch optional file."

But the mod recently got updated and the ELFX patch is not available on the page anymore. 
Is the patch mandatory? Will all hell break lose if I don't install it?

23 minutes ago, Kozza said:

But the mod recently got updated and the ELFX patch is not available on the page anymore. 
Is the patch mandatory? Will all hell break lose if I don't install it?

No and no. The ELFX patch is no longer available because it's not needed/useful anymore. The STEP Guide instructions are outdated, you can ignore the patch.

3 hours ago, Mousetick said:

@z929669 The recommendation to install the ELFX patch needs to be removed from the Wiki instructions because that patch no longer exists.

From the mod's Changelog:

Fixed. There's some changes introduced with v1.07 relative to the version I'm running (v1.04). Nevertheless, there's no changelog history I can see for either of these versions. It's hard to say if it matters though. This is the diff of the two versions.

image.png

I think the dates are misleading and represent my local file create dates rather than the actual create dates of the files, so I'm ignoring them for the most part.

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

There's some changes introduced with v1.07 relative to the version I'm running (v1.04). Nevertheless, there's no changelog history I can see for either of these versions. It's hard to say if it matters though. This is the diff of the two versions.

I think the dates are misleading and represent my local file create dates rather than the actual create dates of the files, so I'm ignoring them for the most part.

The differences are real and expected but do not change the appearance of the meshes in-game. Many meshes were split into multiple shapes, as the Changelog for 1.0.5 indicates:

Split Meshes are now in the main files providing automatic ELFX / Lux compatibility

Splitting meshes prevents light flickering. ELFX meshes are basically vanilla or SMIM meshes that have been split into multiple shapes to prevent light flickering, but they're otherwise visually identical to the meshes they're based on - which is (and the only reason AFAIK) why they're used by the Guide.

This mod now provides split meshes by default, so it no longer provides a 'ELFX' version as a patch, since it would be redundant.

Illustration by comparing ELFX > v1.0.4 > v1.0.7 in MO2 NIF Previewer:

8Cs8JFP.pngLPSKUza.pngZdl9mg2.png

Note the different number of shapes between versions, while the number of faces remains the same and the number of vertices remains roughly the same.

As for the file dates, they're correct. In your screenshot the newer files are dated 2/27 or 3/3. If they'd taken your current local time, they'd be dated 3/5. File timestamps are normally preserved in ZIP, RAR and 7Z archives, and restored when extracting. BSA archives do not preserve timestamps.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mousetick said:

The differences are real and expected but do not change the appearance of the meshes in-game. Many meshes were split into multiple shapes, as the Changelog for 1.0.5 indicates:

Splitting meshes prevents light flickering. ELFX meshes are basically vanilla or SMIM meshes that have been split into multiple shapes to prevent light flickering, but they're otherwise visually identical to the meshes they're based on - which is (and the only reason AFAIK) why they're used by the Guide.

This mod now provides split meshes by default, so it no longer provides a 'ELFX' version as a patch, since it would be redundant.

Illustration by comparing ELFX > v1.0.4 > v1.0.7 in MO2 NIF Previewer:

8Cs8JFP.pngLPSKUza.pngZdl9mg2.png

Note the different number of shapes between versions, while the number of faces remains the same and the number of vertices remains roughly the same.

As for the file dates, they're correct. In your screenshot the newer files are dated 2/27 or 3/3. If they'd taken your current local time, they'd be dated 3/5. File timestamps are normally preserved in ZIP, RAR and 7Z archives, and restored when extracting. BSA archives do not preserve timestamps.

Yes, I assume the mesh changes are 'good' and just wanted to note that the ones I indicated were modified relative to those I had previously from the patch.

As far as the dates go, it does appear that they are the identical to those in the archives, but I have no recollection of updating this mod since shortly after you posted it in 2021 aside from this latest update I acquired last night.