Simple Horse SE (by tktk)

DoubleYou

• 2 months later...

Updated OP for comparison mods also in testing.

This one has several reported bugs that remain unaddressed for over a year. Not sure about their validity.

We know Convenient Horses has several compatibility issues for us.

Looks like the new one, Simplest Horses, is the simplest and bug free.

I don't play with horses really, so I vote for this one or Simplest Horses, since they are both much simpler than Convenient Horses.

I've been using this mod. Some notes:

• The horses alot of times will be transparent/textureless. Not sure if that is this mod causing it, but I never saw it before using this mod, so I think it is this mod's problem.
  • You can call your horse and have them appear within cities, such as Markarth. I did this by accident. You might be able to call your horse in locations you shouldn't be able to.
  • It only remembers the last ridden horse. This can cause issues if the last ridden horse becomes unavailable for different reasons, despite owning other mounts.
  • Changing worldspaces caused an issue at some point where I lost my horse.
  • If you use Arvak (conjured horse) while owning a horse, there can be issues with your real horses.
  • There is no fast dismount like there is with Convenient Horses.

In a pinch, this mod is okay. I don't miss Convenient Horses too terribly much. Things I miss:

• Horse inventory
  • Talking to people while on horseback
  • Fast dismount

15 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I've been using this mod. Some notes:

• The horses alot of times will be transparent/textureless. Not sure if that is this mod causing it, but I never saw it before using this mod, so I think it is this mod's problem.
  • You can call your horse and have them appear within cities, such as Markarth. I did this by accident. You might be able to call your horse in locations you shouldn't be able to.
  • It only remembers the last ridden horse. This can cause issues if the last ridden horse becomes unavailable for different reasons, despite owning other mounts.
  • Changing worldspaces caused an issue at some point where I lost my horse.
  • If you use Arvak (conjured horse) while owning a horse, there can be issues with your real horses.
  • There is no fast dismount like there is with Convenient Horses.

In a pinch, this mod is okay. I don't miss Convenient Horses too terribly much. Things I miss:

• Horse inventory
  • Talking to people while on horseback
  • Fast dismount

"Horse Storage" is a good complement to this one that i use.

23 minutes ago, Mercury71 said:

Could you put it up please? I mess up every time i try to put up new mods.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3838

There is a new tool that makes this really easy now:

image.png

We will take care of all the tags and such if you don't. If you don't do it, we may eventually, but lots of people have mod suggestions that we may not be aware of, so best to empower everyone to do this ;)

• 1 month later...