Window Shadows RT (by HHaley and Dlizzio)

DoubleYou

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Hmmm... I have been using the Miscellaneous file version, since Dlizzio vanished. This mod is likely a dead mod, so I don't know if the beta version is advisable.

I've been using the same. Just means I'm going to need to work on RS until the compatibility is fully there. :upside_down_smily:

50 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

@z929669
Which version of this were we looking at? The new beta or v7.7.5? This will determine the version of RS that we use.

I have the standard version and didn't even know about the beta for RS O_o

EDIT: I have v7.6 installed ... OMG, 7.6 is not even ... deleted93399393 even has an archived 8.0 beta 3.1 version. Gimme a break.

So ... can you recommend the install? Enhancer=no? Light fader=no? I probably will not be using the brighter glow maps, but who the hell knows ...

21 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I have the standard version and didn't even know about the beta for RS O_o

EDIT: I have v7.6 installed ... OMG, 7.6 is not even ... deleted93399393 even has an archived 8.0 beta 3.1 version. Gimme a break.

So ... can you recommend the install? Enhancer=no? Light fader=no? I probably will not be using the brighter glow maps, but who the hell knows ...

I use the Miscellaneous File and have the brighter maps, no enhancer, no fader, no patches. If this mod isn't complete, then I don't see the point in adding it when there are going to be missing interiors. The mod does have open permissions for expansion/continuation by another user...

15 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

I use the Miscellaneous File and have the brighter maps, no enhancer, no fader, no patches. If this mod isn't complete, then I don't see the point in adding it when there are going to be missing interiors. The mod does have open permissions for expansion/continuation by another user...

Hmmm ... seems like you should port what you want from it into RS-WS then and be done with their ADHD. Then we can toss it and use RS :pirate:

12 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Hmmm ... seems like you should port what you want from it into RS-WS then and be done with their ADHD. Then we can toss it and use RS :pirate:

WS is a completely different style than RS. I wouldn't even be supporting it with RS if it wasn't being considered for the Guide.

Looking at the plugin in the CK, I would say the mod is far from done from what I know of what they were doing and planning (which is probably the reason the Beta came along). That means we'll get this mod's style in some places, but not in others. From that, I say we just ignore this one until it matures or is picked up by someone else. Step could pick it up for our Stewardship Service, but I don't think I would care to work on it. I already have RS that I help maintain and I have a lighting mod of my own. It's been a WIP for some time now (just haven't worked on it in forever).

13 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

WS is a completely different style than RS. I wouldn't even be supporting it with RS if it wasn't being considered for the Guide.

Looking at the plugin in the CK, I would say the mod is far from done from what I know of what they were doing and planning (which is probably the reason the Beta came along). That means we'll get this mod's style in some places, but not in others. From that, I say we just ignore this one until it matures or is picked up by someone else. Step could pick it up for our Stewardship Service, but I don't think I would care to work on it. I already have RS that I help maintain and I have a lighting mod of my own. It's been a WIP for some time now (just haven't worked on it in forever).

Seems fair ... but can you merge some of what you have done in regards to WS into RS? Having shadows from windows in iteriors, I mean. Then, who cares about this mod.

11 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Seems fair ... but can you merge some of what you have done in regards to WS into RS? Having shadows from windows in iteriors, I mean. Then, who cares about this mod.

I could do that, yes.

I wouldn't say there is anything holding me back from doing that, but ethically, it's a bit...eh...only because it bypasses the original mod, which is opted-in for DP. 

I suppose any forks would do the same things, so why not.

1 hour ago, TechAngel85 said:

I could do that, yes.

I wouldn't say there is anything holding me back from doing that, but ethically, it's a bit...eh...only because it bypasses the original mod, which is opted-in for DP. 

I suppose any forks would do the same things, so why not.

Yep, that was my thought. You maintain RS, and you can do whatever you want with it ... even if WS wasn't 'open' you could make similar edits independently.

Regarding L&W setup with RS and WS (ugh). What do you recommend now for a baseline? I'm inclined to uninstall WS at this point and go with whichever version of RS you recommend for 2.0.0 dev. I think RS-WS depends on WS.

12 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Yep, that was my thought. You maintain RS, and you can do whatever you want with it ... even if WS wasn't 'open' you could make similar edits independently.

Regarding L&W setup with RS and WS (ugh). What do you recommend now for a baseline? I'm inclined to uninstall WS at this point and go with whichever version of RS you recommend for 2.0.0 dev. I think RS-WS depends on WS.

We could go with pure RS as we always have. The merged version will still have the same issues I stateded...you simply won't need to download WS anymore.