How to CLEAN your SAVEGAMES from BROKEN SCRIPTS - Tutorial - Solving CTD issues

We have had a lot of discussion about Skyrim's inability to remove scripts in save games, and the resulting importance of using the right mods from the beginning. If you have a save with a reasonably high level character that you were no longer able to use, the How to CLEAN your SAVEGAMES from BROKEN SCRIPTS - Tutorial - Solving CTD issues mod describes how you might be able to resuscitate a save using the process described by this mod. I haven't tried it yet myself, but I've thought about talking an old save from a time where my saves started to get bigger fairly quickly and see what this might do. I'm not sure that scripts are the only problems that causes saves to become unusable, but they are certainly one of the major potential causes.

I have been trying this guide on one of my older saves now for a good 30 mins or so and lost count on how many times i have tried and still everytime the end result is the same the data area is still not zero'ed out and say the same thing as it did in the start. I wonder how many time it actully takes for it to work

I tried this on a old save that was highly bloated, likely due to script problems. I did not have any problem zeroing the script data area, and when I saved and checked with TESVESSE the script data area was still zeroed. I was able to then load the game in Skyrim and then save it again. The old save was roughly 21Kb, and the final save I did was 8.5Kb.

Thanks! Rep+

Question: I have a broken save for a lvl 16 Character, like 20 hours gameplay, should i start over or try to clean it? Especially because i want to stick to the STEP Enhancement, and this character was not chreated for a STEP play through. Does it even matter?