Troubles installing Darnified UI - Fixed

So I had a lot of trouble installing the initial Darnified UI.  Primarily because in following your instructions, I had a window popup that told me the file was corrupt.  This window popup is incorrect.  Follow the instructions as laid out to the letter, and ignore the windows popup, and everything will work

Some people also have an issue with a popup that won't go away in game when you hit the esc key.  This is caused by DarnUI Support for FWE

in the DarnUI Support for FWE, open menu, there is an options folder with a single file: start_menu.xml.  It is responsible for the popup that you can't get rid of in the main menu.  Hiding it or deleting it fixes the issue.

This is a further Edit to the above.  Hiding or deleting does fix the problem, but causes other problems down the road.  ie not being able to  load a game into an exterior cell.  So the real fix in all of this is to redownload and reinstall DarnUI Support for FWE.  I am guessing that the xml file in question was corrupt and reinstalling will fix it.  this corrects both issue's.

It is not.  If you ignore the popup and follow the directions as specified it works.  I put a note about it in the directions on the page.

There are multiple copies of the start_menu.xml in the ui section.  All the Jip files have them as well as Darn, but they should be overwritten by the last one in DarnUI Support for FWE.  At least that is my understanding.

Edited by sattyre

By all means take a look at it.  I am having some wierd issues with the ui mods, and I really wouldn't be surprised if one of them is corrupt.  And when I say wierd issues, i don't mean in game, but in reinstalling some of the ui mods.  They act like they are still open and won't allow me to change the name of them or uninstall them..  I also noticed that they ended up on my C: drive in the appdata folder/local/whatever and sometimes with the zip file i was trying to install..  Like i said weird.  I've had a computer for 30 years, only been modding for 3, but I don't ever remember anything acting funky like this.

Have fun.