DynDOLOD Beta for Skyrim Special Edition, Skyrim VR and Enderal SE 2.98

sheson

2 hours ago, JaxonHellsing said:

Hi, so I've been using dyndolod for the past few months and up until now when trying to use texgen again I get this error when it tried to work on textures

"error copying textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02_n.dds to G:\games\skyrim dyndolod\Dyndolod\Texgen_output\dyndolod-temp\textures\dungeons\caves\caverocks01_n.dds" I'm unsure but I think it might be part of a texture mod but I don't know what's really causing it

ok well now it's Textures\dungeons\imperial\impwall05_n.dds to G:\games\skyrim dyndolod\dyndolod\texgen_output\dyndolod-temp\textures\dungeons\impwall05ice_n.dds

Read all log messages and follow all their suggestions.

Search the forum for the error message and possible discussions and solutions. 

If problem persists post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt (if it exists) and ..DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_log.txt or a screenshot of the error

Hi Sheson, I'm sorry for bothering you, and I know it's annoying to answer the same questions again and again, but I've searched the forum and still couldn't find the answer. 

I recently uninstalled previous versions from DynDOLOD before installing version 2.88 (core files)/298. When trying to run the TexGen64.exe I get the following error: "Found textures from earlier TexGen generation in game folder. It is recommended to uninstall all textures generated earlier before generating new textures". So I obviously missed something despite my attempt to follow your uninstall instructions. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I've missed. There are no DynDOLOD textures in my MO2 or in the installation nor the game folder.

Edited by Marina

On 1/3/2022 at 8:48 AM, sheson said:

If problem persists post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt (if it exists) and ..DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_log.txt or a screenshot of the error

I was having the same issue (when ignoring the issue about). (Thank to your link I now know it's a Windows Security issue.) Could you perhaps link to an explanation on how to upload the entire log to a file? Sorry, but I've never done that before.

Edited by Marina

1 hour ago, Marina said:

Hi Sheson, I'm sorry for bothering you, and I know it's annoying to answer the same questions again and again, but I've searched the forum and still couldn't find the answer. 

I recently uninstalled previous versions from DynDOLOD before installing version 2.88 (core files)/298. When trying to run the TexGen64.exe I get the following error: "Found textures from earlier TexGen generation in game folder. It is recommended to uninstall all textures generated earlier before generating new textures". So I obviously missed something despite my attempt to follow your uninstall instructions. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I've missed. There are no DynDOLOD textures in my MO2 or in the installation nor the game folder.

Are you trying to generate LOD for Enderal SE?

1 hour ago, Marina said:

I was having the same issue (when ignoring the issue about). (Thank to your link I now know it's a Windows Security issue.) Could you perhaps link to an explanation on how to upload the entire log to a file? Sorry, but I've never done that before.

Same issue compared to ...?

Only you can change the OS or 3rd party tools blocking the tools.

Zip all desired logs into an archive and upload it to https://ufile.io/ for example.

On 1/7/2022 at 7:10 PM, sheson said:

Are you trying to generate LOD for Enderal SE?

No, I was trying to generate LOD for SSE. Ignoring the error message didn’t seem to harm, though.

Same issue compared to ...?

Ah, sorry - same issue as this user:

Spoiler

"error copying textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02_n.dds to G:\games\skyrim dyndolod\Dyndolod\Texgen_output\dyndolod-temp\textures\dungeons\caves\caverocks01_n.dds" I'm unsure but I think it might be part of a texture mod but I don't know what's really causing it

ok well now it's Textures\dungeons\imperial\impwall05_n.dds to G:\games\skyrim dyndolod\dyndolod\texgen_output\dyndolod-temp\textures\dungeons\impwall05ice_n.dds"

Only you can change the OS or 3rd party tools blocking the tools.

I know. :)

Zip all desired logs into an archive and upload it to https://ufile.io/ for example.

Ok, got it! Thank you kindly for your quick help and reply!

Edited by Marina

11 minutes ago, Marina said:

No, I was trying to generate LOD for SSE. Ignoring the error message didn’t seem to harm, though.

Ah, sorry - same issue as this user:

[/spoiler]"error copying textures\landscape\mountains\mountainslab02_n.dds to G:\games\skyrim dyndolod\Dyndolod\Texgen_output\dyndolod-temp\textures\dungeons\caves\caverocks01_n.dds" I'm unsure but I think it might be part of a texture mod but I don't know what's really causing it

ok well now it's Textures\dungeons\imperial\impwall05_n.dds to G:\games\skyrim dyndolod\dyndolod\texgen_output\dyndolod-temp\textures\dungeons\impwall05ice_n.dds[/spoiler]

I know. :)

Ah, got it! Thank you kindly for your quick help and reply!

The message about TexGen output already existing means there are textures from a former TexGen run already installed. Ignoring this message means that a few textures can not be updated and might be wrong if their original source changed. Disable the mod that you created from the TexGen output in the mod manager so that no old TexGen output exist in the load order anymore.

Read all log messages, also the ones below the error message and follow their suggestions.

Search this forum for the error message to find similar posts.

If problem persists post error report with entire contents (not just the last couple lines) of ..\DynDOLOD\bugreport.txt (if it exists) and ..DynDOLOD\Logs\DynDOLOD_[GAMEMODE]_log.txt

14 minutes ago, sheson said:

May I humbly suggest following the exact recommendation and see what happens? ;) Edit: Or was that related to the spoiler tab? In that case it‘s my mistake. 
Please believe me, there are no other TexGen outputs but restored outputs on my desktop. I don’t think those count. I thought you might know a hidden folder or something like that, which may interfere...

Edited by Marina

11 minutes ago, Marina said:

May I humbly suggest following the exact recommendation and see what happens? ;) 
Please believe me, there are no other TexGen outputs but restored outputs on my desktop. I don’t think those count. I thought you might know a hidden folder or something like that, which may interfere...

TexGen creates a unique file at a specific path to the output folder together with all the other textures it generates.

You install this output as a mod, so the file now exists in the game data folder.

When TexGen is started again it asks the OS if this files exists in the data folder. If the OS says yes, TexGen prints this message.

That means that TexGen output or parts  of it are still installed in the data folder.

29 minutes ago, Marina said:

That's what the error message says, but no, there is no such file existing in the game folder. Or it's so extremely well hidden that I just can't find it.

A folder called DynDOLOD in data\textures\ seem pretty obvious. But so is textures\lod\ or textures\dlc01\lod or textures\dlc02\lod

6 hours ago, jumprrx said:

My game always crashes near whiterun, even in almost vanilla. 

the crashlog message is always: Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF6C5F7E4E3 SkyrimSE.exe+027E4E3

crash-2022-01-14-00-48-39.log 31.74 kB · 2 downloads

Bring up the mentioned form id 0804D76A in DynDOLOD.esp in xEdit.

Check the base record (NAME - Base) it uses and bring that up.

Check which model it is using. Start the xEdit Asset Browser with CTRL+F3, type in the model filename to know which containers supply it. Data is loose file. First mentioned container wins.

Highlight the found file in the Asset Browser to see which textures it is.

Most likely either the model (for example NiNode as explained in the readme) or one of the used textures (invalid format or resolution for example) has a problem.