xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

29 minutes ago, kleshas said:

quick question - getting some cross-hatching in my LODs.  Should I be checking the grass LOD part of generation (they only seem to be in grassy areas)?

2023-06-14.png

Toggle LOD off/on with the tll console command to verify something is LOD or not.

xLODGen does not generate grass LOD. Full grass does not affect LOD generation with xLODGen.

Terrain LOD textures are created from full landscape texture. If there is tiling, it is because of the full landscape diffuse textures (or maybe the normal map textures in case the bake option is selected). Not generating mipmaps for LOD level 4, different resolutions and/or compression formats can help to counter artifacts from resizing the full textures.

The game also adds the noise.dds on top, so it could be also causing this.

I apologize in advance for not being able to speak English. Dear friends! Please help - we generated LODs for the settlements we changed for Fallout 4 for the first time and there is one problem. A blue border appeared along the water in the Sanctuary Hills location. We found out that this nasty blue border disappears if you turn off the "patch-unblocker of additional objects" mod "Build High - Expanded Settlements 5.0", which is used to expand the boundaries of construction in our mod. Please advise how to solve this problem. Thank you!

Снимок экрана (11).jpg

Снимок экрана (12).jpg

2 hours ago, shieldandsword said:

I apologize in advance for not being able to speak English. Dear friends! Please help - we generated LODs for the settlements we changed for Fallout 4 for the first time and there is one problem. A blue border appeared along the water in the Sanctuary Hills location. We found out that this nasty blue border disappears if you turn off the "patch-unblocker of additional objects" mod "Build High - Expanded Settlements 5.0", which is used to expand the boundaries of construction in our mod. Please advise how to solve this problem. Thank you!

Снимок экрана (11).jpg

Снимок экрана (12).jpg

No logs. It is unclear what LOD types were generated for which worldspace etc.

Why do you believe this has anything to do with xLODGen? Does it go away when toggling LOD off with tll in console?

What do you expect LOD, which is meshes and textures that show past the active cells, to do about a mod that adds a highlight around things?

Thanks for your reply! I really think the point is that we incorrectly generated LODs. Without loading LODs, there is no glow along the water's edge.With the console command tll (reloading LODs, as far as I understand), the blue bar disappears.
When lods are disabled, there is no blue bar either.
We will try to re-generate LODs and save the log of logs.

Снимок экрана (31).jpg

Снимок экрана (32).jpg

Edited by shieldandsword

1 hour ago, shieldandsword said:

Thanks for your reply! I really think the point is that we incorrectly generated LODs. Without loading LODs, there is no glow along the water's edge.With the console command tll (reloading LODs, as far as I understand), the blue bar disappears.
When lods are disabled, there is no blue bar either.
We will try to re-generate LODs and save the log of logs.

Снимок экрана (31).jpg

Снимок экрана (32).jpg

So turning LOD off and then on "fixes" the outlines caused by another mod?
Turning LOD off and on again does not change the LOD meshes or textures. They are still the same.

Still not sure what you expect LOD generation to do about a mod causing this? Does it not happen with vanilla LOD?

On 6/24/2023 at 4:38 PM, shieldandsword said:

That's why I decided to write here in the forum: Loaded LODs - there is a blue border, if the LODs that we made ourselves are not loaded (vanilla LODs work) - there is no blue border. Excuse me please - this is our first attempt at making LODs.

Do not forget to upload the log.

On 6/25/2023 at 11:48 PM, sheson said:

Do not forget to upload the log.

Dear sheson! Our attempts to remove the blue border around the water when generating LODs in the Sanctuary Hills location were unsuccessful. We found the "culprit" in our opinion is the "Scrapper Patch" mod "Build High - Expanded Settlements 5.0" .
If this patch is disabled, there is no blue border.
I must say that we changed the location of Sanctuary very much in our mod, after which problems appeared. We ask you, if possible, to help with advice on how to eliminate this unpleasant visual effect, if possible. There is nothing like it in other locations. I am attaching the files. Thank you!

Mod file:

LOD file:

Scrap Everything mod settings: 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.41559cbf3317d6c472f7b83d8577c124.pngimage.thumb.png.5444b6d39a3b5d43d8ab255759afabd5.png

Mod settings "Build High - Expanded Settlements 5.0"

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7d37d8015102f7570534e36825ec44ba.png

LODGen_log.txt

Edited by shieldandsword

38 minutes ago, shieldandsword said:

Dear sheson! Our attempts to remove the blue border around the water when generating LODs in the Sanctuary Hills location were unsuccessful. We found the "culprit" in our opinion is the "Scrapper Patch" mod "Build High - Expanded Settlements 5.0" .
If this patch is disabled, there is no blue border.
I must say that we changed the location of Sanctuary very much in our mod, after which problems appeared. We ask you, if possible, to help with advice on how to eliminate this unpleasant visual effect, if possible. There is nothing like it in other locations. I am attaching the files. Thank you!

Mod file:

LOD file:

Scrap Everything mod settings: 

Reveal hidden contents

Mod settings "Build High - Expanded Settlements 5.0"

Reveal hidden contents

LODGen_log.txt 239.97 kB · 1 download

You uploaded the LODGen_log.txt, which only shows meshes generation. Upload the xLODGen log instead (FO4LODGen_log.txt)

Test if not unchecking "No vertex colors" for object LOD generation makes a difference. The "No vertex colors" checkbox should be checked by default.

If that makes no difference, use the process of elimination to narrow it down to a specific LOD file.

First hide all xLODGen output to make sure, the problem goes away.
Then restore the terrain LOD meshes for the worldspace, e.g. meshes\Terrain\Commonwealth\*.BTR and terrain LOD textures\Terrain\Commonwealth\*.DDS to see if the problem comes back.
If not, hide the terrain LOD again and restore the object LOD meshes - meshes\terrain\Commonwealth\Objects\*.bto and object LOD textures\Terrain\Commonwealth\Objects\*.DDS to see if the problem comes back.
Once you know which LOD type needs to be active, hide only the textures or vice versa only the meshes, so you know what needs to be active for the problem to occur.
Then narrow down to a single file using binary search, e.g. hide half the files, if problem goes away, restore and remove the other half until you are down to a single file.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi sheson, thank you for the mod. I've been attempting to generate both Object and Terrain LOD but I see in my logs that an 'Unhandled Exception' occurs, resulting in a LODGen process error, ending the generation, and skipping over to the next worldspace.

This is a example when generating Object LOD

Spoiler

[00:00] Generating LOD
[00:00] [WastelandNV] Generating Object LOD
[00:18] [WastelandNV] No options file found: Z:\run\media\matthew\Storage\Modding Tools\xLODGEN\Edit Scripts\FNVLODGen_FalloutNV_WastelandNV_Options.txt
[00:18] [WastelandNV] Saving LODGen data: Z:\run\media\matthew\Storage\Modding Tools\xLODGEN\Edit Scripts\LODGen.txt
[00:18] [WastelandNV] Building LOD textures atlas: Z:\run\media\matthew\Storage\Mod Organizer 2\mods\xLODGen Output Object\textures\landscape\lod\WastelandNV\Blocks\WastelandNV.Buildings.dds with 445 textures
[00:19] <Note: textures\mojave\lod\adobelod_d_n.dds normal map not found, using flat replacement>
[00:22] ============================================================
[00:22] Skyrim/Fallout Object/Terrain LOD Generator 3.0.11.0
[00:22] Created by Ehamloptiran and Zilav
[00:22] Updated by Sheson
[00:22] Log started at 11:51:30 PM
[00:22] .NET Version: 4.8
[00:22] Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: Invalid access.
[00:22]    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
[00:22]    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
[00:22]    at System.Console.set_Title(String value)
[00:22]    at LODGeneratorCMD.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\project\LODGen\LODGeneratorCMD\Program.cs:line 848
[00:22] [WastelandNV] Objects LOD generation error: LODGen process error, exit code E0434352

And when generating Terrain LOD

Spoiler

[00:08] Skyrim/Fallout Object/Terrain LOD Generator 3.0.11.0
[00:08] Created by Ehamloptiran and Zilav
[00:08] Updated by Sheson
[00:08] Log started at 12:04:02 AM
[00:08] .NET Version: 4.8
[00:08] Unhandled Exception: System.IO.IOException: Invalid access.
[00:08]    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
[00:08]    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
[00:08]    at System.Console.set_Title(String value)
[00:08]    at LODGeneratorCMD.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\project\LODGen\LODGeneratorCMD\Program.cs:line 848
[00:08] [WastelandNV Default] Terrain LOD meshes generation error: LODGen process error, exit code E0434352

Resulting in very jarring LOD:

Spoiler

44bbip.png

Are you able to make sense of these logs? What could be some potential causes to my issue?

LODGen logs.7z

Edited by lodgenerator

2 hours ago, lodgenerator said:

Hi sheson, thank you for the mod. I've been attempting to generate both Object and Terrain LOD but I see in my logs that an 'Unhandled Exception' occurs, resulting in a LODGen process error, ending the generation, and skipping over to the next worldspace.

Are you able to make sense of these logs? What could be some potential causes to my issue?

LODGen logs.7z 240.8 kB · 1 download

System.IO.IOException: Invalid access

From the first post:
Do not generate into any game, any mod manager folders or special Windows folder like Program Files x86, Users, Desktop, Documents, Downloads etc.

From the Readme.txt:
Do not generate into any game or any mod manager folders that are part (direct or indirect) of the virtual file system. Install the output as a mod.

Make sure OS, antivr is not preventing access either.

Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. System.OutOfMemoryException

Use the x64 version.

Hey Sheson, could you please suggest what might have gone wrong with LodGen here?

LodGen issue

I'm 99.9% sure i did everything in the right order. I'm using majestic landscapes (also i did turn on the required specific textures for lodgen and then disabled them as required).

Edited by aerithone