xLODGen - Terrain LOD beta 110 for FNV, FO3, FO4, FO4VR, TES5, SSE, TES5VR, ENDERAL, ENDERALSE

sheson

1 hour ago, toggy_wonga said:

i am so sorry, I apologize for not finding this sooner, but I needed a terrain plugin. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54680?tab=description

I don't remember this being on the description for any lodgen articles. You might want to put a little thing about it in the readme. 

The OP has all of this information.

can I generate tree lod/3D tree lod with occlusion on the same session or is it just terrain and object that that can be generated with occlusion? Should I generate the trees, terrain and object lod., close xlodgen, install the files, then reopen it and generate occlusion? Do I need to generate it if using a water mod like cathedral water? I'm not at the moment but I could. Prefer not to...

2 hours ago, KatCut said:

can I generate tree lod/3D tree lod with occlusion on the same session or is it just terrain and object that that can be generated with occlusion? Should I generate the trees, terrain and object lod., close xlodgen, install the files, then reopen it and generate occlusion? Do I need to generate it if using a water mod like cathedral water? I'm not at the moment but I could. Prefer not to...

Generate terrain LOD with xLODGen. Generate object and tree/3D tree LOD and occlusion with DynDOLOD 3 Alpha.

Cathedral - Water Overhaul and Bug Fixes has no relevance to LOD/Occlusion generation.

I know the recommendation is to use dyndolod for tree lods, but I really want to learn xlodgen for lods as I don't want to use skse in this playthru, Dyndolod requires skse, but xlodgen doesn't, I'm doing a ultra vanilla playthrough with just unofficial patch upscaled vanilla textures and LOD, I want to use xlodgen for all of it but have no idea where to start, as most guides say dyndolod better use that instead. I understand that, I just still insist I want to learn xlodgen. Can anyone point me to the right direction to start with? Specially with 3d lods. I have indistinguishable billboards but from what I gather I need meshes for 3d, so I'd need to make em. 

1 hour ago, KatCut said:

I know the recommendation is to use dyndolod for tree lods, but I really want to learn xlodgen for lods as I don't want to use skse in this playthru, Dyndolod requires skse, but xlodgen doesn't, I'm doing a ultra vanilla playthrough with just unofficial patch upscaled vanilla textures and LOD, I want to use xlodgen for all of it but have no idea where to start, as most guides say dyndolod better use that instead. I understand that, I just still insist I want to learn xlodgen. Can anyone point me to the right direction to start with? Specially with 3d lods. I have indistinguishable billboards but from what I gather I need meshes for 3d, so I'd need to make em. 

For generating 3D tree LOD with xLODGen you need to create 3D tree LOD assets with the full model name and *_lod_[0|1|2].nif appended to it and they need to be at the same path as their full models. e.g. TreeAspen01.nif -> TreeAspen01_LOD_0.nif.

Trying to manually do (most of) the things that DynDOLOD does automatically for entire load orders and object and tree LOD generation will probably take months.

IMHO a load order on PC without SKSE, SSE Engine fixes, etc. is a waste of time. It would be more like an exercise to see how long it takes to finally be fed up with all the engine bugs and problems.

5 hours ago, sheson said:

For generating 3D tree LOD with xLODGen you need to create 3D tree LOD assets with the full model name and *_lod_[0|1|2].nif appended to it and they need to be at the same path as their full models. e.g. TreeAspen01.nif -> TreeAspen01_LOD_0.nif.

Trying to manually do (most of) the things that DynDOLOD does automatically for entire load orders and object and tree LOD generation will probably take months.

IMHO a load order on PC without SKSE, SSE Engine fixes, etc. is a waste of time. It would be more like an exercise to see how long it takes to finally be fed up with all the engine bugs and problems.

I agree, it is a bit of a test of patience with the engine bugs, how ever, I have played thru the entire game all quest lines and main quests with just ussep and no other mod, as a way to experience a vanilla game with a fan made final patch to iron out the bugs that could be fixed with ck, as I played heavely modded skyrim for over 4 years and in contrast I played vanilla for only about a week back when I started playing in 2018. I played thru it vanilla without any mods recently then with ussep, but got fedup of the ugly lods and terrain, so I got an upscaled texture mod and wanted to use xlodgen to get increased draw distance. I did figure out how to use dyndolod without skse tho which is far better than the months it would take to do it all manually with xlodgen as u said. I will do another play thru latter with skse and engine fixes, just not now. Thank you for the instructions though. I really apreciate it and the effort u've put in to improving everyone's draw distance! 

5 hours ago, Broz95 said:

My xLODgen keep closing after generating lods can anyone help?

LODGen_log.txt 1.94 MB · 2 downloads

2 hours ago, Broz95 said:

I reran it a couple times deleting the meshes and textures each time any help why it keeps on closing?

LODGen_log.txt 1.94 MB · 5 downloads

The xLODGen thread is the best location for this.

Is that really all the information you are willing to surrender?
I assume that also means you did not do any troubleshooting or search so far?
Since you uploaded the LODGen log (the command line tool that generate the terrain LOD meshes and ran fine without error apparently) and not the xLODGen, I assume that means there is no xLODGen log being saved?

Which would mean, xLODGen is not closing voluntarily, but it is forcefully terminated by the OS or antivir.

Always set a dedicated output folder outside of game and mod manager folders. Install output as a mod.

Check the Windows Event log. Make sure antivir is not interfering. Update MO2.

Use the valid Steam version of the game.

1 hour ago, sheson said:

The xLODGen thread is the best location for this.

Is that really all the information you are willing to surrender?
I assume that also means you did not do any troubleshooting or search so far?
Since you uploaded the LODGen log (the command line tool that generate the terrain LOD meshes and ran fine without error apparently) and not the xLODGen, I assume that means there is no xLODGen log being saved?

Which would mean, xLODGen is not closing voluntarily, but it is forcefully terminated by the OS or antivir.

Always set a dedicated output folder outside of game and mod manager folders. Install output as a mod.

Check the Windows Event log. Make sure antivir is not interfering. Update MO2.

Use the valid Steam version of the game.

Sorry im kinda new to the step mod website its confusing to navigate. I did all the above I'm just confused on why it keeps closing and what information do you need?

SSELODGen_log.txt