Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hi Lexy,

Loot Metadata Update Required:NoGrassINCaves.esp -  Add to NPC Retextures GroupNoGrassINCaves.esp -  Load After NPC Retexture Merge SSE.esp

is mentioned in the main guide but not mentioned on the changelog and on the finishing line. Think you forgot it :)

TO further answer this: There are a number of rules mentioned during install that never appear in the Finishing Line... these were added so that those few who just have to turn on the game every so often to make sure they aren't messing something up (which is pointless until it's all installed anyway, but whatevs...) can properly sort everything. As Link mentioned, those get merged later on, so won't appear in the Finishing Line because you wouldn't be able to alter them at that point anyhow.

Question if I was to add beyond skyrim Bruma would there be any known conflicts? Asking because I think I remember it in the guide a while ago but then it isn't anymore. Am I remembering wrong?

Bruma was a part of the guide until about a month or two ago. If you got back through the guide's changelog, you'll see where it was removed. The guide lists for that period should give you an idea of what mod patches you need to go looking for.

That said... it was dropped for a reason... that reason being that it's an unfinished bloody mess of a mod. It's playable, but it is only a 'proof-of-concept' mod that is part of a much larger project. Your call, of course, but I, personally, wouldn't recommend it.

SSEEdit has an autodetect bash tag script ... which when run sometimes lists tags for some esps not mentioned in the guide. Should we add these tags or just add the ones adviced by the guide ?

Stick with the guide.

The Guide is Life.

Lexy is your god now.

Trust in Lexy.

Repeat until you believe it. :)

TO further answer this: There are a number of rules mentioned during install that never appear in the Finishing Line... these were added so that those few who just have to turn on the game every so often to make sure they aren't messing something up (which is pointless until it's all installed anyway, but whatevs...) can properly sort everything. As Link mentioned, those get merged later on, so won't appear in the Finishing Line because you wouldn't be able to alter them at that point anyhow.

okay. but i dont understand. Because in the ELE merge i place no grassincaves.esp manually by hand on the third place from above. So why is this rules needed? ( i just want to know)

because "npcretexture merge.esp" has nothing to to with the ele merged its unavailable in the merge itself as a master for example

Edited by Memoso

Ok, here's a wall of text with some troubleshooting I did so hopefully it can get some attention as I didn't get any help in the Discord. BTW, that's not a criticism, I understand that not everyone on Discord can be a troubleshooting maverick online 24/7.

While building the Bash Patch I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "bash\balt.pyo", line 436, in <lambda>
 File "bash\balt.pyo", line 1605, in _conversation_wrapper
 File "bash\basher\patcher_dialog.pyo", line 205, in PatchExecute
 File "bash\patcher\patch_files.pyo", line 340, in buildPatch
 File "bash\patcher\patchers\importers.pyo", line 2824, in buildPatch
AttributeError: 'MreBook' object has no attribute 'damage'

While I don't understand the error a user had the exact same thing and posted on 6/16 in the Discord. I followed the trail over to the Wrye Bash and MO2 Discords and saw they posted the same thing in both those Discords and got a reply, but no solution either.

With that as a dead end for me, I narrowed it down to having Weapons Armours Merged.esp checked under Import Stats. If I check everything else the guide states and leave out weapons armours merged specifically under Import Stats the Bash Patch builds fine. When I load Weapons Armours Merged.esp in SSEEdit and go to 'Check errors' it says it finds 36 errors. I double checked in the merge patch in zEdit that everything was loaded in the proper order and rebuilt and still have the same 36 errors. From there I checked each plugin in the merge and narrowed it down to Lustmord Vampire Armor - Consistency Patch.esp (part of Lexy's LOTD Consistency Patches) and are just getting combined into the merge. Since I don't have any skills in actually troubleshooting SSEEdit errors, I decided to rebuild the patch leaving out Lustmord Vampire Armor and it's consistency patch. The Bash Patch built fine, and I'm moving on from here. Hopefully not including that one mod and it's consistency patch doesn't break anything, as I'm not too worried about it actually being included.

Here is a Pastebin of the errors that SSEEdit spit out when checking the consistency patch for reference.

https://pastebin.com/3XG1AHpd

okay. but i dont understand. Because in the ELE merge i place no grassincaves.esp manually by hand on the third place from above. So why is this rules needed? ( i just want to know)

because "npcretexture merge.esp" has nothing to to with the ele merged its unavailable in the merge itself as a master for example

as shadriss say it there for users who absolutely must run LOOT before they should and they don't come moan at me that LOOT is spewing out a cyclic error.

Ok, here's a wall of text with some troubleshooting I did so hopefully it can get some attention as I didn't get any help in the Discord. BTW, that's not a criticism, I understand that not everyone on Discord can be a troubleshooting maverick online 24/7.

While I don't understand the error a user had the exact same thing and posted on 6/16 in the Discord. I followed the trail over to the Wrye Bash and MO2 Discords and saw they posted the same thing in both those Discords and got a reply, but no solution either.

With that as a dead end for me, I narrowed it down to having Weapons Armours Merged.esp checked under Import Stats. If I check everything else the guide states and leave out weapons armours merged specifically under Import Stats the Bash Patch builds fine. When I load Weapons Armours Merged.esp in SSEEdit and go to 'Check errors' it says it finds 36 errors. I double checked in the merge patch in zEdit that everything was loaded in the proper order and rebuilt and still have the same 36 errors. From there I checked each plugin in the merge and narrowed it down to Lustmord Vampire Armor - Consistency Patch.esp (part of Lexy's LOTD Consistency Patches) and are just getting combined into the merge. Since I don't have any skills in actually troubleshooting SSEEdit errors, I decided to rebuild the patch leaving out Lustmord Vampire Armor and it's consistency patch. The Bash Patch built fine, and I'm moving on from here. Hopefully not including that one mod and it's consistency patch doesn't break anything, as I'm not too worried about it actually being included.

Here is a Pastebin of the errors that SSEEdit spit out when checking the consistency patch for reference.

you're best bet is as the Wrye bash team. I woudl also rebuild the Weapons and armors merge

SO there's a few things that we always recommend checking - I realize you may have done some of these already, but since you didn't say, I won't assume. :)

A) Just after the LOOT process in Finishing Line, thee is a list of places to try COC'ing into. Try this process again... the intent in this test is to make sure all the statues were renamed properly, and Lexy listed the easiest ones to check. I can't recall is Morthal has on in it's area or not, but that's the first thing to check. If this test results in CTD, then you need to go into the guide instructions for Stunning Statues and the Talos staute mod (whose name escapes me at the moment) and make sure you've followed them and that all spellings are correct.

B) In Skyrim - Immersive Creatures, make sure that the Goblin spawns are turned off - they have been known to cause CTD because of the rocks they throw having bad meshes. Also verify all the other spawns in that mod are set properly while you are at it.

C) If neither of those turn out to be the issue, it'll be time for more intensive searching. The next thing I'd do at that point is COC into Morthal itself and see if it CTDs or not. This may give an indication if it's the city itself, or something surrounding it.

Let's go with those for now, and see what happens.

Okay I've done those things on my main character, I get an immediate crash when I try to COC into MorthalExterior01, like I don't get to the loading screen. I also started a new character specifically for testing this and got a crash when I walked past morvarth's lair towards Morthal from Ustengrav. I assume that at this point I'm probalby just going to have to start disabling mods to see what's causing the crash. Is it well known which mods in the guide modify morthal? Is there any way I might narrow it down by poking around in xEdit? 

Lexy answered this, but for clarity:

Some users feel a need to LOOT sort and look inside their game for errors long before the entire guide is finished. Without these kind of rules, they will get a Cyclic Error in LOOT, which they then come over here or on the Discord to complain about, even though we say not to do that because it's pointless. Lexy finally caved to this, and provided LOOT rules which allow these people to LOOT sort just so she wouldn't have to listen to the whining.

Okay I've done those things on my main character, I get an immediate crash when I try to COC into MorthalExterior01, like I don't get to the loading screen. I also started a new character specifically for testing this and got a crash when I walked past morvarth's lair towards Morthal from Ustengrav. I assume that at this point I'm probalby just going to have to start disabling mods to see what's causing the crash. Is it well known which mods in the guide modify morthal? Is there any way I might narrow it down by poking around in xEdit? 

I'm afraid so. The ones I list are pretty much the biggest offenders. Before you start the 50/50 checking though, there is one more quick-ish check that you can look... I mention this one only because it's come up on the Discord several times in recent days. Verify that all mods in the guide that contain the CLASSIC tag have had their BSA files unpacked - if they have not, then this can also cause a CTD. I think that one happens on game load, and is not tied to given locations, but it's still something to look at.

Apart from that... yeah, the "turn-it-off-check-turn-off-next-check" method (AKA, 50/50 checks) is about all that's left. I'd start by turning off only the Finishing Line mods and then the merges... those are the two most likely places for something to have gone wrong.

I'd try rebuilding the merge first... I know Lexy mentioned it, but it was almost as an afterthought, so I want to be sure you see this. I've just rebuilt all of my merges as part of the recent weekly update, and I'm not seeing this problem... so I can only assume that something went wrong during that particular merge. Restart it from scratch, make sure of the instructions and process, and give this another try. From my own experience in the last day or two, this merge does work as intended with no errors. 

I found the morthal crashing problem while disabling the merged patches. When I did I also disabled the conflict resolution patches and discovered that I had the wrong version of the LotD conflict resolution patch which was causing the crash when I went to morthal. 

So a while ago I mentioned that you'd need to extract the display models from the Fossil Mining mod in order to see them in the displays in the museum with the new version of Fossil Mining. Well there is now a compatability patch for V4 of LotDB that fixes that. Just an FYI.

Also, now that Wyrmstooth is back are we thinking of adding it back in? I just see some of the displays for it and I'm wondering lol.

So a while ago I mentioned that you'd need to extract the display models from the Fossil Mining mod in order to see them in the displays in the museum with the new version of Fossil Mining. Well there is now a compatability patch for V4 of LotDB that fixes that. Just an FYI.

Also, now that Wyrmstooth is back are we thinking of adding it back in? I just see some of the displays for it and I'm wondering lol.

Wyrmstooth may make a appearance in the future.

I just wanted to ask a quick question, Can we use Frankly HD Imperial Armor for the heavy Armors and sheilds and just keep amidian for the light stuff? the reason i asking is does it conflict?

If its just textures and no esp files then it should be fine. If it has an esp then you may need to make your own conflict resolution patch or something of the like.

What do you mean Wyrmstooth is back?

Alright, I've found another issue that's thankfuly not game breaking. I can't make gold ingots from gold ore nor silver ingots from silver ore. If I remember correctly I think this started to be an issue when I began taking ordinator smithing perks. Does anyone have any ideas on fixing it?